• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Oh boy. Should I make a thread for the top most powerful female DC supervillains?
lol the "what could have been" always hurts
Two of my favorite things (Nightwing and TLoK) fused together. Bastards.
Dat Teen Titans featurin Damien, kid Flashes, Batgirl, Supergirl, Static and Blue Beetle T.T
Oh god....oh god....tears
They really need a MUA3 (or a DC version). I'd settle for an HD port of X-men legends MUA1/2 at this point.
I want XML3 with the roster of both XML1/2, minus the Brotherhood members, Iron Man, Deadpool, and Sunfire. Add Cannonball, Angel/Archangel, Shadowcat, Banshee, and Magick. Forge as an unlockable. Also, the gameplay should be like MUA, with the stat and gear depth of XML2.
I love these figures so much :D

Only downside is that there are very few points of articulation, but the silver lining is that they look better because of that fact (since there aren't tons of joints mucking up the aesthetics).
Lil' Gotham is the best.

Image November Solicitations are here

Gimme some of that Monstress, Image:

MONSTRESS #1
STORY: MARJORIE LIU
ART / COVER: SANA TAKEDA
NOVEMBER 4 / 72 PAGES / FC / M / $4.99

Astonishing X-Men and Black Widow writer MARJORIE LIU returns to comics with artist SANA TAKEDA (X-23) for an all-new ONGOING SERIES! Steampunk meets Kaiju in this original fantasy epic for mature readers, as young Maika risks everything to control her psychic link with a monster of tremendous power, placing her in the center of a devastating war between human and otherworldly forces. The adventure begins in a spectacular TRIPLE-SIZED FIRST ISSUE, with SIXTY-SIX pages of story and no ads for this one-time price of 4.99!

Triple sized first issue for five bucks, DC how are ya?

For the trade waiters:
BLACK SCIENCE PREMIERE HC: THE BEGINNERS' GUIDE TO ENTROPY
STORY: RICK REMENDER
ART: MATTEO SCALERA, DEAN WHITE, & MORENO DENISIO
COVER: MATTEO SCALERA
NOVEMBER 25 / 432 PAGES / FC / M / $49.99

Collecting the first three arcs of the seminal pulp sci-fi smash hit by the jive-ass super powered disco dancers RICK REMENDER and MATTEO SCALERA. Crammed with sketches, concept art, and other rare goodies in a glorious oversized 8” x 12” hardcover, truly the most incredible edition of BLACK SCIENCE in all the Eververse.
Collects BLACK SCIENCE #1-16

ReAxion

heh

THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #16
STORY: KIERON GILLEN
ART: LEILA DEL DUCA, JAMIE McKELVIE, & MATTHEW WILSON
COVER A: JAMIE McKELVIE & MATTHEW WILSON
COVER B: LEILA DEL DUCA
NOVEMBER 11 / 32 PAGES / FC / M / $3.50
The Morrigan is receiving visitors, including LEILA DEL DUCA (SHUTTER). Plus a back-up by JAMIE and MATT. Suffice to say, this one is NONE MORE GOTH.

Have you all been reading Christopher Priest's series of interviews over at newsarama?

http://www.newsarama.com/25496-priest-looks-back-at-black-panther.html

http://www.newsarama.com/25506-priest-on-black-panther-pt-2.html

http://www.newsarama.com/25518-prie...-enemy-of-the-state-and-the-panther-film.html

Marvel Knights agreed, and I signed on for the series. I turned in the first issue, and Jimmy and Joe rejected it. We were off to a great start.

After Marvel Knights handed the book back to Marvel, I was tasked, from that point until the book’s cancellation, with trying to grow the audience. It was exhausting and it inhibited most creative thinking.

I just used Stan, and only Stan, as my template--though I wanted a more laconic, more Batman-esque and mysterious character to Stan’s friendly and gregarious monarch. I didn’t think Panther would talk all that much. I thought Batman talked too much (and maybe still does, I don’t actively read comics anymore); like all that yakking he does explaining his motives in the final moments of The Dark Knight; it was a violation of his character to stand there yammering. Not Batman.

For example: a line was cut from my contribution to the recent Deadpool marriage issue because Marvel was concerned black readers might be offended. I assured them black fans would not be offended by the line, but I was overruled. Which troubled me because I was an actual black person assuring them black people really aren’t as thin skinned as they (or the corporate hedgehog above Marvel editorial) may think.

Black people have a sense of humor. Deadpool, the character, busts on everybody. It was a violation of his character for him to start pulling his punches just because he was talking to a black person.

All excerpts from the first interview.

That reminds me, I have 12 issues of Priest's Unknown Soldier. I should read that.

Messi

Lovely :)

Saga31-Cvr-17fb8.jpg

I Love this arcs wicked and the divine covers

Have you all been reading Christopher Priest's series of interviews over at newsarama?

http://www.newsarama.com/25496-priest-looks-back-at-black-panther.html

http://www.newsarama.com/25506-priest-on-black-panther-pt-2.html

http://www.newsarama.com/25518-prie...-enemy-of-the-state-and-the-panther-film.html

All excerpts from the first interview.

That reminds me, I have 12 issues of Priest's Unknown Soldier. I should read that.

Christopher Priest is the coolest. When I was a teenager dreaming of a writing career, he came into my dad's store to buy a car. My dad told him how into comics I was and he sent me a huge box of DC comics and a personalized guide on how to break into the industry, as well as one of his scripts for Justice League.

Anyway, I just started reading these but I'm sure I'll read all of it. Thanks for posting.

I love these figures so much :D

Only downside is that there are very few points of articulation, but the silver lining is that they look better because of that fact (since there aren't tons of joints mucking up the aesthetics).

those reasons are why I prefer statues over action figures

Though I did get that damian because how could you not

uhh comic books

uhh

marvel unlimited has proven to be quite the value!

FATALE: DELUXE EDITION, VOL. 2 HC
STORY: ED BRUBAKER
ART / COVER: SEAN PHILLIPS & ELIZABETH BREITWEISER
NOVEMBER 11 / 432 PAGES / FC / M / $49.99

Yesssss

Walking Dead speculation:
What if Rick recruits Negan to help him take care of Alpha and Negan fails, ends up dead? That'd be a cool twist on what could otherwise be a predictable arc

Zombine

Banned
What if Rick recruits Negan to help him take care of Alpha and Negan fails, ends up dead? That'd be a cool twist on what could otherwise be a predictable arc

I'm not completely sure that this arc will be that predictable. I'm sensing some huge shake ups. I think we're absolutely going to have some major group re-formations though. I still think that Michonne will bite the big one, and both camps will be destroyed. Rick's reign is pretty much over. I think he'll be getting killed soon.

I find that that would be predictable lol unless you mean
that Rick let's the fucker die instead of Negan sacrificing himself or something.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
For the trade waiters:
*Black Science OHC solicit*

FATALE: DELUXE EDITION, VOL. 2 HC
STORY: ED BRUBAKER
ART / COVER: SEAN PHILLIPS & ELIZABETH BREITWEISER
NOVEMBER 11 / 432 PAGES / FC / M / $49.99

Yesssss

Wooooooooooooooooooo!

those reasons are why I prefer statues over action figures

Though I did get that damian because how could you not

Yeah, that Damian is by far the best Damian in statue or action figure form. I really wanted to like the Kotobukiya Damian statue, but it just isn't quite right. He looks too old and too serious.

Christopher Priest is the coolest. When I was a teenager dreaming of a writing career, he came into my dad's store to buy a car. My dad told him how into comics I was and he sent me a huge box of DC comics and a personalized guide on how to break into the industry, as well as one of his scripts for Justice League.

Anyway, I just started reading these but I'm sure I'll read all of it. Thanks for posting.
Wait so how do I do it

Owzers

I haven't read a single Black Science issue of the 16 i have in my flop stack. Buy the OHC and sell the stack after reading an issue or two? It will be a long wait for the second OHC though, which i hate.

That's fucking incredible. Thanks for sharing.

Messi

I haven't read a single Black Science issue of the 16 i have in my flop stack. Buy the OHC and sell the stack after reading an issue or two? It will be a long wait for the second OHC though, which i hate.

You won't read the singles regardless of the OHC wait. Sell the singles. If you didn't read them by now you won't start now.

Splatt

I don't know how to write "cool story bro" unironically but I'll write it anyway.

Damn cool story

Top Bottom