• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

And my Comic of the Week Award goes to Justice League Gods: and Monsters. The stories they're telling with that world are fascinating and I love it. Plus, for a weekly book it's super meaty. It's thick.

Also, all of my Secret Wars books (Secret Wars, Attilan Rising, A-Force, Planet Hulk). A-Force wins out as my favorite of those.

Constantine Hellblazer and Red Hood and Arsenal...I dunno. CH is a solid book with great art, but something is missing. It feels...empty. The mystery doesn't feel compelling, and the current character arc John is going through isn't interesting either. Neither are these other side characters (John's best friends from back in the day). It feels boring, but I'm compelled to read it because in my mind it should be interesting and compelling. But it isn't.

RHaA, again, unsure. It's a fun hijinks book for sure, but it bothers me that it was done with these characters.

Holy crap Transmetropolitan. I'm only 2 issues in but this book is a trip and a half.

Sweet thanks!
Just keep in mind that Siege is a bit slow. It's essentially all talking, but they're building to something and it's pretty intense and full of tension because of the setting. Very well done. Next book should have some serious action in it.

Attilan Rising is a good pace. A lot of tension, too.

Its still playable today? I am thinking about buying it for my SNES for a longer time now.
I don't think so. It's fairly shallow, and also difficult in a not-entirely-fair way.

The two main comic book games on the SNES that really hold up are Konami's The Adventures of Batman & Robin and Capcom's X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse. Just as cool now as they were at the time.

Side note: The Genesis version of The Adventures of Batman & Robin is a completely different game, and not a good one in my opinion. Not a good Batman game and not a good game in general.

PsychBat!

Banned
Its still playable today? I am thinking about buying it for my SNES for a longer time now.

Hard to say. Maximum Carnage has great music but has frustrating beat em up gameplay. Enemies come at you and sometimes overwhelm you so you better be able to dodge well or else you'll have a bad time. Thugs and gangsters have no defining movement pattern so they'll move around you at random that it just makes you want to throw your controller at the wall and give up only for you to try again hours later. But it has this comic book tone and atmosphere that it just makes you feel like Spider-Man. You'll wanna keep going until you get to choose Venom, and he kicks ass! He's slow and heavy but packs a bigger punch than Spidey.

I think the best thing about the levels of Maximum Carnage is that they're not long. And there are no cheap deaths.

I can't say the same about Separation Anxiety, that game sucks.

Squire

Banned
Haopy bekated birthday to Ed! I hope it was good.

That first arc of Justice League Dark is fantastic. Deadman is hilarious. I could read a book that's just him and June having misadventures. I wish Milligan stayed on this longer. Is it worth continuing with? Hard to believe in Lemire when he's in interviews kinda hinting he shit the bed.

Zombine

Banned

Brawlers are that one genre that has hardly changed since its inception. It's still playable, and it's still hard as shit. Lol

When I was growing up I was a Sega kid. Blast processing was far superior to whatever nintendont was doing.
lol

Tizoc

tumblr_m2voqqXcVy1qcoodzo1_500.jpg

All-Star Supes is due for a re-read IMO.

Splatt

I'm rereading 52 Weeks for, like, the 52rd time.

It's still as awesome as the first time I read it. Probably my favorite cape comic from DC.

Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka and Mark Waid. What a collection of superstar writers.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I cant believe that all this Maximum Carnage talk has brought me to finally buy the book :D You guys are awful! :D

Looking forward to read it... It has my favorite Captain America moment ever.

Beside that, I think I will really buy the game, too. Looks pretty good and beside that I am a looser in brawlers, I really want to play it now.

Tizoc

I cant believe that all this Maximum Carnage talk has brought me to finally buy the book :D You guys are awful! :D

Beside that, I think I will really buy the game, too. Looks pretty good and beside that I am a looser in brawlers, I really want to play it now.

I want to state for the record that I had nothing to do with this.

Zombine

Banned

I'm not a fan of the book, but I do love that game. Doppelgänger is cheap as hell though.

So for those that read Kaijumax # 5
OK wtf was up with that psychiatrist chick? She just up and dismisses Electrogger's story as BS? That's plain ridiculous.
Seriously I can see Electrogger working with the mechs to get rid of Zonn, wonder when the prison riot's gonna happen.
Poor Woofey though @_@
But
Whoofy got exactly what he wanted, though. Also, therapist chick is protecting her prison daddy Zonn, watch that romance blow up in her face real quick.

Owzers

Ben Carson is creepy and he's right below Trump in the polls. Accusations that a flat tax would lower taxes on the rich and raise them on the poor? " I want everything to be fair", not picking winners and losers.

Tizoc

But
Whoofy got exactly what he wanted, though. Also, therapist chick is protecting her prison daddy Zonn, watch that romance blow up in her face real quick.

It's looking like Whoofy regrets it though, but let's see where it goes from here
I really look forward to it blowing up in her face just like Ape Whale did :p
Yes I know it's too soon but it's the closest idiom/whatever I could think up for this book :V

For future reference, if you don't shower before sleeping, you should use some sort of pajamas. Old sweat mixes with the bedsheets and stains them over time. Easier to clean on clothes, which are washed far more often.

If you do shower before sleeping, go right ahead. Then cover yourself with a blankie, because for some reason you can't sleep if you don't have one.

Messi

For future reference, if you don't shower before sleeping, you should use some sort of pajamas. Old sweat mixes with the bedsheets and stains them over time. Easier to clean on clothes, which are washed far more often.

If you do shower before sleeping, go right ahead. Then cover yourself with a blankie, because for some reason you can't sleep if you don't have one.

Huh. The more you know. I didn't expect this from comicgaf.

Zombine

Banned
Huh. The more you know. I didn't expect this from comicgaf.

He bakes bread while listening to remixes of Ellie Goulding songs thinking critically about superheroes. I would be upset if he didn't know this. That's why Corlioanus is da goat.

Honestly, it's common sense. Most of GAF based on the OT has none and they're dirty little hampsters.

Change your sheets, take showers, brush your teeth, trim your nails, eat a balanced diet.

Messi

He bakes bread while listening to remixes of Ellie Goulding songs thinking critically about superheroes. I would be upset if he didn't know this. That's why Corlioanus is da goat.

Honestly, it's common sense. Most of GAF based on the OT has none and they're dirty little hampsters.

Change your sheets, take showers, brush your teeth, trim your nails, eat a balanced diet.

Oh look at me I am Zombeen and I know all the facts.

Owzers

Lol I missed this post the first time.

Evidently you haven't seen the show. It takes the 2 chapter lulls and turns them into full seasons.

Fear the walking dead premieres the same day as summer slam, next Sunday. Can't have enough walking dead shows! I did enjoy this previous season but the series has a long way to go before I consider it good instead of watchable.

Fear the walking dead premieres the same day as summer slam, next Sunday. Can't have enough walking dead shows! I did enjoy this previous season but the series has a long way to go before I consider it good instead of watchable.

I saw an advert on a website the other day of a guy running scared in a super exaggerated fashion, which immediately looked like parody to me. I thought it was an advert for Mountain Dew or something.

Turned out to be Fear the Walking Dead.

lol

Owzers

I saw an advert on a website the other day of a guy running scared in a super exaggerated fashion, which immediately looked like parody to me. I thought it was an advert for Mountain Dew or something.

Turned out to be Fear the Walking Dead.

lol

Yeah...that ad bothers me and reminds me of that one shocked face gif that's posted on gaf all the time. Still excited!

They have a Daredevil one too, I want it @_@
Which artist? I bet that's a really cool book no matter who though cause Daredevil rocks.
I'm more interested in your dainty hand and that well maintained nail.
My hand is there for size comparison. But I do have very nice hands and fingers.
So jealous! That's awesome.

Right? I've never really looked at them too seriously but it's rad. Gonna have to look over it more but it's so big it's hard to really flip through. Almost Doom Patrol Omnibus levels of awkward.

Also got some funny money yesterday so I'm probably gonna head to the shop today to buy something. Dunno if it'll be American comics though.

And loosely comics, but I ordered a cool Guilty Gear print yesterday :O

Earth 2 #1 - #6: This was pretty good fun, but I usually enjoy origin stories. Also glad I read Starman before this, so I have at least a passing acquaintance with the characters.

Also, the cover for the trade is rather deceptive considering WW, Batman and Superman all die withing the first few pages.

Demon Knights #0 - #12: Am loving this, right up my alley. And the Doctor Who writer can't resist a "it's bigger on the inside" joke.

Battlefront 1
Battlefront 2
KOTOR 1
KOTOR 2
Episode 1 Racing
Dark Forces
Phantom Menace
Lego Star Wars 1-A Billion
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight 2
Rogue Squadron
Rogue Squadron 2
Tie Fighter
Force Unleashed 1

Masters of Kasai was novel...

I probably even forgot some.

Missing Empire at War and Star Wars Arcade.

Skip SummerSlam and watch NXT Takeover: Brooklyn instead.

Messi

I've decided that it's time to stop putting off the good comics in hopes that a good day to read them will come. I thought it would happen on holidays but that time never came. I read all the bad books first and then I never feel like reading the good stuff. Things like Saga, Harley, Starfire, Deadly Class, Rat Queens so on. I am months behind on all these books.

Bii

I've decided that it's time to stop putting off the good comics in hopes that a good day to read them will come. I thought it would happen on holidays but that time never came. I read all the bad books first and then I never feel like reading the good stuff. Things like Saga, Harley, Starfire, Deadly Class, Rat Queens so on. I am months behind on all these books.

YOU CAN DO IT BRIAN!

I've trained myself rather well when it comes to floppies. I start two piles (read/unread) on my short boxes and it starts piling up fast. So I need to read them before the pile slides over and/or bag, board and box them up.

Trades, on the other hand... :X

There are too many good comics/books/games to waste time over mediocre or bad ones. Ignore the sunk cost and drop them. There are so many series and games that I've never completed.

Top Bottom