• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

AsfaeksBR

Okay, just read the first 3 issues of Old Man Logan from Millar. It's weird, it's crazy, it's good!

How's the new run from Bendis compared to it? Same story told differently, or new plot?

Messi

rWMowNq.gif

At 3:30am that just made me laugh out loud in bed. Bravo.

Owzers

I'm watching an iffy zombie movie on Netflix called "Plague" there's been a few well done moments but it's a lot of scenes where people are doing boring stuff.

Kinda like the walking dead comic.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I wish Marvel would have given the Ultraverse it's own domain and tie-in for SW. That would have been really cool for me and the 10 other people who remember Ultraverse.

Eightball/Like A Velvet Glove Cast In Iron #1 - I have no idea what's going on...

I shall set it aside and try again when I am a little more awake.

dammit I keep forgetting to say happy birthday Ed

Happy birthday!
Thank you! :D
How many good ones are there?
Idk but I intend to find out!
What comic podcasts do you listen to? I'm trying to find a good one but so far the ones I've checked out are alright. There's very few episodes from them that I'm interested in.
- Nerdist Comic Book Club
- Comic Conspiracy
- Comic Geek Speak
- iFanboy
Sktchd podcast is my fave.

Messi

Can I just say that regardless of how I feel about the story in Wicked and the Divine Jamie McKelvie's art is amazing every month. It's very clean and stylish.

Idk but I intend to find out!

There was a fetish artist from a ways back named Michael Manning. He had this really cool art style with a strict black / white color palette. No gray-scale. He put out a number of graphic novels, my favorite of which was called Tranceptor. There were two books, and the story was never finished as far as I know, but I really liked it.

Can I just say that regardless of how I feel about the story in Wicked and the Divine Jamie McKelvie's art is amazing every month. It's very clean and stylish.

Read Phonogram. You can get dat hot Jamie McKelvie art and you don't have to see
ALL OF YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS SYSTEMATICALLY KILLED OFF AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Okay, just read the first 3 issues of Old Man Logan from Millar. It's weird, it's crazy, it's good!

How's the new run from Bendis compared to it? Same story told differently, or new plot?

If you're referring to the Secret Wars book (which you have to be), it's essentially a direct sequel, but the twist is that it happens on Battleworld. Battleworld is a patchwork planet created by Doom using various pieces that are isolated alternate universes. Old Man Logan's universe (referred to as the Badlands, I think) is one of these. Basically, Logan ends up picking up a trail starting in his part of Battleworld, and then shenanigans happen that take him to other places in Battleworld.

It's decent. The art's good, but there's a lot of talking, and the thing that made Old Man Logan a cool story (it's unique world) is removed from it fairly early on. Also, there's a lot of talking and not as much action. It's solid, though. I'd pick it up if you're interested, and it's early yet so there isn't much to catch up on.

So you're saying that if
I want to see all the characters I hate get killed off, I have to stick with it and read all the way to the end
?

:(

But think of how satisfying it'll be when it finally happens. :D

Damn I didn't know Messi wasn't up to date. Didn't know that's what he was talking about earlier today. I will be careful with spoolees

Vibranium

Banned
I'm watching an iffy zombie movie on Netflix called "Plague" there's been a few well done moments but it's a lot of scenes where people are doing boring stuff.

Seems to me Robert Kirkman isn't for you, because there's a lot of that. I love talking and slice of life stuff, even during boring moments.

#1 reason I'm hyped for Halo 5 is Tim Longo directing it. It's the Republic Commando spiritual successor we never got.

Woah, I didn't know that. If Halo 5 comes to PC (hopefully Steam too) I'll be playing it. I love tactical squad action, it's a shame Brothers in Arms gets overlooked by Gearbox in favour of endless Borderlands games.

Lol I missed this post the first time.

Evidently you haven't seen the show. It takes the 2 chapter lulls and turns them into full seasons.

Tizoc

So for those that read Kaijumax # 5
OK wtf was up with that psychiatrist chick? She just up and dismisses Electrogger's story as BS? That's plain ridiculous.
Seriously I can see Electrogger working with the mechs to get rid of Zonn, wonder when the prison riot's gonna happen.
Poor Woofey though @_@

This amazing, what anime is this?

I've posted my haul pics of SDCC in the past and with each passing year, it gets smaller and smaller. I'm rather selective with what I buy now.

I had planned on going to Long Beach Comic Con next month but I think I'm going to skip it. There are way too many events happening in September that I think I need a little break from cons. I'm in the middle of redesigning my master bedroom and my son's room so I actually have some room to display the stuff I've bought. I have a ton of action figures sitting in their boxes unopened. :/

nooooo, but i understand why. maybe wondercon!

Top Bottom