• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Hey folks, I'm starting a Super Secret Project and I was wondering...what are some of the most entertainingly bizarre comics you guys have ever read?

Could be in a "kind of bad, but in an entertaining way" like Batman Odyssey.

Could be in a more traditional "in comics anything goes, so let's go everywhere" kind of way. Like...oh, what's a really good example of that? Invisibles? Promethia? Black Science?

I'm not specifically looking at superhero comics for this either, so sky's the limit here.

What would y'all recommend I look into? I really want to expand my horizons if I can.

1) Doom Patrol
2) Doom Patrol
3) Doom Patrol
4) possibly Doom Patrol
5) definitely Doom Patrol

frye

ah, i see. when there are multiple options, i like to have the best, most complete one. usually though it just means i'm super picky and i hold off forever but i'll probably actually buy the DD stuff

I think the only caveat is if you want to read Love and War and you get the omnibus, you'll want the omnibus companion too.

Hey folks, I'm starting a Super Secret Project and I was wondering...what are some of the most entertainingly bizarre comics you guys have ever read?

Could be in a more traditional "in comics anything goes, so let's go everywhere" kind of way. Like...oh, what's a really good example of that? Invisibles? Promethia? Black Science?

I'm not specifically looking at superhero comics for this either, so sky's the limit here.

What would y'all recommend I look into? I really want to expand my horizons if I can.

it's only the greatest comic ever made

Zombine

Banned
Ok. I trashed the images. Won't make this set of avatars.

3mission-accomplished.jpg

Wild Children by Kot. Forgot who the artist is. They are so and so but the book might be what you are looking for.

For out there visuals ans comedy you might want to check out God Hates Astronauts

Mudcrab

The Filth

Owzers

I kinda forgot that Afterlife with Archie wasn't over, i had bought the first five or six issues when cmx had a sale and it ended iffy with the whole
fireworks distraction thing, reminded me too much of Land of the Dead which i didn't like

vid

Hey Comic-GAF! I'm coming in search of expert advice!

I was planning to pick up a few Ms. Marvel singles on Comixology today, but then I realized that they also had the trades available. Is there a reason why I shouldn't buy the first Ms. Marvel trade for $9 instead of getting the six individual books (#1-5, and "All-New Marvel Now! Point One") for $2 each?

It seems like a no-brainer, it's three bucks saved for what I would assume is the same content, but I'm afraid it'll be like the trades for Udon's Street Fighter series from several years ago, where the trades are missing the side stories and extra content of the singles.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Messi

Hey Comic-GAF! I'm coming in search of expert advice!

I was planning to pick up a few Ms. Marvel singles on Comixology today, but then I realized that they also had the trades available. Is there a reason why I shouldn't buy the first Ms. Marvel trade for $9 instead of getting the six individual books (#1-5, and "All-New Marvel Now! Point One") for $2 each?

It seems like a no-brainer, it's three bucks saved for what I would assume is the same content, but I'm afraid it'll be like the trades for Udon's Street Fighter series from several years ago, where the trades are missing the side stories and extra content of the singles.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Get the trades

Top Bottom