• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Sou Da

There's your problem. Returns had a lot of missteps that Dragonfall fixed. Some of the best turnbased strategy in years and a decent narrative to boot. Hong Kong looks to improve it even further which is damn hype.

Also HBS is going to Kickstart a Battletech tbs game which I expect all of you to support when it happens.

I'll probably check out Battletech but Returns soured me on Dragonfall. I wasn't invested in anything and the dialogue was mostly three different ways to say the same thing, the MMO looked more mechanically complex than Returns.

Any reason to play Dead Man's before Dragonfall, then? Cuz from the way you both say it, if i do play DF first, looks like i'll never be able to play DMS, since the former is such an upgrade.

I'll probably check out Battletech but Returns soured me on Dragonfall. I wasn't invested in anything and the dialogue was mostly three different ways to say the same thing, the MMO looked more mechanically complex than Returns.

Really, it's an entirely superior animal. DMS pales in comparison.

Any reason to play Dead Man's before Dragonfall, then? Cuz from the way you both say it, if i do play DF first, looks like i'll never be able to play DMS, since the former is such an upgrade.

Honestly, if you've already tried it and it didn't click, I wouldn't bother. The story's nothing to write home about, and you may as well proceed straight to the good stuff.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I love these figures so much :D

oijxjq5.jpg
bVIybYs.jpg

I think I might have to also get the Harley figure after all.
Fake edit: In the middle of writing this post, I checked Amazon and noticed that Amazon Warehouse had one with damaged packaging for $8.50. Boom. Purchased. Aww yes. :D
You're welcome, Messi.

Messi

I love these figures so much :D

I think I might have to also get the Harley figure after all.
Fake edit: In the middle of writing this post, I checked Amazon and noticed that Amazon Warehouse had one with damaged packaging for $8.50. Boom. Purchased. Aww yes. :D
You're welcome, Messi.

One of us one of us one of us

Cheska

Archie #2 continued to deliver. I am going to miss Fiona so much on this book ;_;

Rat Queens #11 was okay. Same great humor, but the release schedule for this book is brutal. And I don't quite like Fowler's art as much as Sejics, which I honestly thought was perfect for the theme of the book.

Really? I could have sworn that was the right event.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the new Secret Wars version, that came out today. Talking about Secret Wars can be confusing.

I think I had event fatigue going into this book. Or maybe it just wasn't different enough from the original House of M. I dunno. I kinda want to stick with it because the last page twist is pretty interesting. I suppose I probably will.

Wiseblade

Oh, I thought you were talking about the new Secret Wars version, that came out today. Talking about Secret Wars can be confusing.

I think I had event fatigue going into this book. Or maybe it just wasn't different enough from the original House of M. I dunno. I kinda want to stick with it because the last page twist is pretty interesting. I suppose I probably will.
I thought you were talking about the original event since it'son sale on Comixology. How would House of M even work in a Battleworld context?

Messi

Archie #2 continued to deliver. I am going to miss Fiona so much on this book ;_;

Rat Queens #11 was okay. Same great humor, but the release schedule for this book is brutal. And I don't quite like Fowler's art as much as Sejics, which I honestly thought was perfect for the theme of the book.

Sejic was the reason the schedule went to shit the second time. He got really sick :(. Hopefully Tess is consistent.

I thought you were talking about the original event since it'son sale on Comixology. How would House of M even work in a Battleworld context?

Pretty much the way you would think.

(Heavy setting spoilers, but no plot spoilers)
Magneto is the baron of Genosha. He has more or less eradicated the human resistance. Wolverine and the rest of the mutants are good soldiers, with three notable exceptions. Basically it's like House of M - the original event - except things are running smoothly.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Personally I preferred Upchurch to Sejic.

ElNarez

Banned
Am I crazy or is Martian Manhunter the best book DC has going right now?

It is so unapolegetic about how weird it is. I'm not even sure I completely understood what happened in the issue. And I love it. I love how gross it gets, I love its intergalactic conspiracy thriller horror vibe, and I love how it gets to this very interesting take on the american paranoid mindset.

I don't know if it's the best -I think Grayson and The Omega Men have it beat in terms of sheer confidence and style- but it's wayyyy up there.

Tizoc

Pre-ordered Preist's Black Panther TPBs Vol. 1 and 2.

By my b-day I'm hoping the IDW TMNT ultimate collection Vol. 1 and TMNT Classics Vol. 1 go for cheap prices too :p

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Reading All Access... My god, Superman is a looser, Clark almost loses against Venom... Cant wait for the secnd Issue, Robins + Jubilee sounds like something I want to read :D

Top Bottom