• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Got a PS4 for my birthday woo hook

Some of my comics also came in. Luther Strode v 2 (Dat Tradd Moore art), Blacksad A Silent Hell and Borgias. Read some of Luther Strode. The writing is not a strong suit here. That dialogue...

Messi

I hope she is evil so all your doom and gloom Silk posts weren't for nothing. I believe in you Messi.

Last time I was predicting doom and gloom and no one believed me my work closed down and laid us all off. Never have I been sadder to have been right.

Hagi

Last time I was predicting doom and gloom and no one believed me my work closed down and laid us all off. Never have I been sadder to have been right.

wilde-1427893487.gif

That escalated quickly. In that case I hope your wrong and everything is as twee as it should be.

Zombine

Banned
I was looking at pics of the stuff I bought last NYCC, and it was all pretty cool stuff but I wasn't targeted at all. This year instead of just buying things randomly for $20+, I'll get more art from creators I enjoy.

Last year I was like "Hey, this random Deviantart user's booth is cool, let's spend $20+ there."

Messi

I was looking at pics of the stuff I bought last NYCC, and it was all pretty cool stuff but I wasn't targeted at all. This year instead of just buying things randomly for $20+, I'll get more art from creators I enjoy.

Last year I was like "Hey, this random Deviantart user's booth is cool, let's spend $20+ there."

Can I save this post for when you buy a bunch of $20 shit? :)

Hey wait...Sejic was a random deviantart member.

Vyer

Still can't quite believe I am in a world that now features Star Wars spinoffs or a Star Wars Cinematic Universe, if you will. I'm sure they won't all go well, but I'm excited nonetheless.

The comics have been a good start.

Bii

I've posted my haul pics of SDCC in the past and with each passing year, it gets smaller and smaller. I'm rather selective with what I buy now.

I had planned on going to Long Beach Comic Con next month but I think I'm going to skip it. There are way too many events happening in September that I think I need a little break from cons. I'm in the middle of redesigning my master bedroom and my son's room so I actually have some room to display the stuff I've bought. I have a ton of action figures sitting in their boxes unopened. :/

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Damn! Just read the 100-page story by Jamie Delano and David Lloyd that wraps up Volume 2 of Hellblazer. That was excellent.
Delano's Hellblazer is really, really good.

Man, did anyone else get that Golden Ticket feeling opening up their Sex Criminals issue and get that gloomy disappointment of no sketch variant?

Poor Charlie

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Finished Unknown Soldier.

Man, the twist and the ending. So damn good. Thank you for this.

Awesome! So glad you liked it!
And yeah, that ending is pretty nuts. So great.

Bring scuba gear to navigate the ocean of nerd sweat.

I'm not sure if people say this as a joke or actually mean it, but I hear it a lot and there wasn't one moment at either SDCC or Long Beach Comic Con where I thought it smelled of sweat or general lack of hygiene.

Bii

Man, did anyone else get that Golden Ticket feeling opening up their Sex Criminals issue and get that gloomy disappointment of no sketch variant?

Poor Charlie

Me. :(

I did buy the Bryan Lee O'Malley variant too. I showed it to my significant other and she scoffed at me and said "you would." That was cool.

Then you start thinking what if scenarios like schrodinger's cat where if I never opened the plastic wrap, it could have always been a sketch variant.

Maybe I should actually read this thing.

Zombine

Banned
I've posted my haul pics of SDCC in the past and with each passing year, it gets smaller and smaller. I'm rather selective with what I buy now.

I had planned on going to Long Beach Comic Con next month but I think I'm going to skip it. There are way too many events happening in September that I think I need a little break from cons. I'm in the middle of redesigning my master bedroom and my son's room so I actually have some room to display the stuff I've bought. I have a ton of action figures sitting in their boxes unopened. :/

This is my life as well :/

I just don't have the room and I plan on moving soon. I'm going to end up having a bigger "nerd room" so I'll be able to display more stuff. My Red She-hulk bishuojo is shoved in my closet.

Messi

Messi, why don't you like good things?

Also, how much does that Luis Royo Harley weigh? I'm curious because I'm probably going to get the Wonder Woman one that comes out next month.

5-6 pounds id say

hmmm sideshow says

Dimensional Weight
9 lbs*
Int'l Dim. Weight
12 lbs*

GAMEPROFF

Banned
OK, this Batman/Daredevil Crossover with Two-Face and Mr. Hyde is the first Marvel/DC Crossover that I would call a turd.

This Neural Processor Nonsense is bullshit.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I wish we made hardcover comics where I work. We sell a handful of them but I don't think any are made in house other than Bone and Maus.

Yousefb

What comic podcasts do you listen to? I'm trying to find a good one but so far the ones I've checked out are alright. There's very few episodes from them that I'm interested in.
- Nerdist Comic Book Club
- Comic Conspiracy
- Comic Geek Speak
- iFanboy

Top Bottom