• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
The issue was a bit disjointed imo, like considering the backstory why does Archie call him that?

Didn't read it yet, will read it tonight. I just really love the cover. Really really love it.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I wasn't talking about you. I know you read them. My issue is with those who haven't read any of his work but are critical because it's the cool thing to do.

I'm not sure if I'm in the hater group you're speaking of, but for what it's worth, I got the book from the library with every intention to enjoy it, having no reason to want to be cool by hating it or something, but I just couldn't stand his writing. I completely understand that my opinion is in the minority since so many people dig TWD, so I'd never try to convince anyone not to read it just because I don't happen to like it. But yeah, that's where I stand on that. I do really wish I enjoyed it as much as you do though, since it seems like it'd be an epic ride.

IIRC it's like that whole volume and yeeeeah, wasn't for me. There was like one really nice chapter IIRC, but for the most part I just wasn't feeling it and it was definitely a long one.

Uuuugh. Oh well. I'll power through it today. Like I said, I don't hate it by any means, but for how good the rest of Delano's run on Hellblazer has been, this arc is a big letdown.

Zombine

Banned
I'm not sure if I'm in the hater group you're speaking of, but for what it's worth, I got the book from the library with every intention to enjoy it, having no reason to want to be cool by hating it or something, but I just couldn't stand his writing. I completely understand that my opinion is in the minority since so many people dig TWD, so I'd never try to convince anyone not to read it just because I don't happen to like it. But yeah, that's where I stand on that. I do really wish I enjoyed it as much as you do though, since it seems like it'd be an epic ride.

sirens.gif
sirens.gif
sirens.gif
Hater Alert
sirens.gif
sirens.gif
sirens.gif

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Weirdworld was as beautiful as ever this week.

The art in Archie is still great, but I do agree it's a little strange that Archie calls him Jughead
if it's an insult

Runaways still isn't quite what I would like it to be, but I'm glad the brand isn't dead.

I liked 1872 more this issue than I did the first one.

Sou Da

Weirdworld was as beautiful as ever this week.

The art in Archie is still great, but I do agree it's a little strange that Archie calls him Jughead
if it's an insult

Runaways still isn't quite what I would like it to be, but I'm glad the brand isn't dead.

I liked 1872 more this issue than I did the first one.

Did Steve dirty. And yeah between the
dark backstory
and flaming ice cream hinjinx, Archie was a bit odd.

Yoo MGS V is less than two weeks! The final Official MGS game. Destiny TTK is looking hype, Mario maker looks fun as hell, even COD beta is impressing me. And Battlefront? I don't even enjoy multiplayer games and that's a must have. I think we're coming up on an awesome end of the year for gaming.

P.S. Persona 5!!

Yoo MGS V is less than two weeks! The final Official MGS game. Destiny TTK is looking hype, Mario maker looks fun as hell, even COD beta is impressing me. And Battlefront? I don't even enjoy multiplayer games and that's a must have. I think we're coming up on an awesome end of the year for gaming.

P.S. Persona 5!!

Dude
Type 0 hd and Zombi came out yesterday
Velocity 2 hits today
Shadowrun Hong Dong tomorrow

august was supposed to be a barren wasteland, and suddenly we packed.

Dude
Type 0 hd and Zombi came out yesterday
Velocity 2 hits today
Shadowrun Hong Dong tomorrow

august was supposed to be a barren wasteland, and suddenly we packed.
Yea. I think we're finally getting our "next gen starts now" year. These usually show up a year after launch. This time it took an extra year.

Hyyype

Savitar

Doomsday's original design was pretty neat, and when I heard about the concept, I thought I might give it a shot, but I have no idea how the hell this is supposed to be Doomsday:

sample-cover_CMYK_Doom_580_54d444ba52acf7.23772685.jpg

Wait THIS is actually Doomsday now?!

I thought it was just a title called Doomed with a generic monster character.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
They added the Eberron trade to the D&D bundle!

xzI9mAy.gif

Can you tell me more about that bundle? I have almost 0 knowledge of that stuff. Good reads? Are they all stories or are any game book lore things included? Help me.

Can you tell me more about that bundle? I have almost 0 knowledge of that stuff. Good reads? Are they all stories or are any game book lore things included? Help me.

All stories, the newer books have some 4E and 5E content.

Well worth spending a buck for the main IDW D&D series (three trades, "Shadowplague", "First Encounters" and "Down") and the Legends of Baldur's Gate trade.

I paid the full $12 for the full collection because I am a crazy person, but I'm actually looking forward to digging into the Classics series. The Faerun series has Rags Morales on art, so it can't be all bad.

Mudcrab

Were the previous ones particularly good? Think i've invested all of five minutes into Returns and never touched Dragonfall.

There's your problem. Returns had a lot of missteps that Dragonfall fixed. Some of the best turnbased strategy in years and a decent narrative to boot. Hong Kong looks to improve it even further which is damn hype.

Also HBS is going to Kickstart a Battletech tbs game which I expect all of you to support when it happens.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Did Steve dirty. And yeah between the
dark backstory
and flaming ice cream hinjinx, Archie was a bit odd.

I actually loved the ice cream bit. I didn't really know anything about old Archie outside of the central love triangle and a lot of the names, so I don't know what's new and what's returning, but I love the idea that Archie is terrible at everything.

Were the previous ones particularly good? Think i've invested all of five minutes into Returns and never touched Dragonfall.

Dead Man's Switch (the first campaign) was pretty mediocre. Dragonfall, though... Dragonfall was probably the best CRPG to come out that year, and that was a really good year for CRPGs. Just top notch writing, encounter design, everything. Director's Cut makes it even better, elevates it to unstoppable tier.

Top Bottom