• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Messi

I've been reading Nocenti Typhoid Mary. It's really not that bad if I am honest. I want to know where it all went wrong.

Those Samnee sketches are awesome.

Super Star Wars is fun as well.

Oh damn, you're right. All three were so good, but some of the most difficult and ruthless games I've ever played.

I'd definitely buy a re-release but the rights are probably coated in red tape. Get on it, Disney!

I've decided that it's time to stop putting off the good comics in hopes that a good day to read them will come. I thought it would happen on holidays but that time never came. I read all the bad books first and then I never feel like reading the good stuff. Things like Saga, Harley, Starfire, Deadly Class, Rat Queens so on. I am months behind on all these books.

I agree with whatsinaname. I'd be far more concerned with wasting time on bad series than money buying them, personally.

this is fleekin' ridiculous. Am i dong that right? It doesn't seem like i'm doing that right.

*plays more hearthstone*

I hate that a CCG of all things has regional servers. The GAF EU tournament was some of the best fun I've had playing or watching the game.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'm up to issue 4 on All-New Ghost Rider and I'm really liking it! Eli seems like a completely different type of creature than the previous Spirits.
He claims to be a human spirit of a murdered person. I can't imagine that's the truth.

There's some silly stuff, like the pills that
force a Mr. Hyde-style transformation
, but comics, eh? I love the art. The people look a bit too animé-inspired for my tastes, but the kinetic energy and the Hell Charger look boss.

After reading SO MUCH Blaze and Ketch lately, I find Robbie is a refreshing change. He's so innocent and good hearted. The scene
where Eli is trying to convince Robbie to accept him into his life
was really neat and tense.

Zombine

Banned
Old comicgaf is being replaced bro. Join me and Zombeen in sunny retirement.

635716547654834771-48437499_the-shawshank-redemtion-o.gif

Zombine

Banned
this is fleekin' ridiculous. Am i dong that right? It doesn't seem like i'm doing that right.

*plays more hearthstone*

Lol no.

"Brah, look at these new kicks. They match my new T and my fitted."

"Damn bro you on fleek today."

Technically the pics wouldn't be on fleek until they're framed and on a wall.

Messi

Oh damn, you're right. All three were so good, but some of the most difficult and ruthless games I've ever played.

I'd definitely buy a re-release but the rights are probably coated in red tape. Get on it, Disney!

I agree with whatsinaname. I'd be far more concerned with wasting time on bad series than money buying them, personally.

I am wasting time and money lol

Zombine

Banned
That's like something Russell Westbrook would say, right? He is fleek no?

You can't be fleek, only on it. Fleek is a physical present state of looking "on point." His shot could be fleek, his outfit can be fleek, but he as a person isn't fleek.

I'm beginning to think that some of ya'll who don't know what fleek is are bourgeois as hell.

I have a baby cousin in high school who tells me all of these things.

My updated New 52 list. Still to read/waiting for books - Justice League Dark, Green Arrow, Grayson

Very Good
-------
Wonder Woman

Good
------
Animal Man (less Rotworld)
Gotham Academy
Demon Knights
Batman & Robin

OK - will continue reading
------
Batman
Harley Quinn
Earth 2
Batgirl

Close to dropping
-------
Action Comics

Dropped
-------
Flash
Superman
Justice Leage 3000

Messi

You can't be fleek, only on it. Fleek is a physical present state of looking "on point." His shot could be fleek, his outfit can be fleek, but he as a person isn't fleek.

I'm beginning to think that some of ya'll who don't know what fleek is are bourgeois as hell.

I have a baby cousin in high school who tells me all of these things.

Is this fleek?

Please keep your prole slang out of ComicsGaf. We have standards here.

Lists on Sunday:

Marvel:
The Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #4
Captain Britain & The Mighty Defenders #2
Loki: Agent of Asgard #17
Secret Wars: Secret Love One-Shot
Weirdworld #3

DC:
Harley Quinn & Power Girl #3
Justice League #43
Secret Six #5

Others:
Archie #2
Doctor Who: Four Doctors #2
Rat Queens #11
Transformers: Windblade #6
Wolf #2

Sweet jesus. What a week, though. Rat Queens, Archie, two Ewing books and Wolf. Noice.

Owzers

Tebow is going to play (preseason) football today. This is so great. Tebow should go to the WWE after this and thank god after every victory. Lesnar/Tebow, can't wait.

Messi

List of Champions! 

Black Canary #3
Harley Quinn Pee Gee #3
Martian Manhunter #3
Robin Son of Batman #3 
Secret Six #5
Rat Queens #11
1872 #2
Ultron vs Marvel Zombies #3
Renew your vows #4
Captain Britain #2
Guardians of Knowhere #3
Guardians Team-Up #10
House of M #1
Howard the Human #1
Inferno #4
Loki Agent of Asgard #17
Runaways #3
Secret Wars journal #4
Secret Wars Secret love #1
Silk (not evil) #6
Spider-verse #4
Wierdworld #3
Archie 2 

TP:
Squirrel Girl Vol 1 
Ms Marvel Vol 1 Hardcover 
Empowered Vol 9
Hellboy and the BRPD

Black Canary
Harley Quinn and Power Girl
Justice League
Silk
Squirrel Girl Volume 1

Maybe:
Howard the Human
Superman Volume 6 Hardcover (might just wait for TPB)

Forgot Secret Love, I'll get that too

Messi

I read Wicked and the divine #9. I don't know if I love or hate this book. But it is interesting to me. I only like one character and I had to be careful not to let my eyes roll into the back of my head several times this issue. I am curious to see what the big thing is in #11. If it's what I think it is then I'm likely done with the book.

Bii

I read Wicked and the divine #9. I don't know if I love or hate this book. But it is interesting to me. I only like one character and I had to be careful not to let my eyes roll into the back of my head several times this issue. I am curious to see what the big thing is in #11. If it's what I think it is then I'm likely done with the book.

It is.

You hate it. Everyone does, even if they don't admit it.

Messi

They are making a tv show out if this right? They need to cast these two.

tumblr_mpcaoxFOQG1rzdeypo3_250.gif

You know who they would play if you have read it :)

I am convinced Felix was used as inspiration for that character. He is identical.

Bii

http://38.media.tumblr.com/87624d7bcd0316cc13aa56bc7e5c577a/tumblr_inline_mrmf0u9vgP1qz4rgp.gi

Great.

God what a total disappointment.

It's okay. I kept buying it month-to-month but there's always a little something that keeps me coming back for more. Bought the most recent issue (#13) because of Tula Lotay's art. Will probably pick up #16 (or whatever issue releases in November) for Leila del Luca's art as well.

Messi

It's okay. I kept buying it month-to-month but there's always a little something that keeps me coming back for more. Bought the most recent issue (#13) because of Tula Lotay's art. Will probably pick up #16 (or whatever issue releases in November) for Leila del Luca's art as well.

Holy shit. I didn't know this. Definitely getting this issue. I love her.

If you like smart ass characters and good dialogue check out Marvel Zombies. Elsa Bloodstone pretty hilarious
You're selling me
Haopy bekated birthday to Ed! I hope it was good.

That first arc of Justice League Dark is fantastic. Deadman is hilarious. I could read a book that's just him and June having misadventures. I wish Milligan stayed on this longer. Is it worth continuing with? Hard to believe in Lemire when he's in interviews kinda hinting he shit the bed.
Yup. The next two arcs (which deal with the Books of Magic) are fantastic. After that, though....eeeeeeeeh
Godlike - will continue worshipping
------
Earth 2
I support it

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yo Zombine, just ordered Tank Girl Volume 1! I'll probably read the whole TPB the day it gets here (Tuesday). Will definitely let you know what I think.

Fleek list:

Archie 2
Dr. Fate 3
Martian Manhunter 3
Robin Son of Batman 3
1872 2
Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows 4
Captain Britain and the Mighty Defenders 2
Guardians of Knowhere 3
House of M 1
Loki Agent of Asgard 17
Runaways 3
Secret Wars Journal 4
Secret Wars: Secret Love 1
Spider-Verse 4
Weirdworld 3

15 Books! Fleek, what a week

Messi

Looooooved this month's A Force. Great stuff, great art. Loved the
Gamora Thor
and loved the little moment of the new girl
playing with medusas hair and then she gives her a lock of it.
. I loved the page where
nico is stopped by her friend and she comforts her.

Lots of love. So happy She Hulk is the leader. It would be so easy to have it be Carol. Very happy they went with Jen instead.

Looooooved this month's A Force. Great stuff, great art. Loved the
Gamora Thor
and loved the little moment of the new girl
playing with medusas hair and then she gives her a lock of it.
. I loved the page where
nico is stopped by her friend and she comforts her.

This book is so, so great. I can't wait to see where it's headed post-SW, but it's entertaining as hell right now.

Because the Dazzler and Nico redesigns both look like shit.

-_-

She-Hulk is still leading the team,
Singularity
will still be there, G. Willow Wilson is going to be writing it...that's enough for me. Couldn't care less about Dazzler and Nico's (admittedly bad) designs, but hey it's your comic dollars.

Top Bottom