• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rate the Xbox Tokyo Gamer Showcase

How do you rate the Xbox Showcase on September 26?

• A

Votes: 12 6.9%
  • B

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • C

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • D

Votes: 36 20.7%
  • E

Votes: 34 19.5%
  • F

Votes: 40 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Natsuko

Just here for the votes, haven't seen the show. What did I miss?

Looking Dont Look GIF by Nickelodeon

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
D+. The format of the show wasn't that great honestly, kind of difficult to tell which things were coming to GP with the way they did the GP graphic. Was "available with GP" supposed to reference the game they just showed or the game coming up? Also really not a lot of announcements in general for GP. Trials of Mana is just not something I'm getting excited about, but I'll try it. Guess I'll try All You Need is Help today. Could be alright.

Mostly just 3rd party stuff I knew about, or stuff that wasn't that great. Threads of Time is the standout new game announcement. Atelier looks pretty good. Still worth a watch, but underwhelming compared to some of their past shows.

Last edited:

yazenov

F for fail/flop

FF16 and FF7 remake ports do not exist for Xbox

Phil needs to ask Square Enix nicely for those. And by nicely I mean bend the knee.:p

gomen wtf GIF

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

FeralEcho

Theres critique and then there’s hyperbole.

As for how long you’ve been gaming, I’ve been in it since the early 80s, vividly remember the crash of the time, and certainly don’t see this “shambles“ you speak of today.

Practices that I don’t like? Sure. Console prices? I lived through the 90s and owned a 3DO. Cartridges were also $70+ a pop. I “get it”, while still not feeling like things are in shambles.
And that's your opinion,which is fine. I have a different one.You don't have to share it nor did I ask you to.

Reactions: Isa

NahaNago

For a tgs show I thought it was pretty good. Much better than what Sony brought. I'm slightly mixed on my rating of A for this since the only reason I did so was because I think I rated the Sony show a "B". I think this is honestly a rating of B and Sony is now a rating of C. I would have liked more new stuff. This felt more like an update.

Mayar

Very weak, and in fact all multiplatform or games that after a few years will finally come out on Xbox, I don’t quite understand why this presentation was needed, they could have just made a video on YouTube...

If all I had was an xbox, (I own ps5/xbx/switch/pc/quest/steam deck) I would be ok with this and rate it a solid "C" , but as a multi-device owner, its meh.

It's the "We're getting it too, only late" show.

Seriously. Mana, and Final Fantasy, where was this years ago? Obviously xbox doesn't have the crowd for that as it's the cod/fortnite/gamepass console. Shit I can't even say Halo/Gears/Forza anymore as it's not pumping them out and they aren't getting bought like they were, sad times.

Suikoden and DQ3 remake are the stars of the show here, but they are known and also coming everywhere else. I am getting them on the switch as that is where i tend to play grind heavy jrpgs or roguelikes if I can help it.

Roberts

D, I guess. I kept on zoning out while watching this. I'm glad these games find its way on xbox for the sake of diversity, but, holy shit, pretty much all of it is so not for me.

Last edited:
Voted C, same rating I gave the SoP. Wanted to give it a D+ so rounded up

Edit: After watching it again, I would've changed my rating to a C+/B-. I'd say I would probably play more than half of these titles if they were on GamePass for sure :)
Also, the Japanese host is cute, so extra points for that

Last edited:

FeralEcho

I know, fascinating. Apparently you learned something new today.
Nah, I just stated my opinion,you are the one pushing through with this senseless conversation all because you seemed to have a problem with my personal feelings about the industry lmao

Some self reflection would be terrific for you before you start being passive agressive with your posts.

Also tell me how much I owe you as I seem to be living rent free in your head today.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Nah, I just stated my opinion,you are the one pushing through with this senseless conversation all because you seemed to have a problem with my personal feelings about the industry lmao

Some self reflection would be terrific for you before you start being passive agressive with your posts.

Also tell me how much I owe you as I seem to be living rent free in your head today.
“Senseless conversation” while you continue to quote me! 🤣

I have nothing to reflect on. You gave your piece - I gave mine. We didn’t agree. You tell me it’s a message board. I concurred (even if you didn’t like the words used, that’s what happened). You then quote me with a snarky gif, then complain about passive aggression.

We should be done here, so what is left to discuss, ma’am/sir?

Last edited:

Elios83

It's weird that Tom Warren made such a blunder, usually he's accurate with his Microsoft coverage unlike other clowns like Corden and he stated there would be something worthy in this show. There clearly wasn't in terms of relevant announcements?

playbignbox

Xbox at TGS is always a C at best. I'd give this one a D because there was an expectation that they'd announce FF16 or another bigger game.

7 to 8 due to gp titles and showing actual good gameplay of titles coming out soon. Slitherhead/ Chrono Trigger inspired game and dragon quest 2hd looked great.

This actually looked better than state of play; and the worse part is the last sop before this recent one looked better.

The funniest part is Japanese developers giving actual reasons for why their games exist, slitherhead legend stating how the game’s mechanics forces the player to change strategy with his title.

just straight design philosophy that should be showcased in both msft main show and Sonys upcoming real showcase. More gameplay please.

Reave

It was another "Xbox tries to play catch-up in Japan" ass showcase from a company that wants us to believe being fashionably late to Final Fantasy is exciting.

Top Bottom