• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Owzers

my marvel monthlies look like:

Doctor Strange
Howard the Duck
Astonishing Ant-Man
Karnak

and maybe Ultimates.

I'm not really excited to read any of them. *waits for dcbs shipment to arrive so i can read walking dead* I don't know if it's worth buying any marvel book monthly over MU, do i care about being relatively up to date on those books? Do i care about the digital codes since i doubt any of them will be a favorite i go back to.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Just double-checking, everyone who read Morrison/Irving's Annihilator liked it a lot, right?
I remember hearing great things at least for the first couple issues, but I don't remember anything after that. Just making sure it didn't totally drop off in quality or something before I order it.

Just double-checking, everyone who read Morrison/Irving's Annihilator liked it a lot, right?
I remember hearing great things at least for the first couple issues, but I don't remember anything after that. Just making sure it didn't totally drop off in quality or something before I order it.

Reviews I've read just say it gets better.

I'll have it today so I can confirm or deny that later.

my marvel monthlies look like:

Doctor Strange
Howard the Duck
Astonishing Ant-Man
Karnak

and maybe Ultimates.

I'm not really excited to read any of them. *waits for dcbs shipment to arrive so i can read walking dead* I don't know if it's worth buying any marvel book monthly over MU, do i care about being relatively up to date on those books? Do i care about the digital codes since i doubt any of them will be a favorite i go back to.

Yeah, Karnak and Ultimates are my big ones as far as new books. Otherwise, I'm staying with my ongoings. Spider-Gwen, Silk, and Mighty Thor.

Kipp

Reviews I've read just say it gets better.

I'll have it today so I can confirm or deny that later.

Sweet, thanks.
I actually decided already that I'm going to delay it to another order since it's not on a special promo right now anyways and my order is already pretty big-ish. But I'm certainly going to get it soon.

Kipp

And ordered!
Got myself Ms. Marvel OHC, Bacchus Omnibus, Kabuki Library Edition, and Lil' Gotham Vol 1. Very excited.

Sweet, thanks.
I actually decided already that I'm going to delay it to another order since it's not on a special promo right now anyways and my order is already pretty big-ish. But I'm certainly going to get it soon.

I got it on Amazon because it was cheaper...

I might do a light IST order this week - couple of $10-11 tpbs. I should hold off the big purchases, like SiP and more Hellboy, till I pay off my new tablet.

Or is it?

Hehehehehehehehehe

You're going too far today, TOO FAR

MG310

Those hardcover plus animated movie sets are super cheap. Batman: Year One for $9.45. Might grab that, Wonder Woman Omnibus and that Typhoid Mary trade.

Have to look into what's in that mid-90's Daredevil Epic Collection TPB they just put out too.

I just skimmed the Marvel solicits

Did they give up on $2.99 comics?

DRAWING THE LINE AT $5.99

I only grabbed a few things from IST

NAMES TP (MR)
EMPOWERED TP VOL 09
SENRAN KAGURA OFF DESIGN WORKS SC (MR)

I have to get something next week anyway, so I'll pick up some more odds and ends I've been meaning to get then.

Im a huge DC fan, but in the last few months im trying to read the Marvel event Secret Wars...but holy....im so confuse, does anyone else please say the reading order or a site that contains a reading order???

Secret Wars, Battleworld, Warzone, Last Days...jesus i dont even know where to start.

Been reeding the Superman comics, the Truth arc is not so bad, and the whole SuperMan with no powers is not so bad also, my problem is Romita jr still on the SuperMan comics, i really dont like his work.

Grayson is really my favourite DC comic right know i really like that spy/super hero angle.
I also been liking the Red Hood/Arsenal comic.

ZBvA3Zy.png

Yep.

Is Ms Marvel really 4.99?

Loooool

I was actually working my way up to reading these monthly because $3 isn't so bad, but this is stupid. I'm done. Trade, sales, or I'm just not buying.

EDIT: OK I jumped the gun, looks like an oversized issue. I still won't be buying at $3.99. Probably.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Secret Wars, Battleworld, Warzone, Last Days...jesus i dont even know where to start.

Last days you can skip unless you were already reading those series.

The differences between Battlewold and Warzone books is minimal as far as I can tell. Just pick the ones that seem interesting to you. Skip the rest.

Secret Wars is obviously the main story so you should probably read all those. :)

My personal Battleworld/Warzone favorites.

A-Force
Age of Apocalypse
Civil War
Infinity Gauntlet
Inhumans: Attilan Rising
Korvac Saga
Marvel Zombies
Red Skull
The Runaways
Secret Wars Journal 1 & 2
Siege
Squadron Sinister
Spider-Verse
Star Lord and Kitty Pryde
Thors

Yeah, Marvel hasn't jumped to $4.99 yet. Anything over $3.99 is a bigger book than normal. For now. I have no doubt they'll be pushing to $4.99 before long.

You can see by how quickly I believed it that I see this happening soon; hell, I honestly thought they were already doing it with books I don't read.

Wiseblade

So I bought the first few X-Men '92 through comixology but every time I download them I get an error message. I've tried deleting the issues and reinstalling the app, but neither has worked. Any way to report the error?

So I bought the first few X-Men '92 through comixology but every time I download them I get an error message. I've tried deleting the issues and reinstalling the app, but neither has worked. Any way to report the error?
Try contacting support regarding that, whether it's through email or Twitter.

Their twitter name is @cmxsupport I think

Even I would have to give up my Marvel monthlies at 4.99 (for a normal size issue).

That issue of Ms. Marvel is big so I'm fine with it, but I wish they'd lay off the larger, 4.99 books. There are too many of them.

Did a few of you guys say you had trouble getting Marvel digital codes when there was a problem? My copy of Lando had a shitty sticker and I couldn't see the entire code. Sent the Marvel Support Twitter account a message with a photo and they sent me a new code in like ten minutes. Pretty cool.

Bunch of collected Harley Quinn stuff on sale on comixology, anything worth reading in there?
Mad Love for sure

And I'm cutting most of my Marvel monthlies come ANAD. I'm only getting:
Squirrel Girl
Ant-Man
New Avengers
Venom Spaceknight
Maybe Karnak
And a Spider book. Not sure if it'll be Silk, Spidey, 2099, or Spider Gwen yet.

Top Bottom