• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
He's giving helicopter rides to kids in Iowa today while Hilary answers questions about her emails. It's over people, we're making America great again. We had one slip-up when we let Messi in but we're turning things around come 2016.

I can't even tell if that helicopter thing is a joke or not. It sounds absolutely insane, yet totally plausible.

I came in am stimulated your economy with 7k

Wait, for real!? O_O

ElNarez

Banned
I can't wait for the constitutional amendment that changes the American election process to who owns the most helicopters and how cool those helicopters are

MTMTE is actually good

It's one of the finest comics published today, and is, in general, far better than it has any right to be. I'm really enjoying Windblade and Robots in Disguise The Transformers as well. Combiner Wars was legit great fun. It hurts me as someone for whom Prowl was one of my favourites back in the day.

Also, Donald Trump reminds me of Mad Bob Booth from Judge Dredd. I'd almost like to see him win outright, but then I remember that he would start a war with Russia/China/ISIS/Martians , Enda Kenny's Ireland would want to kiss up to the US and I'd end up drafted and likely dead.

Savitar

It's one of the finest comics published today, and is, in general, far better than it has any right to be. I'm really enjoying Windblade and Robots in Disguise The Transformers as well. Combiner Wars was legit great fun. It hurts me as someone for whom Prowl was one of my favourites back in the day.

Also, Donald Trump reminds me of Mad Bob Booth from Judge Dredd. I'd almost like to see him win outright, but then I remember that he would start a war with Russia/China/ISIS/Martians , Enda Kenny's Ireland would want to kiss up to the US and I'd end up drafted and likely dead.

I KNOW that reference!

The Judge Dredd one.

And yes Transformers comics really are damn good solid stuff.

PsychBat!

Banned
rogue-one-cast-photo-d23-1024x682.jpg

Star Wars Rogue One cast photo.

Zombine

Banned
I hope so :D

Man, I remember last time you guys voted. I was worried as fuck, Romney was like a cartonish Simpsons Republican.

Right now it's too early for anyone to proclaim that x or y is 100% guaranteed the White House. Hillary isn't even a given tbh. I think that if she doesn't make some big moves over the next year she's going to be eclipsed by someone like Biden, who I think Is probably the best candidate we have right now. Trump is going to run regardless of the nomination, and it's going to split the crazy vote and lose the republicans the WH, or he's going to be the nominee and Republicans will have to turn up the crazy and it'll secure the dems the seat. Either way, the Democratic Party has it, but I think if you're even remotely interested in politics and not the dank memes, you'll realize that there's probably a bigger upset brewing for the democrats than whatever that right wing mess is.

Biden/Sanders would be no joke.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm doing an MS in power systems engineering. I have no idea what Coriolanus is studying.

Kipp like "that's more than I've spent in the past year"

Ah, very nice! (and the Coriolanus comment was basically me just saying "Coriolanus, I'd love for you to answer this too" rather than me asking you what he was studying :p)

And honestly, I think that's probably more than I've spent in the last 3 years. Haha

Lol. Incredible.
Trump will be great with kids.

I could be wrong, but from what I've seen of Trump (and I've seen quite a bit), he's by far the least warmongering Republican candidate. Not saying a lot, but still.

Yes, the 3rd and 4th Unknown Soldier trades are here! Will finish this today.

I just got the 4th one this week. I have to finish it as well...

Yessss! Such an incredible comic.

Right now it's too early for anyone to proclaim that x or y is 100% guaranteed the White House. Hillary isn't even a given tbh. I think that if she doesn't make some big moves over the next year she's going to be eclipsed by someone like Biden, who I think Is probably the best candidate we have right now. Trump is going to run regardless of the nomination, and it's going to split the crazy vote and lose the republicans the WH, or he's going to be the nominee and Republicans will have to turn up the crazy and it'll secure the dems the seat. Either way, the Democratic Party has it, but I think if you're even remotely interested in politics and not the dank memes, you'll realize that there's probably a bigger upset brewing for the democrats than whatever that right wing mess is.

Biden/Sanders would be no joke.

Yep, I'm super excited about the democratic field now. As of a month ago it seemed like Hillary had it in the bag, but things are really starting to open up. I'm not really a fan of Hillary, so I'm really looking forward to a bit of competition.

I can't wait for the constitutional amendment that changes the American election process to who owns the most helicopters and how cool those helicopters are

Certainly this is a more stringent and acceptable requirement than those currently in place.

Star Wars Rogue One cast photo.

Day zero. Is this a separate film or a TV series or what?

CMeT-igUAAAYXBu.jpg

Star Wars Land! Coming soon to both Disneyland and Disney World.

How soon before I can move in?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ah that makes sense then. Have they shown anyone old other than Harrison Ford? Leia?
Leia is yet to be seen. Han was seen, he will be a main character...

Mega Spoiler. No kidding. The most important part which will be Awakens I am your Father moment:
before he dies in the end

Leia is yet to be seen. Han was seen, he will be a main character...

Mega Spoiler:
before he dies in the end

Trolololololol

I'm curious about how they're keeping Rey and Finn's last names under wraps. Finn is an especially interesting case because
while it's rumored that Rey is Han's kid, according to recent issues of the Marvel comic, Han has a wife who happens to be of dark skin tone. So a case could be made for Finn being his kid as well.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Trolololololol

I'm curious about how they're keeping Rey and Finn's last names under wraps. Finn is an especially interesting case because
while it's rumored that Rey is Han's kid, according to recent issues of the Marvel comic, Han has a wife who happens to be of dark skin tone. So a case could be made for Finn being his kid as well.
Oh fucking shit :O

But I want him
to be a Skywalker
... :/

Zombine

Banned
CMeT-igUAAAYXBu.jpg

Star Wars Land! Coming soon to both Disneyland and Disney World.

Disney is a really expensive trip for non-Florida residents. I haven't been to Disney World in 15 years and want to go back, but I may time it closer to the opening of Star Wars Land. I've been considering going there this October.

I hope they reintroduce Mara Jade...

I would love to have Mara Jade and the Solo kids back. The rest of the EU can stay in the dumpster. But I don't see it happening. Disney ain't about sharing profits with creators. They'd rather just make a whole new cast of characters.

Trolololololol

That would make Finn 30+

Bank on Rey being a Skywalker or someone close to them.

We'd probably know a lot more about The Force Awakens if Abrams wasn't directing.

Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Can't wait for a Kylo Ren Funko and Black Series figure though.

Top Bottom