• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Valiant November Solicits

Including some $1 reprints for X-O and The Valiant. Not including Rai :(

Might have to get that The Valiant OHC.

Ivar continues to have THE BEST covers

V1ELdRf.jpg

6LIiqrI.jpg

SRG01

Just got to say that Loki Agent of Asgard turned out to be more poignant than X-Men: Legacy. Wow. What an amazing series. Will there be a new Loki #1 after Secret Wars?

ElNarez

Banned
Just got to say that Loki Agent of Asgard turned out to be more poignant than X-Men: Legacy. Wow. What an amazing series. Will there be a new Loki #1 after Secret Wars?

It's the last Loki we'll get in a while, but he's on that giant Thor wraparound cover, so who knows really. I'm fine with it. The story's been told. He's in a good place for a while.

James Bond #1 out in November (IIRC)

Anyone else getting it?

I'll wait for a bundle, I think. Seems sensible with Dynamite stuff.

Can't wait to read that later. Better than X-Men Legacy, you say? That sounds really, really good.

Got the Graphic Audio adaptation of Ms. Marvel: No Normal (well, and Doctor Who: The Sixth Doctor's Last Adventure) in addition to comics this week. Only two discs which seems a bit short, but still, I love GA's comics adaptations so this should be good. Hopefully this does well so we can get the rest of the series.

So I found out that I actually have read a Nocenti story, and it was pretty good: Inhumans By Right of Birth.
Which Infinity series is that?
Over the years I was of the acceptance that the inhumans couldn't hold a book all their own and hardly anyone gives a crap about them :p
Marvel trying to shove them down our throats as the X-Men replacements isn't really helping too.
I don't see how they're shoving them down our throats as X-Men replacements. I'm sorry, maybe I'm stupid or too much of a fanboy, but I don't. We've got how many X-books out, not only now, but also coming out with ANAD? A lot more than Inhumans. If you're referring to the MCU, well no shit. They can't use mutants, so they use every possible thing that they can to substitute for it, but that's exactly where the bigger problem lies.

The problem with why "no one gives a crap about the Inhumans" is because everyone sees them as just "X-Men but different." The thing is, they can be far more than that, and they easily have their own unique premise, but Marvel doesn't seem to get that, so instead they continue to push them as "X-Men but different." They're not, though, and that's important.

I've said it before, but Inhumans should effectively be cosmic Game of Thrones. Their Kree origins, combined with multiple factions and castes, combined with its own cast of characters...there's literally no reason why this can't happen, but for some reason Marvel is insistent on playing up the most basic interpretation (X-men but different). With its own cast of characters and mythos, it has everything a standalone series should work, but yet they can't seem to get it right. It's upsetting, to me at least.I know most people don't give a shit, and I'm one of the few, if not the only one in this particular community who actually likes the Inhumans and wants them to be successful. Hopefully Karnak and Uncanny Inhumans can achieve that, but I doubt it. Apparently, Fraction left (or got booted off) Inhuman because he had some super big, cool idea and pitched it and the editorial rejected it. I have no idea what this pitch is, though, so I have no idea what his plan actually was. I'd like to, but I don't.

Trust me when I say that no one is more upset about how Marvel has been treating this property more than me.
Valiant November Solicits

Including some $1 reprints for X-O and Archer & Armstrong. Not including Rai :(

Might have to get that The Valiant OHC.

Ivar continues to have THE BEST covers

Gotta get dat Ivar

Can't quite decide if The Borgias is a comedy book.

Yes it does. I was surprised my daughter did not like the issue very much as it was one of my favorites.

Imma go out on a leg that what she enjoys is SG's cast of characters and their hijinx, so the fun we derive from the book's use of outside characters was mostly lost on her.

I mean, it was the best SG book since she punked galactus/kraven, but those spent a whole ish setting them up.

Them deadpool cards should've seen more use.

Imma go out on a leg that what she enjoys is SG's cast of characters and their hijinx, so the fun we derive from the book's use of outside characters was mostly lost on her.

I mean, it was the best SG book since she punked galactus/kraven, but those spent a whole ish setting them up.

Them deadpool cards should've seen more use.

I'm sure you're right but c'mon....
Cat Thor.
It's rare I laugh out loud at a comic but that had me rolling

Messi

Al Ewing is writing all the books so his Loki probably isn't going away for very long if at all.

Aaron said he was keeping his Loki story for the right time and this Relaunch is the right time. Next arc is about Loki.

Loki hasn't been in that book yet I'm fairly sure. On purpose.

It's all well and good that Loki will be featured in the new Thor book and possibly Ultimates, but his solo book has been one of my favorite things in the Marvel U since issue 1. It will be missed.

Sou Da

Anybody read Secret Love yet? Would love an impression or two...

Yes it does. I was surprised my daughter did not like the issue very much as it was one of my favorites.

:(
I did. I loved every story in it, the Big Two need more romance books.

The Misty Knight story was arguably better than the Kamala one, the Kamala one was worth it for the reactions at my LCS though.

SRG01

Reminding Loki stans once again that Squirrel-Girl #8 features Ewing's Loki proeminently, and makes terrific use of the character.

Loki was in Ms. Marvel too!

Good chance he'll be in Ultimates.

Wait, what? Really? He isn't on the cover though, is he?

Can't wait to read that later. Better than X-Men Legacy, you say? That sounds really, really good.

If you like fun and character development, you'll love this book.

Sou Da

I'm reading House of M #1 right now and I find myself wondering...have any of the characters on Battleworld expressed awareness of their own alternate versions? Everyone knows about the Thors, and most realms seem aware of other domains beyond their borders, but I can't think of anyone talking about or confronting some other version of themselves, except sort of in Old Man Logan when
the X-team OML encounters talks about their own Wolverine and seems confused about this new Logan.

This seems a little off to me.

Wait is this sarcasm? I made sure to spoiler it :/

You have to link it for the folks on mobile. Hopefully that gets fixed soon.

It just seems to be a hole in their genre line-up, they have almost everything else covered.

It's true, but as I can just go over to another publisher to get those kinds of books, I don't think they necessarily need more of them. Also, they would likely be short-lived; I don't see those kinds of books selling much on any label. At the very least, other publishers make their business plans around that when they publish these books.

I'm reading House of M #1 right now and I find myself wondering...have any of the characters on Battleworld expressed awareness of their own alternate versions? Everyone knows about the Thors, and most realms seem aware of other domains beyond their borders, but I can't think of anyone talking about or confronting some other version of themselves, except sort of in Old Man Logan when
the X-team OML encounters talks about their own Wolverine and seems confused about this new Logan.

Thors, Iron Mans, Hulks. Plenty.

I mean, ain't exactly a hard concept to understand.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I picked up Archie 2 and hot damn the cover is beautiful.

One of my favourites of all time. So beautiful.

ReAxion

I'm reading House of M #1 right now and I find myself wondering...have any of the characters on Battleworld expressed awareness of their own alternate versions? Everyone knows about the Thors, and most realms seem aware of other realms beyond their borders, but I can't think of anyone talking about or confronting some other version of themselves, except sort of in Old Man Logan when

Yes. It's been happening, but as you know, they're not allowed to travel, so it's not widespread.

Top Bottom