• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Immonen is over 9000. Bagley is Yamcha

Deadyamchafigure.jpg

Thumb_up_Yamcha_is_with_you_by_Jambaman.png

Who is chiaotzu

Pick any artist who has self destructed.

Tizoc

Immonen is over 9000. Bagley is Yamcha

Deadyamchafigure.jpg

OK now you done fucked up.
You
done
fucked
up

That is a disservice to Bagley, I remind you again that he was the artist on over 100 issues of Ultimate Spiderman

Has Immonen worked on any series for more than 20 issues consistently? Even if we're talking art style, what you posted is something abysmal to say about Bagley.
Even as a joke it's a stupid one.

Now if you were to compare Immonen to Greg Land, then yes GL would be Yamcha, and Immonen would be SSGSS Goku.

On to the final issue of Final Crisis. Still perplexing but I liked this panel.

VBAODEM.png

And finished. It was confusing but I can't say I didn't enjoy it. I think I preferred the Morrison Batman stories leading up to it though. Now to start the Batman and Robin trades.

Boogiepop

So, I finished reading Transformers: Drift: Empire of Stone last night. Yay for being able to read comics again! It was a fun little read, nothing too crazy but enjoyable enough.

Though more importantly, I had never seen Gigatron before this, and wooooow is that a ridiculous design!

Tizoc

On to the final issue of Final Crisis. Still perplexing but I liked this panel.

VBAODEM.png

And finished. It was confusing but I can't say I didn't enjoy it. I think I preferred the Morrison Batman stories leading up to it though. Now to start the Batman and Robin trades.

Eh It's Morrison, you gotta re-read it to fully understand/appreciate it.
Here's some cliff notes
Prior to the events of FC, Darkseid and his Apokolips Gods kill the New Genesis gods.
Apokolips Gods' souls survive inside humans and they aim to revive Darkseid and have him be reborn in Turpin's body.
Darkseid is reborn but his Resurrection cause the universe and reality to go haywire.
Basically ultimate god of evil being reborn on Earth just fucks up the with the laws of everything.

Anyways Supes gets recruited to stop an Evil Monitor from consuming the Multiverse, which makes things even worse.

Darkseid eventually takes over the world, Supes travels to the future and brings back with him a machine that he uses to stop Darkseid and then take out evil Monitor again to preserve the multiverse.

Also Batman cannot be mindfucked with, try that and you done fucked up.
Well almost-
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/804...2010/10/final-crisis-darkseid-batman-copy.jpg

Tizoc

So, I finished reading Transformers: Drift: Empire of Stone last night. Yay for being able to read comics again! It was a fun little read, nothing too crazy but enjoyable enough.

Though more importantly, I had never seen Gigatron before this, and wooooow is that a ridiculous design!

That's the 2001 Robots in Disguise Megatron-
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Megatron_(RID)#2001_Robots_in_Disguise_cartoon
Or rather since Megatron is always the villain in TF shows aired in the west, Gigatron was named Megatron in that show :p

You should see Deathsaurus
r0xiirA.jpg

:p

OK now you done fucked up.
You
done
fucked
up

That is a disservice to Bagley, I remind you again that he was the artist on over 100 issues of Ultimate Spiderman

Has Immonen worked on any series for more than 20 issues consistently? Even if we're talking art style, what you posted is something abysmal to say about Bagley.
Even as a joke it's a stupid one.

Now if you were to compare Immonen to Greg Land, then yes GL would be Yamcha, and Immonen would be SSGSS Goku.
Woooaaah chill out breh.

Yamcha is still a Z fighter

Have some goddamm respect for Yamcha.

I've nearly made it through 500 issues of Marvel's 616 universe (starting from FF #1) in a suggested reading order. There's so much filler, but it's been interesting to read. My only real complaint is that nearly everything revolves around a Love Triangle or fury over a woman. I guess that's just a sign of the times (along with Sue Storm not being allowed out of the kitchen).

I'm enjoying The Hulk the most, probably due to it having less words crammed into each frame and I can relate to the Hulk just wanting to chill. All he wants to do is sleep, but people won't leave him alone. Poor guy.
After that Hercules' arrival was like a shot of sugar in the veins, and it really showed Thor up as the arrogant arsehole I've always thought he was. Herc is loving life as a God!

Spiderman has been pretty strong at times, but there's been a bit of a lull in his stories in the reading order as it catches up with Namor, Thor and AntGiantGoliathMan.

Just how far do you plan to take reading, uh, all of 616?

Tizoc

Woooaaah chill out breh.

Yamcha is still a Z fighter

Have some goddamm respect for Yamcha.

Poor Yamcha was turned into everyone's bitch, dude could've had it all, he could've been a contender, but instead he's the butt joke of all anime.
No one should be like that or even compared to that, but alas poor Yamcha is what he's been turned into.

Mudcrab

For the people who were talking about Shadowrun: Hong Kong yesterday, you still have one hour to get it on Steam or GOG for 33% off.

No idea, I might start skipping issues that are rated below 3 stars on the CMRO website. I know this will be a many year endeavour, so I don't mind. Marvel Unlimited has been a great purchase so far.

RIP

Poor Yamcha was turned into everyone's bitch, dude could've had it all, he could've been a contender, but instead he's the butt joke of all anime.
No one should be like that or even compared to that, but alas poor Yamcha is what he's been turned into.
On the plus side, he's basically DBZ's hawkguy.

Top Bottom