• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

People sell codes from their physical issues. I believe zombert buys the off a friend. I'm sure there are some on eBay.

Some people frown on it.

Wait. You get codes from physical issues for digital copies? Or am I misunderstanding? Is that just a Marvel thing or does DC do that? #comicsnoob

Real talk. Rat Queens might be edging its way up to being my favorite Image book

Look I love Rat Queens. But Deadly Class is better. It's so damn good and it consistently hits it's schedule. Artist changes and delays have severely damaged Rat Queens.

That said when Rat Queens ships it's up there with the best if them. I wish Sejic could have stayed on. It was perfect for me :(

I am, but I'll give you my revised shit talking once I've read it.
All respectable. I have no counters

Wait. You get codes from physical issues for digital copies? Or am I misunderstanding? Is that just a Marvel thing or does DC do that? #comicsnoob

Marvel's issues that cost $3.99 or more usually come with digital codes. Their hardcovers come with them pretty often now too.

One can be nasty and still be likable.These characters are just boring.

I got nine issues in and never stopped feeling this way

BUvv96y.gif

Marcus wants to kill Ronald Reagan. Come ooooon

Messi

Let's say Capullo leaves Batman at the end of his contract. But Snyder stays on. Who do you guys see as a long term replacement? Jock? Sean Murphy? Rafael Albuquerque? (Zombine might die if that happened)

ReAxion

tfw you wanna catch up on the posts from the weekend but skip to the end halfway through.

Battlefront 1
Battlefront 2
KOTOR 1
KOTOR 2
Episode 1 Racing
Dark Forces
Phantom Menace
Lego Star Wars 1-A Billion
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight 2
Rogue Squadron
Rogue Squadron 2
Tie Fighter
Force Unleashed 1

Masters of Kasai was novel...

I probably even forgot some.

Star Wars: Rebellion (or Supremacy in the United Kingdom and Ireland)

Oh, snap! My Samnee sketches came in and they're brilliant.

The Killface is for my roommate. Frisky Dingo is one of the three shows that he actually likes.

f yeah Frisky Dingo.

I'm gonna stop by a comics shop that I haven't been to (Sky High Comics, if you were curious, ReAxion) on my way home from work today. Maaaaybe I'll buy something. We'll see.

Nice! Toy Wars really isn't far from there, either, there's backroad way that should show up if you route in a smartphone app.

Zombine

Banned
tfw you wanna catch up on the posts from the weekend but skip to the end halfway through.

Star Wars: Rebellion (or Supremacy in the United Kingdom and Ireland)

f yeah Frisky Dingo.

Nice! Toy Wars really isn't far from there, either, there's backroad way that should show up if you route in a smartphone app.

Basically that Star Wars game list is never ending.

Let's say Capullo leaves Batman at the end of his contract. But Snyder stays on. Who do you guys see as a long term replacement? Jock? Sean Murphy? Rafael Albuquerque? (Zombine might die if that happened)
SGM and Albuquerque are gonna ride off into the sunset with Mark Millar money and never make comics again

Basically that Star Wars game list is never ending.

It turns out that when a billion Star Wars games get made there are a ton of really good ones. Granted that there have been amazing Star Wars games since almost the beginning starting with the great at the time (and which I feel holds up decently) original arcade Star Wars.

For some reason that isn't nearly as appealing a character trait as it should be. It just translates to more angst when there's already more than enough to go around. The book is drowning in it.

You're breaking my heart, echo.

Here's how I see it. The comic is irreverent and the characters aren't very likable to start with, all true, but the comic delivers on almost every other front up until the end of the second arc. Particularly, all the story beats seem to be turned up to 11. The end of the second arc is really when it starts hitting the high notes in the character development, particularly with Maria and Marcus. Maria is an amazing character, and Marcus is totally fucked up, but you start to sympathize and relate to his feelings. He still feels pretty unstable, though, but you kind of understand why.

I would suggest you persist, but then again, maybe it's just not your thing.

You're breaking my heart, echo.

Here's how I see it. The comic is irreverent and the characters aren't very likable to start with, all true, but the comic delivers on almost every other front up until the end of the second arc. Particularly, all the story beats seem to be turned up to 11. The end of the second arc is really when it starts hitting the high notes in the character development, particularly with Maria and Marcus. Maria is an amazing character, and Marcus is totally fucked up, but you start to sympathize and relate to his feelings. He still feels pretty unstable, though, but you kind of understand why.

I would suggest you persist, but then again, maybe it's just not your thing.

Woah, no heart breaking! Ya know what, I think you've sold me on plugging through the end of the second arc and the beginning of the third. I'll give it another shot. I can't pick it up today but I'll check back in next week with the results.

ReAxion

It turns out that when a billion Star Wars games get made there are a ton of really good ones. Granted that there have been amazing Star Wars games since almost the beginning starting with the great at the time (and which I feel holds up decently) original arcade Star Wars.

You just take any good genre and apply a Star Wars theme, then collect monies.

Woah, no heart breaking! Ya know what, I think you've sold me on plugging through the end of the second arc and the beginning of the third. I'll give it another shot. I can't pick it up today but I'll check back in next week with the results.

If you don't enjoy it, come back and tell me my opinions suck and you'll never trust them again. I'll understand.

Owzers

My terrible face hunter with garbage non-rare and basic stuff just went 2/3 and i should have won the third if not for the unstable portal getting them the Legendary Demon on mage that makes them immune. Previous to that, my midrange beast hunter deck kept losing. This is what you get for trying. Hearthstone is so weird, kinda makes me think about reading comics.

Top Bottom