• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

are ya'll gonna recommend Femmeworth Astonishing X-Men yet or nah

I mean she gon hate it anyway, but lets just get to it
Tizoc did.
quicksilver-and-scarlet-witch-marvel-s-5-creepiest-love-affairs-025e8489-9e73-49d6-bf9e-bcb23bb905c4-jpeg-145872.jpg
Forget I asked.

Is Ultimate X-Men one of the bad Ultimate series? I vaguely recall something about Ultimate Spider-Man being the only good one.
I never liked it. Millar's writing of magneto was so bad. Now ultimate comics xmen did get good at the end when the universe was so messed up and broken they let Woods do his own thing.

Savitar

Happy birthday asurus.

May you eat many and consume their souls until all fall under your terrible terrible gaze.

Bii

Habby birthday Freeza! I celebrate your birthday by reading some comics!

Finished Southern Bastard, Vol 1. I like this! The ending was expected but I was hoping it didn't happen that way. I do have Vol. 2 so I'll get to that soon.
Weirdworld #1, I didn't know Del Mundo was the artist on this. I skipped on #2 but now I'll have to get it when I go back to my LCS.
Low #8, as always, so beautiful.

I maxed out my vacation hours, again, for the upteenth time this year. And this was after I had taken a whole week off for SDCC. Now I have to take time off more frequently unless I want to work for "free". Gotta take a day off every week just to stay under. #FirstWorldProblems

Zombine

Banned
Habby birthday Freeza! I celebrate your birthday by reading some comics!

Finished Southern Bastard, Vol 1. I like this! The ending was expected but I was hoping it didn't happen that way. I do have Vol. 2 so I'll get to that soon.
Weirdworld #1, I didn't know Del Mundo was the artist on this. I skipped on #2 but now I'll have to get it when I go back to my LCS.
Low #8, as always, so beautiful.

I maxed out my vacation hours, again, for the upteenth time this year. And this was after I had taken a whole week off for SDCC. Now I have to take time off more frequently unless I want to work for "free". Gotta take a day off every week just to stay under. #FirstWorldProblems

And ya'll say I brag about shit.

In SOTN I got this weapon called Crissaegrim. This thing is amazing. Wide attack, multi hit on one button, great damage. This thing is so OP. It's great. Never got this on previous playthrough. I'm like strider in this game now

Calcium

Banned
In SOTN I got this weapon called Crissaegrim. This thing is amazing. Wide attack, multi hit on one button, great damage. This thing is so OP. It's great. Never got this on previous playthrough. I'm like strider in this game now

Crissaegrim? Never heard of it. I'll have to investigate this immediately.

Edit: Just looked it up - daaaaamn.

One of the most OP non-cheats/NG+ weapons of all-time.

Just looked that up. So OP. I never got that on either of my playthroughs.

Wonder Woman #24-#35: All through the third part of the run, I kept telling myself that this was awesome. Some great moments (
follow me as the God of War!
) and all the threads came together very well. I had two issues left and I told myself that Azarello/Chiang were doing what Snyder/Capullo had trouble with. Writing a great ending. Then I read #35. Wut? That's the kind of last issue a cancelled TV series gets. There needed to be at least two more issues to let us know what the status quo would be and to tie up all the loose ends.

Except for that last bit, a pretty good series. Not Doom Patrol/Starman tier in my ratings, but up there with Waid Daredevil.

Just looked that up. So OP. I never got that on either of my playthroughs.
It is. I just wrecked a boss with no effort. I'm mowing down every enemy with one hit. This is so broken, so fun.

Edit: just got alucards sword..used it once and went right back to the other blade. I also got nauglamir which does defense +15. I've gotten some good drops!

Which reminds me that Capcom should really do another stridervania asap.

It's pretty silly. Certainly a win button. But I still tend to feel the Alucard Shield is even more silly.

Dance of Pales is one of the best video game tracks of all time. I really dig Michiru Yamane.

No lies detected.

I only really know the stuff she's done for the Castlevania games, and that's been amazing. SOTN is one of those soundtracks that's haunted me all my life.

Tizoc

Is Ultimate X-Men one of the bad Ultimate series? I vaguely recall something about Ultimate Spider-Man being the only good one.

Ultimate X-Men was odd from what I've heard, multiple writers just did whatever with the characterization or some such, but I recall there being some good stuff in there.
I hadn't read it myself so I can't give much info sorry.

I can say thought that Ultimate Spiderman is fantastic and a must read.

That's from Ultimates 3 artbook by Joe Mad, not Ultimate X-Men.
Stop misinforming people, it's like being in an OT comics thread...

Wait.. another one? The last Strider was a Metroidvania?

What rock were you living under, it was released in 2014 and was among my GotY 2014.
Game isn't for everybody but I enjoyed it.

Messi

Guardians of Knowhere #1: Mike Deodato is a godamn wizard. Everything he does is amazing but holy shit this issue was beautiful. I love how he draws Angela, Gamora and Rocket. The story is typical bendis which I am sure turns most of you off. I found it enjoyable.

AsfaeksBR

Guardians of Knowhere #1: Mike Deodato is a godamn wizard. Everything he does is amazing but holy shit this issue was beautiful. I love how he draws Angela, Gamora and Rocket. The story is typical bendis which I am sure turns most of you off. I found it enjoyable.

I want to read it after Fear Agent. What's so off-putting about Bendis?

Tizoc

I want to read it after Fear Agent. What's so off-putting about Bendis?

Bendis has done good Marvel stuff, always keep that in mind.
But not all of his Marvel work is good, chief among them is GotG run, primarly as his run disregards much of past characterization given to the characters by previous writers.

Also Bendis speak

FYI this is prob. not the worst example I could post :p

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

I liked the dialogue and art.

I've never read anything else from Bendis though so I don't know what typical Bendis is.

Ultimate X-Men was odd from what I've heard, multiple writers just did whatever with the characterization or some such, but I recall there being some good stuff in there.
I hadn't read it myself so I can't give much info sorry.

I can say thought that Ultimate Spiderman is fantastic and a must read.

That's from Ultimates 3 artbook by Joe Mad, not Ultimate X-Men.
Stop misinforming people, it's like being in an OT comics thread...

What rock were you living under, it was released in 2014 and was among my GotY 2014.
Game isn't for everybody but I enjoyed it.

As someone who just tried to read through the whole ultimate universe (got pretty far but ended up stopping at Ultimatum.) Ultimates 3 was awful, but a lot of people seem to think it introduced the pietro/Wanda incest, but that's not the case at all. It was pretty clear in almost all their ultimate appearances before that they had an incestuous relationship.

First two ultimates and ultimate Spiderman were excellent though !

Vibranium

Banned
Interesting final issue for Black Widow and I'm sad to see Noto off the book, but it reminds me how Edmondson didn't really craft something really memorable. Bucky just showed up a few times, watched out for Natasha with a sad face, and disappeared again. Once again, zero resolution on the crappy Brubaker mind wipe.

Waid and Samnee next, please. I'll pray to comic book gods for this to be true.

Sou Da

Wonder what he traced this time. I'll give him props though, he's one of the few guys to draw Rocket like an actual raccoon.

Tizoc

As someone who just tried to read through the whole ultimate universe (got pretty far but ended up stopping at Ultimatum.) Ultimates 3 was awful, but a lot of people seem to think it introduced the pietro/Wanda incest, but that's not the case at all. It was pretty clear in almost all their ultimate appearances before that they had an incestuous relationship.

First two ultimates and ultimate Spiderman were excellent though !

Ah thanks for clearing it up I was trying to remember if it was ever in the Ultimate-verse to begin with.
Honestly if it was it was prob. handled better by other writers :p

Action Comics #0, #9-#12, Annual #1: I have no idea what Morrison is trying to do or say here. Maybe he is building up to some big issue where he can cut through the knots with one stroke for a big reveal. But watching someone tying knots isn't that fun in itself. It is like watching a director spend 90% of the movie trying to fool the audience to setup the final twist reveal. I don't have the interest or enthusiasm to track down the third volume. Dropped.

So, Knowhere is back to being the severed head of a celestial...?

This is honestly the first time I've heard someone say nice things about Deodato in a long time. His work looks too cg for me. Ends up looking stiff. I'd say his backgrounds are impressive but... they also look like photos with phot filters or they look cg too.

Not sure what his process is

Tizoc

Action Comics #0, #9-#12, Annual #1: I have no idea what Morrison is trying to do or say here. Maybe he is building up to some big issue where he can cut through the knots with one stroke for a big reveal. But watching someone tying knots isn't that fun in itself. It is like watching a director spend 90% of the movie trying to fool the audience to setup the final twist reveal. I don't have the interest or enthusiasm to track down the third volume. Dropped.

Ah but what if the 3rd volume is what ties everything together and it all makes sense!
You don't just read mORRIson and then drop it, you gotta commit all the way to the end~

tim1138

Stopping short of that Krypto issue tho

Top Bottom