• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

I just did a quick count. There are 10+ books at the $5-$6 range from Marvel in both October and November. They are all oversized books but that's too much. That's going to keep me from trying some of the books on my "maybe" list. Sorry Wolverine, sorry Web Warriors.

Owzers

I don't give cape books the benefit of the doubt like i do creator owned. When i see extra page counts for first issues i just assume unnecessary bullshit to get more money from me upfront before i know if i like the book or not.

Ponn

Banned
I'm going to give Doctor Strange a try and the new GoTG team book. How does the New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers and Extraordinary X-men lineups look to everyone? I'm kinda interested in the mix on the New Avengers book and the same with Extraordinary X-men. I'm also looking at that Howling Commandos book. I remember Secret Warriors being a surprise hit for me and getting the same vibes from this.

Wiseblade

NuThor Vol. 1

I liked this way more than I thought I would. Thor: GoT kind of fell off a cliff for me after the whole god butcher thing, but my general weakness for "how do I shot Web?" shenanigans kept me firmly interested here.

That panel of OGThor writing a list of possible Mjolnir bearers was hilarious. I hope totally -not-Jane-Foster gets her own hammer in AND. Nothing would make me happier than having three Thor and like, SEVEN Spiders running around.

Last days you can skip unless you were already reading those series.

The differences between Battlewold and Warzone books is minimal as far as I can tell. Just pick the ones that seem interesting to you. Skip the rest.

Secret Wars is obviously the main story so you should probably read all those. :)

My personal Battleworld/Warzone favorites.

A-Force
Age of Apocalypse
Civil War
Infinity Gauntlet
Inhumans: Attilan Rising
Korvac Saga
Marvel Zombies
Red Skull
The Runaways
Secret Wars Journal 1 & 2
Siege
Squadron Sinister
Spider-Verse
Star Lord and Kitty Pryde
Thors

Thanks for the answer.

I think i will pass Last Days then...only if they have about a char i like will read that

Will pick some Battlewold comics and some Warzone comics. And will read all Secret Wars, hope is not too confuse.

NuThor Vol. 1

I liked this way more than I thought I would. Thor: GoT kind of fell off a cliff for me after the whole god butcher thing, but my general weakness for "how do I shot Web?" shenanigans kept me firmly interested here.

That panel of OGThor writing a list of possible Mjolnir bearers was hilarious. I hope totally -not-Jane-Foster gets her own hammer in AND. Nothing would make me happier than having three Thor and like, SEVEN Spiders running around.

Regarding the new Thor,
I think she is going to die from her cancer during the run. They wouldn't have brought that up at the end of the series if they weren't going to do something with it. Possibly when the Asgardian civil war starts another Ragnarok, we haven't had one for awhile now.

Either way, it's all temporary anyway. The new Thor movie is only two years away or so.

Dammit, Marvel. =(

Wiseblade

Regarding the new Thor,
I think she is going to die from her cancer during the run. They wouldn't have brought that up at the end of the series if they weren't going to do something with it. Possibly when the Asgardian civil war starts another Ragnarok, we haven't had one for awhile now.

Either way, it's all temporary anyway. The new Thor movie is only two years away or so.

Dammit, Marvel. =(

Why did I click that spoiler? The sickly looking arm when she was losing the thunder powers vs the frost giants gave it away (and well, OF COURSE it would be her) but I didn't know.

Messi

Regarding the new Thor,

Dammit, Marvel. =(

God that depresses me greatly :(

Wiseblade

1) Otto was failing at everything he put his hand to but was too busy believing his own hype to notice. Reading a self destructive spiral can be entertaining, but not for 18 months.

2) Everyone in the world was taking a double dose of stupid pills to fall for a brain switch post Secret Invasion.

3) One of the first things Otto decides to do is sleep with MJ. When he fails miserably, he settles for fapping to Peter's memory of her.

Superior Spider-Man read like a cruel and unusual punishment.

Messi

1) Otto was failing at everything he put his hand to but was too busy believing his own hype to notice. Reading a self destructive spiral can be entertaining, but not for 18 months.

2) Everyone in the world was taking a double dose of stupid pills to fall for a brain switch post Secret Invasion.

3) One of the first things Otto decides to do is sleep with MJ. When he fails miserably, he settles for fapping to Peter's memory of her.

Superior Spider-Man read like a cruel and unusual punishment.

I have problems with any of this. Especially this part.

I would buy that in a heartbeat.

I thought it was real for a second :(
I know right?
NuThor Vol. 1

Beta-Ray Bill doesn't have his own book tho

Squire

Banned
Regarding the new Thor,

Dammit, Marvel. =(

That isn't going to happen just because it's the most obvious plot move they could make.
Also, FalconCap will be like 12 issues in by the time CW hits. The movies do t really indicate anything being temporary.

Messi

That isn't going to happen just because it's the most obvious plot move they could make.
Also, FalconCap will be like 12 issues in by the time CW hits. The movies do t really indicate anything being temporary.

To be fair
Jane being Thor was the most obvious move and that didn't stop them doing it.

Wiseblade

eh I think it was a drive by post, messi.

no worries

HAKUNA MATATA
Oh no, I'm most definitely still here.
Nothing which is why he failed and he was always going to fail. I just loved seeing him be egotistical to the point of failure.
It was interesting seeing him fail miserably the first couple of times. But after nearly dying in the lab explosion mid-run, Otto should have cut his losses and worked on a way out. Instead, he doubled down on the charade and completely brushed off his "what would Peter do?" moment in the face of death. For a guy who was supposed to be a super genius, Otto was DENSE.

I pretty much always follow Occam's Razor with these kinds of stories

- She has cancer
- She has Mjolnir
- Her cancer gets worse when she uses Mjolnir
- She'll die from the cancer

I'd be pleasantly surprised to be wrong.

Not sure about Steve, but he'll be back as Cap eventually. Civil War's different because they can sell the actual Civil War book to people. They got rid of Bucky when First Avenger came out, and made Kot write that weird Bucky book when Winter Soldier came out, so who knows.

Going from Superior to Amazing is like driving your friends expensive sports car and going back to your parents mini van. Maybe the real answer to those who hate Superior is that Peter needs some new blood writing him.

Top Bottom