• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Zombine

Banned
Saga #29: oh for fuck sake. This book.

I typically agree with almost all of your opinions on books, but not a single one of those beats land with me. I like reading it, but I don't think it's that good at all. I feel like Roddy Piper in They Live, and I put those sunglasses on and I see what the book really is. It's really nonsensical. I read it to see what dumb shit he can come up with next. I want him to end this so he can move on to something else.

Messi

I typically agree with almost all of your opinions on books, but not a single one of those beats land with me. I like reading it, but I don't think it's that good at all. I feel like Roddy Piper in They Live, and I put those sunglasses on and I see what the book really is. It's really nonsensical.

Eh. I am completely invested at this stage. I love nearly everyone of the characters and hate the ones I'm supposed to hate. Although it's increasingly shades of grey.

Didn't he joke recently about doing something special for #50. You gonna be waiting a while for saga to end

Owzers

I'm kinda mad at comics-gaf for not doing more to keep me from watching all of Humans. The season finale was tonight, just an awful series.

Hey Zombeen, have you ever read Sankarea? It's a manga where the main waifu is a zombie girl.

sankarea_rea___wallpaper_by_fumay-d57u8af.png

Zombine

Banned
I'm kinda mad at comics-gaf for not doing more to keep me from watching all of Humans.

I'm kinda mad at sillymonkey321 for wanting to stop watching all of Humans when Gemma Chan is on the show.

Hey Zombeen, have you ever read Sankarea? It's a manga where the main waifu is a zombie girl.

I like zombies not little girls.

Edit: just looked this up: Nope.gif

Wiki-background

This show is like 60% good, 40% anime. The book is a little better.

This is pretty decent though:

latest

Owzers

I'm trying to think of three shows i legit like now and don't just watch...

hmmmmmm.

hmmmmmmmm. Hmmmmm. I remember liking shows.

I think i type hmm more than i say it. It's a fun word to type, deep thoughts go on during the typing.

Zombine

Banned
:(

You know I have an anthology book of Zombie romance stories? I've never read it, but I figured it's worth owning. It's called Hungry for Your Love.

Lol I might check that out. I'm going to read reviews first.

But yeah, those sorts of anime don't appeal to me at all. I looked it up and it's just kinda creepy to me. Not only does she look super young but she's dead.

But yeah, those sorts of anime don't appeal to me at all. I looked it up and it's just kinda creepy to me. Not only does she look super young but she's dead.

Yeah, but the main character in the series is a guy who's obsessed with zombies and fantasized about having a zombie girlfriend. I thought that would be in your wheelhouse.

:D

Zombine

Banned
Yeah, but the main character in the series is a guy who's obsessed with zombies and fantasized about having a zombie girlfriend. I thought that would be in your wheelhouse.

:D

It all sounds great to me! Love the premise! But...she is not what I look for in an undead lady.

Messi

I have questions about the end of Saga #30 but I think they will be answered in #31. But I'll ask anyway.
Was that a time skip in the final page where Hazel is in Kindergarten? She seems older. Who put her in kindergarten? Last week see of Hazel she is getting kidnapped.

I have questions about the end of Saga #30 but I think they will be answered in #31. But I'll ask anyway.
Was that a time skip in the final page where Hazel is in Kindergarten? She seems older. Who put her in kindergarten? Last week see of Hazel she is getting kidnapped.

No idea who put her in kindergarten - I'm thinking she was sold to the horn-head government since that's what all the other kids are. But yeah it was another time skip. She definitely looks older.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just watched Trump on Meet the Press.
Chuck Todd is THE MAN. And Trump is Trump.
I will say this: ...I actually don't think I'd be mad at all if Trump were elected president.

Y'mean that desk jerb where you spent days and days reading comix, trashtalking on skype and wondering if your boss would ever show up again?

Well, I didn't read any comics at all at that job. And I basically read zero comics even at home while I was working at that job.
Besides that, that's all true though. Haha. And point taken. :p
With that said, still yes. Absolutely.

Messi

No idea who put her in kindergarten - I'm thinking she was sold to the horn-head government since that's what all the other kids are. But yeah it was another time skip. She definitely looks older.

Now that I think about it. It did seem like a prison.

I didn't notice the kids all have horns. That makes sense.

That is distressing

Owzers

Let's not talk about Trump for president. Please.

we aren't talking about him for president anymore, we are talking about him as president.

Trump 2016. He already won. Kinda like the Rockets have it this year, did you see Harden's shoe contract? It's like a championship. Two pairs, back to back.

Yousefb

As always ComicGAF, thanks for the suggestions.

- Marvel Zombies - Just a really fun book! The hype around Elsa Bloodstone is real, such a great character. I love her snarky attitude, plus the flashbacks with her father are well done. I hear her voice as Bayonetta in my head lol

- Inhumans Attilan Rising - read up to the 2nd issue and so far I'm really digging it. I was expecting an Inhuman domain but we get instead is better. I love that it is a rebellion story set in Battleword that deals with Doom's regime. I'm curious to see what the deal is with vocal Black Bolt. Also yay for 1602 Daredevil.

- Siege - so far this one is my least favorite. I mean I like what they're setting up with it and I'm in for the upcoming threat and all. But so far its just a lot of talking.

I just kinda realized that I've read 18 trades in total for Hellboy/BPRD since the end of June or whenever I started. I'm still not caught up on either.

Owzers

I read the first 5 or so issues of Hellboy Library vol 1....awhile ago. That's not quite 18 volumes but i'd say it's close.

Tizoc

Zombine, have you read Apocalypse no Toride? It has zombies, hardly any little girls instead it has awesome bromance.

Let's not talk about Trump for president. Please.

If I could, I'd vote for Obama mainly because of his meme status.
No offense.

Read Black Widow's 1999 miniseries. Hoping the sequel series is better. It felt like an extremely condensed spy film and not a good one. Also the art was not to my tastes with some unnecessary titillation.

Tizoc

Read Black Widow's 1999 miniseries. Hoping the sequel series is better. It felt like an extremely condensed spy film and not a good one. Also the art was not to my tastes with some unnecessary titillation.

Read the 2 Greg Rucka Black Widow mini series published during the early 2000s, should be better, although I've yet to read them myself ^^;
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785158278/?tag=neogaf0e-20
This SHOULD have both minis in 1 book

Bonus, Rucka's Elektra!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/078516393X/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Have you read Marjorie Liu's Black Widow? The trade is called "The Name of the Rose" and it's 5 issues long.

Read the 2 Greg Rucka Black Widow mini series published during the early 2000s, should be better, although I've yet to read them myself ^^;
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785158278/?tag=neogaf0e-20
This SHOULD have both minis in 1 book
That's how I read it, borrowed the book from my SO. Reading the sequel next and hoping Rucka lives up to the hype.
Have you read Marjorie Liu's Black Widow? The trade is called "The Name of the Rose" and it's 5 issues long.
No. Also borrowed that.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Is there a collection of the original Turtles Run avaiable?
I am watching this How the Turtles conquered the world documentary and it looks like something I would enjoy.

Top Bottom