• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
What comic podcasts do you listen to? I'm trying to find a good one but so far the ones I've checked out are alright. There's very few episodes from them that I'm interested in.
- Nerdist Comic Book Club
- Comic Conspiracy
- Comic Geek Speak
- iFanboy

iFanboy
11 O'Clock Comics
Comixologists

What comic podcasts do you listen to? I'm trying to find a good one but so far the ones I've checked out are alright. There's very few episodes from them that I'm interested in.
- Nerdist Comic Book Club
- Comic Conspiracy
- Comic Geek Speak
- iFanboy
None. It's up to us.

Bii

IST 45% off Image and DC....yet i haven't purchased anything. I'm waiting on a few Image books to hit OHC territory.

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on that Green Lantern Vol 2 Omnibus by Geoff Johns. I've been reading it in trades and I'm at the point that I can pick up the omnibus instead of picking up each trade individually.

Batman & Robin (Tomasi) #1 - #8: This was good. I really liked the art and the Bruce/Damian relationship.
Damian killing Morgan was a bit of a shock for me.

Unknown Soldier #15 - #25: What a great series. The last two traders were definitely stronger than the first half and provide a strong resolution. The art was amazing throughout and there are some standout issues.
The Kalashnikov one, especially. And that foreshadowing of that ending! Kind of reminds me of that opening sequence of Lord of War.

That issue is one I see myself re-reading a lot. Why isn't this available in an Omnibus...

And then in Dysart's last words, he mentions the great support of Karen Berger. Why she isn't running one of the large publishers, I really don't understand.

Messi

Batman & Robin (Tomasi) #1 - #8: This was good. I really liked the art and the Bruce/Damian relationship.
Damian killing Morgan was a bit of a shock for me.

Unknown Soldier #15 - #25: What a great series. The last two traders were definitely stronger than the first half and provide a strong resolution. The art was amazing throughout and there are some standout issues.
The Kalashnikov one, especially. And that foreshadowing of that ending! Kind of reminds me of that opening sequence of Lord of War.

That issue is one I see myself re-reading a lot. Why isn't this available in an Omnibus...

And then in Dysert's last words, he mentions the great support of Karen Berger. Why she isn't running one of the large publishers, I really don't understand.

Yeah, you should keep reading Batman and Robin. It just gets better and better.

And then in Dysart's last words, he mentions the great support of Karen Berger. Why she isn't running one of the large publishers, I really don't understand.

really good series. didn't shy away from controversy either.

also it got me informed on joseph kony and his use of child soldiers well before that badly handled viral campaign.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Annihilator HC this week!

Ms. Marvel OHC this week!

:DDDD

Didn't realize Annihilator HC was coming out this Tuesday too! This is gonna be the best order ever.

So awesome that more people here have read this now. I'm really glad you enjoyed it! Such a fantastic series.

Because that series was as underappreciated as Dysart was.

Why do I have the feeling he's written something for Valiant...

Yeah, you should keep reading Batman and Robin. It just gets better and better.

I am aware of the general history of Damian/Bruce in Morrison's run. And that I am reading the New 52 series. But how do these two tie together? Morrison was Pre-52 correct?
Has Damian already died and come back?

really good series. didn't shy away from controversy either.

also it got me informed on joseph kony and his use of child soldiers well before that badly handled viral campaign.

I mean, I knew that things were bad in general, but not the extent of the atrocities. My uncle has been living in Uganda since the mid to late 80s. He's mentioned that things were bad and there were many times he almost left, but he never mentioned any details (I guess he thought I was too young).

Messi

visual representation of how it goes when comicgaf decides to do a podcast for the 5th time.

VhkGkrj.gif

The elation at the first idea/announcement then finally pushing off actually doing it in favour of just posting on gaf. The cycle is complete for another 6 months.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Well today I finished the stories of Danny Ketch and Johnny Blaze as the Ghost Riders. I really enjoyed the Aaron run!

I'm just now starting the 2014 series of Ghost Rider featuring Robbie Reyes. I'm curious as to how folks felt about this series. I like the look of the car so far.

Zombine

Banned
visual representation of how it goes when comicgaf decides to do a podcast for the 5th time.

VhkGkrj.gif

The elation at the first idea/announcement then finally pushing off actually doing it in favour of just posting on gaf. The cycle is complete for another 6 months.

I've moved on to doing some stuff with local TV crew. I'd rather do a show than a podcast.

VhkGkrj.gif

Podcast cycle

Well today I finished the stories of Danny Ketch and Johnny Blaze as the Ghost Riders. I really enjoyed the Aaron run!

I'm just now starting the 2014 series of Ghost Rider featuring Robbie Reyes. I'm curious as to how folks felt about this series. I like the look of the car so far.

Aaron's Ghost Rider was a blast.

I haven't read All-New Ghost Riders, but the vibe I've gotten from others is fantastic art, meh-to-bad writing.

Yeah, for real. He really deserves something big. I'd at least like to see him doing some more creator-owned stuff.

He's got one Image series he did a few years ago, which I'm trying to see how I can get my hands on. Dude should totally do a new one. He isn't doing anything else right now other than Imperium, maybe Harbinger whenever that starts up again.

Why do I have the feeling he's written something for Valiant...

...you got me. He's done a good bit for them.

Enjoy it while it lasts. After Gotham Central there's 52 and then a question trade and that's about it

Yeah, I knew she was another victim of the Nu52.

Vibranium

Banned
Republic Commando better be on that list of alleged "3 good Star Wars games".

Way ahead of its time and an awesome squad to chill with.

Zombine

Banned
Battlefront 1
Battlefront 2
KOTOR 1
KOTOR 2
Episode 1 Racing
Dark Forces
Phantom Menace
Lego Star Wars 1-A Billion
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight 2
Rogue Squadron
Rogue Squadron 2
Tie Fighter
Force Unleashed 1

Masters of Kasai was novel...

I probably even forgot some.

Zombine

Banned
The lego games are very boring if they are anything like the marvel and dc ones.

They're good for kids.

Long story short, 3 good games is total horse crap. Episode 1-3 are not terrible films and Clone Wars/Rebels is quality TV.

The weakest of the prequels is episode 2.

Zombine

Banned
#1 reason I'm hyped for Halo 5 is Tim Longo directing it. It's the Republic Commando spiritual successor we never got.

It honestly is. You can even see it in the gameplay. What I loved about Republic Commando was how they managed to make jobbers like the droids into these menacing forces to be reckoned with. Super Battle Droids were awesome in that game, as were the Genosians.

I can name 5 good games, easily. :/

Yeah there's atleast 10 great ones and maybe 20 good ones total.

Every year they age just a little bit more and are bumped out though. I don't know if Dark Forces 2 still holds up will for new players but I think the level & puzzle design are fantastic still. Will always hold a place in my heart for MSN gaming zone, custom maps and modding.

It honestly is. You can even see it in the gameplay. What I loved about Republic Commando was how they managed to make jobbers like the droids into these menacing forces to be reckoned with. Super Battle Droids were awesome in that game, as were the Genosians.

Definitely true. Some of those firefights were intense, especially against those fuckers with the super beam weapon thing.

Top Bottom