• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

No I bought it on xbox :(

Wicked and the divine #11: go fuck yourself wicked and the divine.

Ha ha ha, oh man. I can't wait to read Messi's reaction the the Tula Lotay issue. I'mma be all like:

x53oLmS.gif

Every time i see an american comic writer depicting foreigners crying over 9/11, i'm a bit fascinated by the kinda image the writer thinks most of the world has/had of their country.

Tragic, sure, but crying? Mate, uhm... yeah. About that...

And here is a killer spook going to her knees and crying nonstop. Ah well.

Owzers

I'd really like to read some MU stuff right now but i don't want to subscribe again until their is an annual sub deal. :/ I don't want to physically hold and open books lately, i want to read comics on the device that Hearthstone is played on.

On the plus side, the one digital book i am reading, Dungeons and Dragons vol 1, is still fun.

Finally read the most recent Grayson today. Man, I love this comic. It's just great and has been every month since it launched. I think in general DC has a lot of great books right now and it's really nice to see. I read this, Starfire, and that Batgirl Annual today and all of them were awesome. Still gotta read The Omega Men to see how I like it and I need to check out Midnighter and Superman again. Good time to be a DC fan.

Also read Deadly Class #New today and it was great. Fucking grim ending though. Next issue needs to be here now.

Yousefb

Finally my instocktrades order came in! You guys were right the packaging is so much better than amazon. Time to dive into these books. Think I'll start with Deadly Class
qXu4do5h.jpg

Here's a pic of my whole trade collection. I love seeing it grow lol
4nJtA3kh.jpg

Also here's a bonus picture of my comic wall. Put it together after getting a bunch of random issues at Boston Comicon.
G0VZ1py.jpg

Read Avengers World 17. I had enjoyed this series right up until Axis and I think this may have been the first post axis issue. Good thing the art is nice because that writing was bleh. Just very generic. Dialogue was not good either

Every time i see an american comic writer depicting foreigners crying over 9/11, i'm a bit fascinated by the kinda image the writer thinks most of the world has/had of their country.

Tragic, sure, but crying? Mate, uhm... yeah. About that...

And here is a killer spook going to her knees and crying nonstop. Ah well.
Which book was this?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Reeeal cool. I was going to add Hellblazer Vol 4 to my cart since I'm currently at Vol 3 and really enjoying it at the moment so I want to have the next one ready to read.
And for some reason, that's the only volume IST doesn't have.

And of course that's the volume with Grant Morrison, Neil Gaiman, David Lloyd, Dave McKean, and Sean Phillips.
Talk about an all-star lineup.

If I have to order it off Amazon I'm going to hurt something.

Owzers

It's so he can climb them. That's the only thing comics are good for.
Well, that and use as kindling in starting fires.

I advise burning before reading.

I liked issue #11 because i didn't enjoy the book and i knew i was dropping it after #11
so it was like we both went out at the same time.

Messi

HAHA so many sensitive souls around here.

It's not about being sensitive. They took away the one character I enjoyed in the book and the rest of the characters are so unappealing and unlikable that it's clear the book is not for me. The characters don't have to be likeable but they have to be interesting. I hope you continue to enjoy it though.

Yousefb

Are you taping comic books to your wall?
Lol I have (most of) these issues in trade/digital. I don't really read physical issues. I just got these to hang up.

Also holy crap Deadly Class is so awesome! Just the first issue alone is one of them funnest books I ever read. The art sorta reminds me of older 80's anime. The colors and panel layouts really bring this book to life.

LosDaddie

Banned
Looks to be an expensive week for me:

Onslaught omnibus
Wonder Woman omnibus (2x - 1 for my daughter, 1 for my sister)

I think that'll be it for me for a while. I can only think volume #2 of the Avengers omnibus by Busiek/Perez coming out in Nov that i'm going to buy. Oh, and the Secret Wars hardcovers.

Wes Craig's art with Loughridge's colors looks phenomenal in Deadly Class. So slick and stylish. The motorcycle scene in the first issue was a visual treat. Remender's always been good at angst too so him writing a bunch of high school kids in a school for assassins is pretty much perfect.

Awesome comic.

You will most likely not regret it. If you're planning to start from the beginning, just know there were 3 issues published before it started on BOOM that Cmx calls Year One which comes first.
Yea it's great. It's topics covers things similar in some ways as neogaf OT but way more nuanced, balanced and clever. It's a fun read.

I finished up MGS Peacewalker. Just need to finally play through Ground Zeros for the first time and then I'm ready for the final proper installment of MGS! *salutes*

Vibranium

Banned
Wes Craig's art with Loughridge's colors looks phenomenal in Deadly Class. So slick and stylish. The motorcycle scene in the first issue was a visual treat. Remender's always been good at angst too so him writing a bunch of high school kids in a school for assassins is pretty much perfect.

Awesome comic.

Since some of the experiences from Deadly Class come from Rick's life you can see the passion on each page. Great vibe.

Yousefb

Awesome comic.
That scene was phenomenal.

I read they are making an Underworld 5 for some reason. I'll watch it.
The fourth one was terrible. The first two are enjoyable action films, if nonsensical. I haven't seen the third (though I'm told it's the same), but the fourth was terrible. On multiple levels. The concept of the plot was good, but it shouldn't have focused on Selene. The detective, her daughter, and the remaining vampire coven (specifically the main dude out of that coven. He used whips) should have been the main characters. Should have primarily been a mystery movie. Selene should have been released later, setting up for the fifth one where Selene and her daughter attempt to find Michael while bonding with each other. A gothic/horror action movie with family bonding. Perfect.

They fucked it up, though.
I've given Big Hero 6 a few watches and i still don't like the plot at all, it has a couple funny Baymax moments and felt kinda forced and uninteresting overall.
It's a very basic movie, no doubt. I still find it very enjoyable. It has all the base parts of an enjoyable superhero movie, it just never strives to be above the sum of its parts. That's its biggest flaw.
G-self from the last incomprehensible series Reconguista in G
Now you got that Roger Smith avatar.

LET THE HYPE TRAIN ROLL OUT

Remember how Colossus is garbage in both X-Men Legends 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance? Literally the worst character in both games.

He has three potential roles: tank, melee DPS, or support. He is outclassed in all those roles. There's no reason to play him besides playing as Colossus.
Big O was awesome but it needed more mecha action IMO @_@

It's noir + old-school mecha + Batman + old-school sci-fi

It's perfect

Tizoc

Remember how Colossus is garbage in both X-Men Legends 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance? Literally the worst character in both games.

He has three potential roles: tank, melee DPS, or support. He is outclassed in all those roles. There's no reason to play him besides playing as Colossus.

It's noir + old-school mecha + Batman + old-school sci-fi

It's perfect

As a kid I liked Colossus cuz he looked cool. I guess he's at his best int his game at least
gfs_34388_2_4.jpg

FYI I'm a guy who wants to see mechs beat the crap out of each other so if a mecha show gives me little mecha action and a deep story, it'sleaves much to be desired to me.

Never really clicked for me. Now Giant Robo? OMG so so awesome

I really need to watch that show, but how's the mecha fights in it?

Black Widow (2001) has a better story and art than the 1999 series. Unfortunately, it feels like the conclusion of a bigger story arc that doesn't exist, since the previous series didn't lay a very good foundation. I imagine both would have somewhat more potency if I had more context for Black Widow as a character.

It seems the follow up series Black Widow: Pale Little Spider isn't easy to obtain, digitally at least.

Top Bottom