• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Oh god no. I don't have money in my account. Are you sure?

They're on Diamond's release list for this and next week respectively. Which is weird, because I thought they were both coming on the 26th. Must have been pushed up.

Edit: Double-checked at TFAW, and Lois is listed for Aug. 5th, so that's as good as a confirmation. But B&W Batgirl is still listed for the 26th over there, so we'll see.

Messi

They're on Diamond's release list for this and next week respectively. Which is weird, because I thought they were both coming on the 26th. Must have been pushed up.

Edit: Double-checked at TFAW, and Lois is listed for Aug. 5th, so that's as good as a confirmation. But B&W Batgirl is still listed for the 26th over there, so we'll see.

The art of war wonder woman by Valley is next week too. Fuck.

Dcbs has my Lois as picked does that mean it was charged?

besada

Banned
So, I decided to look up Bombshells Lois 'cause I'd forgotten what she looked like, and I found this gem:
1%2B-%2BLois%2BLane%2BBombshell%2Bof%2Bthe%2BBoulevards%2Bsplash%2Bpage.jpg

I can't decide what my favorite part of this is. Is it that Superman was fooled by Lois in a wig with a Poodle? Is it that there exists somebody on the planet of Earth stupid enough to intentionally engage Superman in a pistol duel? Is it that Superman is enough of a dick to accept such an offer?

I guess I just don't like Kot because I just read Wolf #1 and didn't care for it. I didn't think the art was very good either.

ElNarez

Banned
I guess I just don't like Kot because I just read Wolf #1 and didn't care for it. I didn't think the art was very good either.

I'm gonna say it's maybe the worst first issue he's written. It doesn't have the worldbuilding vision of The Surface, the political urgency of Material or the blunt action of Zero. Like, maybe the extended page count dilutes it, yeah.

Messi

Oh ok, business as usual. I just thought me wanting to join figuregaf might get a response

Needed some honest figure buying advice. since you guys were talking about it, thought I'd ask...

Sorry, I was just freaking out trying to get money from one account to another as I had completely forgot about these orders.

You are real late on getting in on cheap Batwoman as it's not on dcbs anymore. Your best bet now is likely bbts

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DCC11912&mode=retail

Freeza be lyin. Snake.

Top of the page m8

Ah, well then.

Say I wanted to preorder the Batwoman Bombshell figure, what's the best place to do that?

DCBS already had her up, so you missed out on best price. They update their site the first Wednesday of each month, so you need to order things you want while they're listed. Bombshells generally list for $125, so your best option now would be Entertainment Earth, where they'll give her to you for $99 with free shipping.

Messi

I try to avoid entertainment earth where possible because of that shit they pulled with the Harley and Joker Bombshell. Changing the price after a mistake and not telling the people who ordered. Scum move.

I try to avoid entertainment earth where possible because of that shit they pulled with the Harley and Joker Bombshell. Changing the price after a mistake and not telling the people who ordered. Scum move.

Yeah, that was bullshit. And I gave them an earful about it, too. But that aside, they've been pretty reliable. They tend to get their stock in around the same time as BBTS, too.

Sorry, I was just freaking out trying to get money from one account to another as I had completely forgot about these orders.

You are real late on getting in on cheap Batwoman as it's not on dcbs anymore. Your best bet now is likely bbts

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DCC11912&mode=retail

Freeza be lyin. Snake.

Ah, well then.

DCBS already had her up, so you missed out on best price. They update their site the first Wednesday of each month, so you need to order things you want while they're listed. Bombshells generally list for $125, so your best option now would be Entertainment Earth, where they'll give her to you for $99 with free shipping.

How cheap was it on DCBS?

No bite huh? I thought it was pretty good for a set up issue. It read more like a TV show to me than any of his other work. I think Kot is excellent at figuring out what makes comics special and using that in his books, but I don't think that happened in Wolf #1.

Im looking forward to full blown Kot the deeper we get into magic.

What about the art didnt click with you? I think Taylor draws the main protagonist a bit oddly but I think the rest of the art is ace although his linework is a little too clean and digital giving it a bit of a sterile look. I love the coloring tho.

I'm gonna say it's maybe the worst first issue he's written. It doesn't have the worldbuilding vision of The Surface, the political urgency of Material or the blunt action of Zero. Like, maybe the extended page count dilutes it, yeah.
Kot's worst first issue is still pretty great haha Im gonna have to re read to see how I like it. The scene jump at the end felt a bit tacked on and not very clever. His work is usually pretty good at using scene jumps/time skips well and if they feel sudden his in story commenting is pretty funny to make up for it (like in Secret Avengers) but this time it was like oh yeah we will come back, please keep trusting me as a storyteller. I thought the opening scene was gonna be more dramatic than 'oh yeah a guy set me on fire'

Just finished watching Gone Girl
AAAAAHHHHHHH WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT

Yeah, I really enjoyed that movie. Much better than I expected it to be. From what I hear it's a really good adaptation of the book, which is what I've come to expect from David Fincher.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Yeah, I really enjoyed that movie. Much better than I expected it to be. From what I hear it's a really good adaptation of the book, which is what I've come to expect from David Fincher.

It was an incredible movie.
Also infuriating.
I WANT JUSTICE DAMMIT. WHERE WAS MY JUSTICE.

frye

Kot should go back to those issues of Zero where it's just 22 pages of fights so I can care about his comics again

Just finished watching Gone Girl
AAAAAHHHHHHH WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT

pure fuckery

isn't it great though

Wrapped up the second book in BPRD Plague of Frogs 2.

It's interesting to see where they're going with this whole frog monster idea. They're becoming more and more complex with every issue and it's kind of hard to predict what the next step is. The various artists they get all do a killer job too. That one issue where it was about the crew trapped on a ship with the beefy frog was tense as fuck with the grittier art and dark shadows everywhere. And the last issue had Peter Snejbjerg on art and he drew some gorgeous spreads near the end. Seriously stunning.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So, I decided to look up Bombshells Lois 'cause I'd forgotten what she looked like, and I found this gem:
1%2B-%2BLois%2BLane%2BBombshell%2Bof%2Bthe%2BBoulevards%2Bsplash%2Bpage.jpg

I can't decide what my favorite part of this is. Is it that Superman was fooled by Lois in a wig with a Poodle? Is it that there exists somebody on the planet of Earth stupid enough to intentionally engage Superman in a pistol duel? Is it that Superman is enough of a dick to accept such an offer?

Somebody should collect all the covers and storylines where Superman is being a dick and animate them.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Woof. Black Vortex...

That was not great. I sort of like the new cosmic designs though.

tumblr_nn2d5hLOgj1rsus6so1_500.png

I'm starting to get annoyed by Andrea Sorrentino, though. He clearly uses the exact same face model for Star Lord, Green Arrow and Old Man Logan. It's not quite dealbreaking because I still like panel layouts, but it's frustrating.

Ugh. I'm going to get a million birthday emails now from every site I've ever signed up for. :O

Happy Birthday Deal Related Email Deletion Day!

So what's Earth One Superman like? I see it at my LCS all the time, and he looks very angry on that cover. I've heard Batman Earth One is really good. Does Superman also hold that standard? I want to read a good Superman book and that one currently grabs my interest.

Squire

Banned
So what's Earth One Superman like? I see it at my LCS all the time, and he looks very angry on that cover. I've heard Batman Earth One is really good. Does Superman also hold that standard? I want to read a good Superman book and that one currently grabs my interest.

When Johns got the screenwriting gig for Affleck's solo Batman movie folks in the thread were saying he doesn't really have a handle on the character and that that novel isn't good.

Haven't read it myself though.

No, but I still ignore you for the most part.

:D

image.php

Superdickery and related covers is the greatest legacy of Silver Age Superman.

Superman fights
Kiss

I personally liked it but I've heard others have issues with it. It's a pretty good slightly standard / slightly retooled Superman origin story.

Lagamorph

I only just got around to actually following up on my digital Spider-Gwen subscription.
Only 5 issues? Seriously? I figured it wouldn't be long running but I expected more than that. Sure the artwork was pretty bad sometimes but the concept and characters were great. Guess I'll have to start picking up the new Spider-Verse and hope Gwen gets another solo series.

Hagi

I only just got around to actually following up on my digital Spider-Gwen subscription.
Only 5 issues? Seriously? I figured it wouldn't be long running but I expected more than that. Sure the artwork was pretty bad sometimes but the concept and characters were great. Guess I'll have to start picking up the new Spider-Verse and hope Gwen gets another solo series.

That's only because of Secret Wars fuckery, her ongoing restarts in October or something.

When Johns got the screenwriting gig for Affleck's solo Batman movie folks in the thread were saying he doesn't really have a handle on the character and that that novel isn't good.

Haven't read it myself though.
Earth One Batman is a fuckin loser. It's not a horrible read but Johns' clear hatred of Batman kinda gets in the way of it being a solid story IIRC

The solo series is getting relaunched in the fall with All New All Different Marvel

Top Bottom