• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Messi

Nah, man. It's Rucka. Give him a female lead, low tech setting, and he pumps out solid gold. Still got mad cred with me for Whiteout.

Plus i googled around a bit and he'll upgrade to a baller artist at some point.

Did you see Rucka's new book. Wow. Black Magick with Nicole Scott

blackmagik_001_006-7_final.jpg

blackmagik_001_008_final.jpg

blackmagik_001_009_final.jpg

Had to leave out the first two pages due to boobs. It's out this month I believe.

JL3001-Cv6-07ab2.jpg

JUSTICE LEAGUE 3001 #6
Written by KEITH GIFFEN and J.M. DeMATTEIS
Art and cover by HOWARD PORTER
On sale NOVEMBER 25 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Evil Zeus of Injustice League 3000 has returned, and he’s created a new race of the most bizarre New Gods in DCU history! And a new threat enters U.P. space and they’re systematically eliminating any and all obstacles to their master’s conquest. Plus, the most unexpected super death in super history. No. Really. You’ll never guess.
Guys, I know this is gonna sound crazy but what if...

...just hear me out...

...WHAT IF...

...Superman dies?

The Death of Superman. :O

Hagi

Did you see Rucka's new book. Wow. Black Magick with Nicole Scott

Had to leave out the first two pages due to boobs. It's out this month I believe.

This looks cool, I only just got round to reading Stumptown so I'm more than happy to get more Rucka crime comics.

Boogiepop

I didn't finish the original Infinity Gauntlet and I'd say it's not something I'd say you really need to read. I liked Thanos Quest though.

Didn't read Annihilators. Didn't have much of an urge to after Thanos Imperative if I'm being honest.

And I'm glad you guys brought up Whiteout. I legit had it in hand yesterday but didn't get it. Lieber did the art for it and I love that dude, so if it's worth a read let me know.
Thanks, sounds like maybe something to try on MU then, I suppose.

Vibranium

Banned
They're making a Resident Evil 6 for some reason too.

Because it makes money at the box office and Capcom doesn't care enough to make something faithful to the original survival horor vibe.

That rumored RE tv show a while back sounded pretty cool, it was supposed to be about Raccoon City pre-outbreak. I'd love a comic series (non-manga) about it too.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Because it makes money at the box office and Capcom doesn't care enough to make something faithful to the original survival horor vibe.

That rumored RE tv show a while back sounded pretty cool, it was supposed to be about Raccoon City pre-outbreak. I'd love a comic series about it too.

I'd watch/read!

Vibranium

Banned
I'd watch/read!

Me too. I'd freaking write comic series about Resident Evil and Capcom wouldn't even have to pay me. But no BSAA, punching boulders or crazy bio-shenanigans for the people who like that stuff. Back to the classic REmake style, with darkness and putting characters through the wringer. And I would get Michael Lark to draw it, because he's Michael Lark.

Remembered that i should probably get around to reading Rucka's Queen and Country.

Maaan, the writing is pretty decent. Like a Zero that doesn't turn to shite after a dozen ishs.

But that art...dear god, what compelled the man to pick Brian Hurt for pencils? Stuff's way too cartoony for the subject matter. Here's hoping he changes the artist down the line, cuz...

yikes

This is such a brilliant series. The art changes a lot from arc to arc. I think you'll definitely find something you like later on.

Here's a couple of spoiler free examples.

Jason Shawn Alexander

Samnee

Tomorrow is IST order day :D

It's looking like it's going to be Bacchus, Kabuki, Ms. Marvel, and Lil' Gotham. Though I might decide to toss something else in there as well if I'm feeling carefree.

I think mine is going to be Perez Wonder Woman and Kamandi v2. That should take it over $50.

Owzers

I've given Big Hero 6 a few watches and i still don't like the plot at all, it has a couple funny Baymax moments and felt kinda forced and uninteresting overall.

One of the absolute best things about CMX is that I can stumble onto something that catches my interest, and if nobody has read it before, I can just buy a single issue to see if it's worth the time. I love it.

Messi

Tales of the borderlands is the best thing telltale has done other than walking dead season 1. Just finished episode 3 and it was amazing, each episode has been better than the last. Episode 4 is out tomorrow so I can't wait. Such fun characters.

How were the borderlands comics? I want more of this universe.

--

Giant Days is a Boom book? Sold. Just bought the first issue on comixology.

Tales of the borderlands is the best thing telltale has done other than walking dead season 1. Just finished episode 3 and it was amazing, each episode has been better than the last. Episode 4 is out tomorrow so I can't wait. Such fun characters.

Are you on the EU PSN, Messi? If so, I think Ep.4 is up now.

Top Bottom