• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

I'm definitely gonna give Uncanny Inhumans a shot, and Karnak even though he's one of my least favorite Marvel characters of all time. Not sure about All-New just yet, though.

Going to read some more tomorrow, it's really fun you can absolutely tell that Fred Van Lente co-wrote Incredible Hercules this is basically a weird alternate reality version of that book lol.

Hercules is on my list just because of how awesome his Valiant stuff has been, but I would imagine Armstrong is a LOT like Hercules, even just looking at appearances.

Van Lente is the epitome of fun writing.

Busaiku

The art in Renew Your Vows was a disaster this week.
I wasn't too down on the previous issues like some others were, but yeesh, today was bad.
My issue was redeemed by glorious Mr. Murata.

They could put Grant Morrison and Fiona Staples on an Inhumans book and I wouldn't buy it. They're already coming close with Ellis on that Karnak book.

Yep, I would never buy a...
INHUMAN HC
Written by CHARLES SOULE
Penciled by JOE MADUREIRA, RYAN STEGMAN, PEPE LARRAZ & ANDRE ARAUJO
Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
Marvel’s newest heroes are born! The Terrigen Mist spread worldwide, triggering latent genes and transforming normal people into Inhumans! But as the mysterious Lash takes an unwanted interest in the new Inhumans and the newly transformed Flint’s world falls apart, Medusa finds herself ruling the Inhumans alone, her husband Black Bolt believed dead. When the Unspoken stages a coup, Flint and his fellow NuHumans must step up and embrace their destiny! Meanwhile, Black Bolt is alive, allied with his mad brother Maximus — but why? What is the Ennilux Corporation, and how does it affect the Inhumans’ future? Lash continues his recruitment drive, but what is his true agenda? And the scheming Lineage, lurking in the background since the beginning, finally shows his hand. All the complex threads come together for a truly Inhuman climax! Collecting INHUMAN #1-14 and ANNUAL #1.
344 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99
ISBN: 978-0-7851-9557-3
Trim size: oversized

Marvel has found my weak point.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
My ANAD pull list will probably look something like this.

These I'm pretty sold on.....

Deadpool
Deadpool/Spidey
The Ultimates
Extraordinary X-Men
Web Warriors
Sinister Silk
Howling Commandos
All-New Hawkeye

These books will be fighting for 2 remaining spots.......

A-Force
Deadpool/Cable
Angela
Spider Gwen
New Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
All New X-Men

Messi

My ANAD pull list will probably look something like this.

These I'm pretty sold on.....

Deadpool
Deadpool/Spidey
The Ultimates
Extraordinary X-Men
Web Warriors
Sinister Silk
Howling Commandos
All-New Hawkeye

These books will be fighting for 2 remaining spots.......

A-Force
Deadpool/Cable
Angela
Spider Gwen
New Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
All New X-Men

Sinister silk is the arc name.

Speaking of Silk. I loved today's cover.

Mudcrab

Captain Britain was great.
Squoosh 'em real good!

1872 is making me feel things...
Poor Sheriff Rodgers...

Weirdworld continues to be the dopest thing out there.
Man-Things!

Still need to read Secret Love and RYV, but today's tie-ins have been stellar so far.

Messi

Have any of the Secret Wars tie ins been real stinkers. I've read most of them and and they have all been bare minimum mildly entertaining. I didn't get Armour Wars. Was that the turkey?

Gazunta

Hey guys, what's the policy in this thread about plugging your own comics?

The first issue of my new series went up on Comixology today so I'm kinda excited by this but really don't need to be banned right now ><

Mudcrab

People say the latest Armor Wars was good but I gave up on it after the first issue. I'm also not into the X-book tie-ins at all so far (except E is for Extinction), though I wouldn't say they are terrible just meh.

Have any of the Secret Wars tie ins been real stinkers. I've read most of them and and they have all been bare minimum mildly entertaining. I didn't get Armour Wars. Was that the turkey?

I keep hearing Armour Wars got a lot better as it went along.

For me, X-tinction Agenda, Inferno, Last Days of Magneto, Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies (though I heard this one got better), Age of Apocalypse and Secret Wars 2099 were all stinkers. Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde didn't do much for me either but a lot of people seem to be enjoying it.

Oh, and of course....Ultimate End

Savitar

The first post wasn't asking that. The first post made a statement without reading the issues. Then the second post runs with it.

It's one of the biggest annoyances in this thread people posting misinformation and others running with it.

I asked because the first person made it sound like.

I didn't know, IT'S WHY I ASKED.

If you got a problem with people asking questions feel free to be annoyed because that's laughable.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

For me, X-tinction Agenda, Inferno, Last Days of Magneto, Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies (though I heard this one got better), Age of Apocalypse and Secret Wars 2099 were all stinkers. Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde didn't do much for me either but a lot of people seem to be enjoying it.

Ultimate End is such a turd. But it does keep the chain of no Ultimate Universe events being worth a damn. Hopefully the next issue will start to be less terrible now that
Miles is there

Hagi

I read the first issue of X-tinction Agenda and thought the set up was super dumb and just reinforced the fact that I think that Alex should be nowhere near a team leader position because he is super dumb

PsychBat!

Banned

Yeah, these are the books that are not doing anything for me either. Age of Ultron vs Marvel Zombies should be called something else at this point. I only read Inferno because I want to see how it ends.

BUT, even though I am against the pairing of Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde, I love the SW book.

Messi

Ultimate End is such a turd. But it does keep the chain of no Ultimate Universe events being worth a damn. Hopefully the next issue will start to be less terrible now that
Miles is there

I was so ready to write it off completely and then that last page...damn. One more issue then lol

You know what is impressive?

That this event has a lot of good (actual good) tie-ins. It's something I thought I'd never see.

Indeed. We will all look back during shitty events to come and wonder how Marvel ever pulled it off, that one time, with Secret Wars.

...And we'll wonder why we kept reading Ultimate End after issue 1.

Vyer

I think I'm the only one here that reads Manifest Destiny, but I really enjoy it. Monster movie/action adventure mash up with a few historical figures (or at least their namesakes) sprinkled in for flavor. The book/art does a nice job with all the beasties.

I'm also still reading Invincible. I think I still like it? I mean I guess I do. Shit I don't know

I think I'm the only one here that reads Manifest Destiny, but I really enjoy it. Monster movie/action adventure mash up with a few historical figures (or at least their namesakes) sprinkled in for flavor. The book/art does a nice job with all the beasties.

I keep meaning to get back to this one. Glad to hear it's still good.

Top Bottom