• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Tizoc

Brave and the Bold is so underappreciated.

Ain't that the truth
SsFChnm.jpg

Owzers

1) nice pics

2) how can you allow books to not be straight? I guess you don't work at Marvel.

3) is that a bag of frisbees i see in the early pics? I like frisbee.

When Johns got the screenwriting gig for Affleck's solo Batman movie folks in the thread were saying he doesn't really have a handle on the character and that that novel isn't good.

Haven't read it myself though.

Superman fights
Kiss

I personally liked it but I've heard others have issues with it. It's a pretty good slightly standard / slightly retooled Superman origin story.
Imagine good will hunting, remove everything good about it, and give will superpowers. That's Superman earth one.
So it's mediocre? Because that's what I'm getting.
Earth One Batman is a fuckin loser. It's not a horrible read but Johns' clear hatred of Batman kinda gets in the way of it being a solid story IIRC
Say what now?

Don't update CMX. Bug causes you to have to sign in every time you open the app.
Yea. I'm getting that bug. It's not every time I open the app but frequent. The quicker workaround on IOS is to double tap home, swipe away the CMX app, and the open it. Then it behaves correctly

Edit I also got obsessed going through and marking my books read that CMX forgot or I've read the book but either in floppies, trades, etc. it cut down on the unread smart list counter.

My Barnes and Nobly definitely increased the size on their comic section, lots of choices that caught my eye.

Only ended up getting Dream Fossil for myself today. It's technically manga but it was mixed with the funny books and I love Satoshi Kon so it was kind of a no-brainer.

My Barnes and Nobly definitely increased the size on their comic section, lots of choices that caught my eye.

Only ended up getting Dream Fossil for myself today. It's technically manga but it was mixed with the funny books and I love Satoshi Kon so it was kind of a no-brainer.

did you overhear any terrible OT-esque comic discussions?

Owzers

listening to depressing music is just the worst, it's like reading a DC comic after declaring you are only going to read good comics.

Owzers

Trump today ( sorry, i have to):

KARL: I understand your critique. But why do you say that means we won't see another black president for generations?

TRUMP: Because I think that he has set a very poor standard. I think that he has set a very low bar and I think it's a shame for the African American people.

And by the way, he has done nothing for African Americans. You look at what's gone on with their income levels. You look at what's gone on with their youth. I thought that he would be a great cheerleader for this country. I thought he'd do a fabulous job for the African American citizens of this country.

He has done nothing. They are worse now than just about ever and --

KARL: But --

TRUMP: -- they are -- excuse me. They have problems now in terms of unemployment numbers, look at their unemployment numbers. And you have -- here you have a black president who's done very poorly for the African Americans of this country.

And I think that I will win the African American vote and I think I will win the Hispanic vote. And if you see the recent polls that came out, Jon, you'll see that because I'm leading in the Hispanic vote.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/week-transcript-donald-trump/story?id=32829376&singlePage=true

I hope people enjoyed having the only black president for generations. It reminds me of Romney's ad of " we tried, he tried, it's time to change" or whatever.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Trump today ( sorry, i have to):

I hope people enjoyed having the only black president for generations. It reminds me of Romney's ad of " we tried, he tried, it's time to change" or whatever.
Man, you guys have a lot of idiots as president candidats.

(Not that people like Gabriel or Merkel were that much better...)

GAMEPROFF

Banned
How is you election system working anyway? Will there be elections between the candidates for each party in which regular members of the party can choose their favorite?

How is you election system working anyway? Will there be elections between the candidates for each party in which regular members of the party can choose their favorite?

Yeah, that's what's going on now, the primaries. Clinton is dominating the Democratic one, and Trump has pulled together an impressive lead with the Republicans.

Thats quiete cool.
In Germany, I can only choose between the people the parties elect.

This is good, I assume? I mean, there is no way Clinton wont win over Trump?

She is the lesser evil in this scenario, but then again I've never really gotten involved in politics, so I don't want to come off as an expert or anything. I just know that neither one of those people are the best choices, but beyond that I have nothing to really contribute so I don't pretend to actually contribute anything.

To be fair, given that Kasich has no chance at getting the nom, trump really is the least shit republican candidate.

Which says a lot about the party, tbqh

Agreed, for the last three nights i've played about 8 or so 2vs2 games with my friend. I'm still missing the ball a lot O____O, i think i'm only going to get better to a point.

I tend to go for 3v3. And yeah, everyone misses the ball a lot, but I've been getting in some glorious shots, too.

Holy shit that does look fun.

It does. I've heard people talking about it for a minute and decided to see what it was about since it was still free on PSN.

You playing on Steam or what?

PS4. It was free with PS+. Otherwise it's $20, which seemed pretty steep. But oh my lawd this is fun.

----------------

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY FREEZA

First, you are my new favorite poster. Secondly, hit the Sequential iPad app. They have a sale going on Eddie Campbell stuff, including The Years Have Pants for $7.99. That's considerably cheaper than the $40 I paid for it when it came out.

http://store.sequential.cc/catalogue/creator/eddie_campbell/121

Thanks for the link. But I think I will include the Bacchus omnibus in my next order. I do prefer reading physical editions, especially when I know I will enjoy it.

Viewtiful suggested Alec too. Two recommendations, so I picked up the omnibus on today's Library trip.

And Kipp and Lauchpad wouldn't stop going on about Unknown Soldier, so picked up two trades of that. And Animal man to help me sleep. And Act III of Wonder Woman. Good weekend for comics.

Top Bottom