• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

There was a horse on fire. That happened.

This happened in the first arc of Deadpool:
deadpool-elephant.jpg

And nobody likes that.

Foofaraw

Hey folks, I'm starting a Super Secret Project and I was wondering...what are some of the most entertainingly bizarre comics you guys have ever read?

Could be in a "kind of bad, but in an entertaining way" like Batman Odyssey.

Could be in a more traditional "in comics anything goes, so let's go everywhere" kind of way. Like...oh, what's a really good example of that? Invisibles? Promethia? Black Science?

I'm not specifically looking at superhero comics for this either, so sky's the limit here.

What would y'all recommend I look into? I really want to expand my horizons if I can.

Planetary? Feels very anything goes.

All of Avatar Comics if you are looking for ultraviolence anything goes.

Most of Morrison is hard to go wrong with.

Launchpad didn't mention any Valiant comics, which is a bummer. The 90's Ninjak is a kid that plays a computer game so well that he becomes Ninjak (I think, something very skateboard 90's like that).

Boogiepop

Maaaan. Trying to decide if I want to change over to hardcovers for Black Science, currently having 2 of the three trades it'll contain. Any idea how nice it's going to be? Was also considering Ms Marvel for a second, but realized it's only the two trades, which I have.

But this is a dangerous road to consider.

Messi

Maaaan. Trying to decide if I want to change over to hardcovers for Black Science, currently having 2 of the three trades it'll contain. Any idea how nice it's going to be? Was also considering Ms Marvel for a second, but realized it's only the two trades, which I have.

But this is a dangerous road to consider.

All image hardcovers are beautiful and well made. But it will be a long time without the next 3 volumes for you. Keep that in mind.

Afrodium

Banned
I read all of Endgame and just read a plot synopsis on Wikipedia and re-read the final issue and still don't know why Joker is in all those old photographs.

Ophelion

Planetary? Feels very anything goes.

All of Avatar Comics if you are looking for ultraviolence anything goes.

Most of Morrison is hard to go wrong with.

Launchpad didn't mention any Valiant comics, which is a bummer. The 90's Ninjak is a kid that plays a computer game so well that he becomes Ninjak (I think, something very skateboard 90's like that).

Planetary is actually what I'm starting with on my little project, since its mission statement of "The world is strange. Let's keep it that way." Dovetails nicely with the whole point of what I'm setting out to do here. Re-read it last night. Damn fine comics.

Especially that scene where Elijah kicks Dracula's frozen dick off. That was the best.

Boogiepop

All image hardcovers are beautiful and well made. But it will be a long time without the next 3 volumes for you. Keep that in mind.
Yeah, that's a fair point. This'll take careful consideration. There's not any chance that there's any indication of how many more issues are left in Black Science, right?

Sadist

It's almost 1:30 in the morning here, I just turned 29 and I'm still laughing about the Yamcheye thing.

Somehow I should feel bad right?

Boogiepop

Actually, okay guys. Is there a particularly good choice for giving Image Hardcovers a try, outside of Saga/Sex Criminals (already read a good chunk of both of those).

Recommend me something, guys!

My best friend send me Alan Moores Neonomicon and my god, its something I enjoy with my full heart - Take something I like, put a lot of fan jerking in it and make at least a decent story.

Lovecraft <3

Sorry Gameproff. I have to put on my hater hat and say that Neonomicon is one of the worst comics I've ever read. I usually can find something positive in most comics I dislike. I can think of nothing in Neonomicon.

tim1138

holy fucking smokes this layout explosion

and even when it breaks down, page 2 still has the nine panels

fuck what a comic

And the last page with the retelling of Kyle's origin, god damn.

Cypress is doing issues 4 and 9 as one of stories between arcs.

Top Bottom