• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hah! Screw you, doubters! Despite all odds, I actually supported my local LCS!

ZQcIckR.jpg

They also happen to be my first action figures since I was a small child.
I totally forgot about these figures. I remember seeing them in the solicits a long time ago and abolutely loving them, but forgot they existed. I saw them on the shelf and I was like "YES. MINE."
It also reminded me that I need to pick up the Lil' Gotham TPB.
I'll post some higher quality photos when I get them out of their boxes, but I'll just tell you now, the molds are absolutely incredible. The figures look fantastic. I'm soooo happy about them.

Oh and also, got my Tank Girl Vol 1 TPB in the mail today! Somehow it made it through Amazon's shipping pretty much flawlessly. It's a christmas miracle.
It's a very nice quality TPB and from flipping through it briefly it looks sweet. I'm super excited to read it tomorrow!

AND I have the next 3 days off my FroYo job (and I only work at Banana Republic 1 of those 3 days, so I kind of have 3 days off), so today is a damn good day!

Nice! Toy Wars really isn't far from there, either, there's backroad way that should show up if you route in a smartphone app.

Oh okay, cool! I'll stop by there on my way home from work some other day.

Awwww comicgaf. You guys gave me the warm fuzzies.

Looks like I need to have a couple more studies done but in the clear so far!

Awesome! So glad to hear it! Hopefully you continue to get good news!

Cheska

Has anyone read High Crimes by Christopher Sebela and Ibrahim Moustafa? I'm about half way through the collection and am finding that I have to force myself to read it. It's not bad but it's one of those stories that I feel like I just don't care about :/

Messi

Has anyone read High Crimes by Christopher Sebela and Ibrahim Moustafa? I'm about half way through the collection and am finding that I have to force myself to read it. It's not bad but it's one of those stories that I feel like I just don't care about :/

Sounds like a book you need to drop. Comicgaf told me there are too many good books out there to stick with books you don't enjoy.

Probably a no, but has anyone read The Red Ten? Seems very interesting. I'll probably pick it up if no one has anything to say about it.

Sounds like a book you need to drop. Comicgaf told me there are too many good books out there to stick with books you don't enjoy.

Sounds like this Comicgaf kid is asking for it

Seriously. I got to that point with Harley Quinn. Now that I've dropped it, I feel so free!

:D

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Tomorrow is IST order day :D

It's looking like it's going to be Bacchus, Kabuki, Ms. Marvel, and Lil' Gotham. Though I might decide to toss something else in there as well if I'm feeling carefree.

Boogiepop

So yeah, any opinions on Infinity Gauntlet or Annihilators?

Also, this is insanely LTTP, but for the past day or so I'm playing through the NES Punch-Out for the first time ever, and I finally hit faux-Tyson Mr. Dream and... holy crap. This... may take a while...

Messi

Also, this is insanely LTTP, but for the past day or so I'm playing through the NES Punch-Out for the first time ever, and I finally hit faux-Tyson Mr. Dream and... holy crap. This... may take a while...

Really enjoying Infinity Gauntlet thus far. I think it's worth a look.

Edit : so help me if you guys and gals don't stop. You are gonna get us in trouble.

Remembered that i should probably get around to reading Rucka's Queen and Country.

Maaan, the writing is pretty decent. Like a Zero that doesn't turn to shite after a dozen ishs.

But that art...dear god, what compelled the man to pick Brian Hurt for pencils? Stuff's way too cartoony for the subject matter. Here's hoping he changes the artist down the line, cuz...

yikes

Hagi

That episode had legit feels to it...

I was surprised at how good that show is.

Remembered that i should probably get around to reading Rucka's Queen and Country.

Maaan, the writing is pretty decent. Like a Zero that doesn't turn to shite after a dozen ishs.

But that art...dear god, what compelled the man to pick Brian Hurt for pencils? Stuff's way too cartoony for the subject matter.

I got it into my head from the covers that Tim Sale did the interiors as well, was not prepared for that level of disappointment.

But that art...dear god, what compelled the man to pick Brian Hurt for pencils? Stuff's way too cartoony for the subject matter.

Yes, please. comics. Let's talk about comics.

Pencils are bad enough to turn you away?

EDIT: it doesn't look THAT cartoony to me. At least not enough to turn me off from it

Yes, please. comics. Let's talk about comics.

Pencils are bad enough to turn you away?

Nah, man. It's Rucka. Give him a female lead, low tech setting, and he pumps out solid gold. Still got mad cred with me for Whiteout.

Plus i googled around a bit and he'll upgrade to a baller artist at some point.

Is Whiteout something I should probably read immediately?

In 1999 Whiteout was nominated for the "Best Writer", "Best Penciller/Inker or Penciller/Inker Team" and "Best Limited Series" Eisner Awards[3] and in 2000 it was nominated for the "Best Graphic Album" Eisner Award.[4]

Awards

Whiteout: Melt won the 2000 Eisner Award for Best Limited Series.[3]

Kinda. Both it and its sequel are damn solid reads.

I didn't finish the original Infinity Gauntlet and I'd say it's not something I'd say you really need to read. I liked Thanos Quest though.

Didn't read Annihilators. Didn't have much of an urge to after Thanos Imperative if I'm being honest.

And I'm glad you guys brought up Whiteout. I legit had it in hand yesterday but didn't get it. Lieber did the art for it and I love that dude, so if it's worth a read let me know.

Top Bottom