• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

PsychBat!

Banned
I'm cautiously optimistic on Toy Story 4.
CMYbaTRWcAAj_5q.jpg

PsychBat!

Banned
Toy story 4? Why? It's done it's over. What story beat do they have left now?

Get ready Bo Peep & Woody shippers, it looks like you’ll finally get the relationship you’ve always wanted in Toy Story 4. With the fourth installment hitting theaters sometime in 2017, it looks like Pixar is finally giving fans a chance to dive deeper into the Bo Peep character. The news was announced by Disney's John Lasseter himself in an interview with CNBC where he said ""It's a love story with Woody and—and this is news—Bo Peep!" Will we see actress Annie Potts return to the character? Only time will tell.
http://comicbook.com/2015/08/14/toy-story-4-will-be-a-woody-and-bo-peep-love-story/

Boogiepop

So, finished off Thanos Imperitive last night, capping off "the chart." Definifely enjoyed it, had some nice moments. And man, the Universe has to be a mess after all those crazy galactic wars in a row. Some Abstracts dying in particular feels like that should be a really, really bad thing.

Also, for followup stuff: apparently Star Lord pops back out, but not Nova? When does that happen? And apparently Bendis wrote an explanation that disappointed everyone? Also, since the end of this lead up to that, how's Annihilators? And anything else especially worth reading about this stuff? Like, I never read Infinity Gauntlet? Is that omnibus worth it?
Anybody on this stuff, btw?

Hagi

Bo Peep? Thought she was given away before 3? surely she'd be pissed that they never went looking for her like they did for everyone else through the 3 movies. Would be better as a revenge thriller like Lady Vengeance.

First two issues are a crossover with I, Vampire, one that is presumably finished in an I, Vampire trade. After that, it starts up a completely different story.

Oh fuck no. I was about to start Justice League Dark tonight.

First Animal Man and Rotworld, then Rucka WW and Infinite Crisis. And now you tell me about this. I need to go flip some tables.

First Animal Man and Rotworld, then Rucka WW and Infinite Crisis. And now you tell me about this. I need to go flip some tables.

Forced tie-ins man ar we the best thing ever. I just love having my stories interrupted by them. I rather watch a character I love and another I have no idea about interact with mediocre characterization than have a good story.

Did I mention my name was Dan DiDio?

There are two forced tie-ins in JLD to my recollection. There's one at the start of vol. 2, the one we were talking about. There's also Trinity War, the crossover with JL and JLA, which can be avoided if you stop reading JLD after vol. 3.

Oh, right, there's also Forever Evil: Blight, but that coincides with Lemire's replacement, so idk.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'll admit I can't possibly keep up with all the posts in this thread what with actually trying to READ COMICS, a crippling addiction to Marvel Future Fight, and other life stuff. On that note has anyone heard of the new series "Paper Girls"? http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/977?articleID=167438 It looks rad as hell. I totally get a Monster Squad vibe out of it! Some dude just posted a link in a FB group I'm part of and I went straight away to CMX but evidently it isn't out yet.

I've read several articles and, I'll concede I may be a big dumb poop head, but it seems the closest thing I can find regarding a release date is an "October solicitation" from Image Comics? Does this mean I have to wait until October to read this or is there some weird comic nerd terminology I'm missing out on here?

I wanna check this shit out.

I've read several articles and, I'll concede I may be a big dumb poop head, but it seems the closest thing I can find regarding a release date is an "October solicitation" from Image Comics? Does this mean I have to wait until October to read this or is there some weird comic nerd terminology I'm missing out on here?

I wanna check this shit out.

Nope, that's how solicits work. Some people were talking about it before I got super into Vaughan (which was like week before last). I'm looking forward to it.

Anybody on this stuff, btw?

I just got to the part where Bendis explains it. I didn't think his explanation was too bad. The problem is just that Bendis' GotG overall kind of kludges the previous continuity to be more MCU-like. Quill, Drax and Thanos are all alive again, Quill is a smirking, roguish slacker on his junky ship. Knowwhere suddenly is this skeevy, Mos Eisley place. Nobody remembers Quill being the hero of the bug war. In fact, he doesn't seem to be famous at all. The characters from the movie are the core cast, and the other Guardians aren't in it.

In fact, when Bendis finally does get around to explaining how Quill, Drax and Thanos are back (and Richie isn't), it's actually pretty refreshing just to read some acknowledgement of the DnA days.

Top Bottom