• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Who is Veronica Fish? Annie Wu is amazing, though.

No idea who Veronica Fish is, but she did some promotional art for the Riverdale TV series:
mBmyXKw.jpg

Owzers

Okay, yeah, Michael Deforge's Ant Colony is definitely up there as one of my favorite comics of all time. Just brilliant.
Please read this, people. Please.

i saw this movie called Antz and didn't like it so i assume i won't like this either since all ant stuff is the same.

I think the first episode of Mr. Robot knocked Tom Brady and the Hunger Games and i will not stand for this.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
i saw this movie called Antz and didn't like it so i assume i won't like this either since all ant stuff is the same.

I think the first episode of Mr. Robot knocked Tom Brady and the Hunger Games and i will not stand for this.

But that movie gave us the line "You da ant!" which is equally brilliant and terrible.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Holy shit. Guys. I just had a chance to read the first issue of Daredevil: The Man Without Fear.

That may have been one of the best examples of storytelling I've seen in a long, long time. It really blew me away. The text held so much depth in so little space. It was seriously poetic in spots.

Shit blew my mind. Is this what the show is based on? My Daredevil experience in life is entirely limited to Marvel Future Fight and The Trial of the Incredible Hulk.

Holy shit. Guys. I just had a chance to read the first issue of Daredevil: The Man Without Fear.

That may have been one of the best examples of storytelling I've seen in a long, long time. It really blew me away. The text held so much depth in so little space. It was seriously poetic in spots.

Shit blew my mind. Is this what the show is based on? My Daredevil experience in life is entirely limited to Marvel Future Fight and The Trial of the Incredible Hulk.

Daredevil's awesome. I need to read Miller's run still but I loved the runs by Bendis and Waid.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward

I need to re-read this. It was one of the first comics I read, so I didn't really have a grasp on what a good or bad comic was, so it was harder to appreciate good comics and especially good comic art. I read it and felt pretty "Meh" about it. So yeah, I need to re-read it sometime.

Yousefb

Yup.

It's weird, I kinda feel like the current JL storyline ought to be a full blown Crisis event. I mean, I'm glad it's not, but it's got that kind of power tier.
I think it's OK so far. Definitely liked Forever Evil more, but with that said I'm looking forward to the rest. I mean it's literally Batgod there lol

Sidenote: Have any of you guys read Daytripper? It looks really interesting and is available for pretty cheap.

Boogiepop

Yesssss! FINALLY beat that not-quite-Mike-Tyson sack of evil Mr. Dream. Many, many, years too late, I have played through this game. It was like 8 hours total, with 4 going to Mr. Dream, geeze.

Also, tomorrow night I return to my comics, which shall make posting on topic in here easier...

It does explain why comics-gaf is full of anime gifs though.

It's all Messi's fault. He did this. This may not be the ComicGAF we wanted, but it's the one we deserve.

All these late posts from Freeza, I feel like I time traveled backwards

I said I've been paying more attention to animu this week. At the end of the day I'll be like "oh yeah, CBR and Bleeding Cool are also websites that exist."

It's okay. I love Hickman, but this was just an arc that didn't have to be treated like an event.
It's amazing
Coincidentally, favorite fruit?
Apples. Specifically Granny Smith or Cortlands.
Best dialogue. Jesse McCartney for best voice actor
And of course, the GOAT cartoon based off an American comic gif

tumblr_nsv6xtqZuj1qa0nn8o1_400.gif
JL/JLU is a better show, personally. A:EMH really shits the bed at the end.
I still have a really high opinion of season 1, though. There were some really great episodes in there.
S1 has significantly more Wally, Billy, and Red Tornado. And Red Arrow. And Zatanna.

S1 is better.

I said I've been paying more attention to animu this week. At the end of the day I'll be like "oh yeah, CBR and Bleeding Cool are also websites that exist."

Priorities m8

Apples. Specifically Granny Smith or Cortlands.

JL/JLU is a better show, personally. A:EMH really shits the bed at the end.

mmmm yes goof apple choices, but then I knew your tastes were awesome already

I'm more partial to JL seasons 1 & 2, but I otherwise agree. The whole second season of EMH was kind of a slog.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I maxed it out when I bought mine for maximum comics. Although with the new CMX app changes my reason for downloading as much locally has deminished some

The GT twitch stream convinced me to try the COD beta. It's been a slow download.

I used to be huge into COD. Only games I played for about 6 years. BO3 is their last chance though. I'll be trying out the beta in a couple of hours.

Priorities m8

mmmm yes goof apple choices, but then I knew your tastes were awesome already

I'm more partial to JL seasons 1 & 2, but I otherwise agree. The whole second season of EMH was kind of a slog.

It was great until the Secret Invasion arc finished. Hank's transformation to Yellowjacket was terribly treated, the Kree plotline was a bit rushed, and my biggest problem was the "substitute Avengers." Mostly because it only lasted an episode, but another reason was the actual team, for several reasons:

1) Luke Cage and Iron Fist only had interactions with Hank, who at the time had resigned from the group.

2) Wolverine had never appeared in the show, though his entrance and participation was super sick. Though technically The Hulk vs. Wolverine is supposed to be treated as a prequel, which means Wolvie fought with Hulk, which means him being an Avenger makes less sense.

3) Why is only Ben Grimm part of the team as an honorary Avenger? Supposedly they summoned all the honorary Avengers, so why not Ben?

4) Black Widow just disappearing. She played a huge role with the HYDRA arc, then just disappeared. Mockingbird could have been an honorary.

Overall a lot of unfulfilled arcs altogether. The huge build up to Surtur will never get payoff. THEY INTRODUCED BETA RAY BILL FOR THAT, DAMN IT! Also, Galactus out of nowhere.

They were clearly working towards a much larger, cosmic arc for the next season. Introducing the Guardians and SWORD, Surtur, arcs pushing both the Kree and Skrull, and Galactus was being pushed slightly. Carol Danvers as a part of the team.

Yousefb

Just read the first issues of Saga and Hellboy. Saga is definitely the weirdest comic I've read so far lol, but I'm loving the premise and creativity. Hellboy was cool but certainly feels like one issue is not enough to fully appreciate the world. All in all Im so glad I got these.

Just read the first issues of Saga and Hellboy. Saga is definitely the weirdest comic I've read so far lol, but I'm loving the premise and creativity. Hellboy was cool but certainly feels like one issue is not enough to fully appreciate the world. All in all Im so glad I got these.

If Saga is weird you absolutely MUST read God Hates Astronauts.

Top Bottom