• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

So, Rat Queens reads well month to month? I think I may do a quick catch up.

Going from Superior to Amazing is like driving your friends expensive sports car and going back to your parents mini van. Maybe the real answer to those who hate Superior is that Peter needs some new blood writing him.

Basically, but at least Superior was fresh because it was this new, ridiculous direction.

Yep, that's pretty much how it was always going to go. 52 might be a good option for reading next since it does follow Renee's story from here.

I was considering it, that and that one mini (forgot the name, something about a bible lol).

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Going from Superior to Amazing is like driving your friends expensive sports car and going back to your parents mini van. Maybe the real answer to those who hate Superior is that Peter needs some new blood writing him.
This is a theory I would support.

But guys, who cares about Spider-Man when there is Gran Morrison Batman around?

:D

Messi

So, Rat Queens reads well month to month? I think I may do a quick catch up.

Basically, but at least Superior was fresh because it was this new, ridiculous direction.

I was considering it, that and that one mini (forgot the name, something about a bible lol).

Lol Rat Queens hasn't been month to month for ages. It's had months worth of delays for each issue.

Wiseblade

Getting Slott off Spider-Man has long been a dream of mine. Who would I have replace him? Warren Ellis, maybe?

n1Eh4aZ.jpg

My birthday haul finally complete

Hellboy library volume 1-3
The Collector by Toppi
Borgias by Jodorowsky and Manara
Blacksad: A Silent Hell by Canales and Guarnido
Sex Criminals v 2 by fraction and Zdarsky
Black Science v 2 and 3 by Remender and Scalera (accidentally ordered 2 copies of v 2 so I'll send one back)
Luther Strode v 2 by Jordan and Moore
Saga v 4 by BKV and Staples
Zero v 3 and 4 by Kot and company
Rumble v 1 by Acurdi and Harren
Drifter v 1 by Brandon and Klein
Batman: Mad Love by Dini and Timm
Superman Secret Origin by Busiek and Immonen
Batgirl/Robin year one by Dixon, Martin and Pulido
Bloodspell by Dini and Quinones
Flex Mentallo by Morrison and Quietly
The Divine by Hanuka, Hanuka and Lavie

Hagi

Getting Slott off Spider-Man has long been a dream of mine. Who would I have replace him? Warren Ellis, maybe?

Eliis would only stay for like 6 issues but they would be 6 great issues I'm sure. I'm still waiting for Waid to get on Spidey, it's going to happen eventually I'm sure. I'd even read a Miles solo book penned by Waid and Miles bores me to tears.

It'll be Waid or Bendis.

I'd be fine with either, personally. Waid's BND stories were generally good, and Bendis, well, Ultimate Spider-Man speaks for itself.

I would have really liked Remender (Parker Labs doing weird science stuff!) or a more grounded take from, say, Fraction. Pity they're gone now.

Actually, where the hell is Spider-Men 2? They need to get on that.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'd be fine with either, personally. Waid's BND stories were generally good, and Bendis, well, Ultimate Spider-Man speaks for itself.

I would have really liked Remender (Parker Labs doing weird science stuff!) or a more grounded take from, say, Fraction. Pity they're gone now.

Bendis gives a shit about Old Peter, see Spider-Men. Peters role was pretty lame.
Waid it should be.

Lol Rat Queens hasn't been month to month for ages. It's had months worth of delays for each issue.

It will probably read better without the delays. If we could get another arc this year, that would be super.

Knowing our luck, Tess Fowler will get hit by lightning or something.

Well alright then, I don't have to read those trades immediately then lol

He is such a genius. I feel so bad that I didnt liked him all these time.

Yeah, he's incredible.

Eliis would only stay for like 6 issues but they would be 6 great issues I'm sure. I'm still waiting for Waid to get on Spidey, it's going to happen eventually I'm sure. I'd even read a Miles solo book penned by Waid and Miles bores me to tears.

The best 6 issues.

Owzers

Can i actually OHC wait image books? That's more than a year between reads, seems excessive and detrimental to the story.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
I'm going to give Doctor Strange a try and the new GoTG team book. How does the New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers and Extraordinary X-men lineups look to everyone? I'm kinda interested in the mix on the New Avengers book and the same with Extraordinary X-men. I'm also looking at that Howling Commandos book. I remember Secret Warriors being a surprise hit for me and getting the same vibes from this.
I recently read "The Oath" and the Strange 2009 arc. The Oath was awesome as fuck, but I wasn't crazy about 2009. If anyone else can recommend more Strange on the level of Oath, I'm all ears.

Also, can you dudes recommend the essential Captain America arcs?

Remender doing crazy Black Science esque stories with Spider-Man. Now I'm sad theres less of chance of it ever happening.

Mafro

I recently read "The Oath" and the Strange 2009 arc. The Oath was awesome as fuck, but I wasn't crazy about 2009. If anyone else can recommend more Strange on the level of Oath, I'm all ears.

Also, can you dudes recommend the essential Captain America arcs?
New Avengers Annual #1 from last year was a really good Dr. Strange story. The art was amazing too.

You uh.... you sure bought a lot of comics, there. Do you already own the first Blacksad collection? I found those to be my favorite stories so far.

230 dollars worth of comics!

I have the other two volumes of Blacksad. The first one is spectacular but the third is pretty average story wise. I heard A Silent Hell was better than Amarillo so I got it.

I'd like to see Rucka, Waid or David. I hope it's not Bendis on Spidey after Slott leaves, he can stick to Miles.

If it makes you more at ease, Bendis has said he doesnt have interest in writing the main Spider-Man. Ultimate Spider-Man was his Spider-Man story so he doesnt feel he has to get on the main Spider-Man title

Just finished the last volume of Gotham Central...

Jesus Christ, that's some heavy shit.

What's next if I wanna pursue some of those plotlines? I know Montoya ends up The Question in 52, so that's definitely next up, but does
Corrigan
get what's coming to him ever?

What's next if I wanna pursue some of those plotlines? I know Montoya ends up The Question in 52, so that's definitely next up, but does
Corrigan

Dude I just finished it about an hour ago.

I can't deal with it.

Corrigan

The answer is yes.

Top Bottom