• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I don't see myself buying a house any time soon, simply because I'm not for sure going to be living where I am for the next 5 years. I think I lost before I even started with the physical books situation :(

Just prolonging the all digital future

Buying a house is my #1 life goal. I hope to buy one in January-ish. I'll just be renting it out until the end of 2016 though since now that I've got this new job I'm kind of stuck in CA at least until next July so I can be here a full year.

I don't own a single omnibus :(. I want so many though. IZombie will be my first.

Wait what.

Yerp, Trin3 is certainly a Trine. At least now crates are fixed size. Rest is exactly the same as always. No idea why this series is so beloved.

Boogiepop

...God damnit! Freaking Archie! The next round of their Sonic/Mega Man trades seem to be getting delayed AGAIN! With the note that they were at first scheduled at worst at around like May, they're now pushed back to freaking November/December! They've seriously slowed down to a point where they're like just barely doing better than one a year on these things, which is absolutely insane!

Messi

Only buy ones you really really need. Those fuckers take up some space. Still happy I bought the Secret Warriors omni.

Yep. I'm going to be careful about it.

Kipp I've never owned one. I've never had to use the omnibus reading position.

Oh and 3 volume hardcovers ain't omnibuses..
Looking at you black science.

Boogiepop

Wait, so guys... sell me on Manhattan Projects. I'm strongly considering the hardcover just off of hype in here, but I realized I kind of know jack about the book accept... Hickman. Which is a pretty awesome endorsement based on his FF stuff (holding out for omnibuses to put things in the right order for his Avengers run).

Also, yeah, Messi, watch Princess Bride. It's good stuff.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
None of the comics are loading wtf is this

What was that about digital being superior?

Heh heh heh

Wait, so guys... sell me on Manhattan Projects. I'm strongly considering the hardcover just off of hype in here, but I realized I kind of know jack about the book accept... Hickman. Which is a pretty awesome endorsement based on his FF stuff (holding out for omnibuses to put things in the right order for his Avengers run).

Also, yeah, Messi, watch Princess Bride. It's good stuff.

I knew nothing about it except Hickman and ComicsGAF hype too, and I absolutely loved it. It's just incredibly well done. And it's so reasonably priced that you really can't go wrong. It's hard to really summarize the book since it's kind of nuts, but I really don't see how you could dislike it. It's an amazing comic all around.

Right.

Trine 3 is a 3-4 hour long game. Expected.

What isn't expected is how it comes to a screeching halt two thirds through the story.

Like, it's legit FUCKIT, ROLL CREDITS.

Guess they ran outta money.

Back to BDPR

Boogiepop

I knew nothing about it except Hickman and ComicsGAF hype too, and I absolutely loved it. It's just incredibly well done. And it's so reasonably priced that you really can't go wrong. It's hard to really summarize the book since it's kind of nuts, but I really don't see how you could dislike it. It's an amazing comic all around.

Awesome, thanks! That's good enough for me! I'll probably throw it into the IST order I'm planning to make soon, then...

Boogiepop

Next week on IST gon' be gud.

Last Days of American Crime HC
Sunstone Vol.3
Usagi Yojimbo Collection 4
IXth Generation Vol.1

Oh damn, didn't realize Sunstone was going to be out next week, thought it was further out! Guess I'll leave enough off of this order to get free shipping off of the next one, in that case. Thanks for the heads up!

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Wow. I'm reading the very first issue of Daredevil and boy howdy is it strange to go from Miller's The Man Without Fear to this. Basically the same story viewed through an ultra corny 50's filter. It's kind of great. The world must have been so different then.

Oh, no Matt. If you don't Indian rassle with the fellas they're gonna think you're a sissy!

Boogiepop

And IST order placed for Hellblazer 6-7 (Kipp talking about not liking Fear Machine weirdly got me hyped up for more of this. Also planning on grabbing 8-9 next week to fill up the order), the back half of Fraction Iron Man, Ms Marvel 3, Manhattan Projects HC, TMNT Mutanimals, Transformers Combiner Wars, and Kabuki Library Edition 1 (putting it in my Wishlist did indeed help it not to get forgotten this time around).

Owzers

Top 3 books:

Nextwave
Umbrella Academy
Heck

okay maybe not, but maybe yes. Hearthstone is still infuriating, i dislike people who get golden legendaries, a lot. It's the same feeling i get when i whiff in Rocket League except without the added pressure regarding buying packs. I have to come to terms with being terrible at car soccer but if i spend more money i can be better at Hearthstone...

PsychBat!

Banned
What was that about digital being superior?

Heh heh heh

superior_spider_man_obama_hope_style_poster_by_adam_grant-d8o98n9.png

!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Top 3 books:

Nextwave
Umbrella Academy
Heck

okay maybe not, but maybe yes. Hearthstone is still infuriating, i dislike people who get golden legendaries, a lot. It's the same feeling i get when i whiff in Rocket League except without the added pressure regarding buying packs. I have to come to terms with being terrible at car soccer but if i spend more money i can be better at Hearthstone...

I still haven't had the guts to play Rocket League with humans. But I'm getting much better at beating up on the AI.

Owzers

I still haven't had the guts to play Rocket League with humans. But I'm getting much better at beating up on the AI.

I play with my only human friend and we do not care how bad we are, though we do win enough games. You could join us if you are on ps4. PSN: Owzers

I'm listening to the new single "Live Forever" by The Band Perry, a group i like....it's not good. From The Guardian:

On a most basic level, the song’s title and main refrain, “We’re gonna live forever!”, hold the sentiments of If I Die Young at arm’s length. But sonically, and visually, too, Live Forever pushes the band away from the hearty style that made them great in the first place. Produced in part by Moroccan pop producer RedOne, the man behind songs like Lady Gaga’s Poker Face and Nicki Minaj’s Starships, the track features thumping beats and background vocal shouts of “Go go crazy! Go go go crazy!”. Lyrically, the track treads in the already hackneyed Yolo territory that Kesha and Katy Perry were popularizing five years ago, but its sound doesn’t feel edgy or youthful in the slightest.

Yup, liking things is just not going to happen i guess.

I play with my only human friend and we do not care how bad we are, though we do win enough games. You could join us if you are on ps4. PSN: Owzers

I'm listening to the new single "Live Forever" by The Band Perry, a group i like....it's not good. From The Guardian

Speaking of videogames and music, I totally forgot about ordering the MGS V soundtrack. It turns out there's also another album coming out the same day with all of the vocal tracks from the series. Done and DONE.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
loved this page so much
I'm not really familiar with the BPRD stuff. I do love Hellboy though I'm only up to The Conquerer Worm, and I'm a HUGE Baltimore fan.

I see a bald dude in a Mignola book. Pardon my ignorance, but that's not some weird appearance of Lord Baltimore in Hellboy or something, is it?

Edit: Dammit, I just noticed the leg. Fuck it. I'm exhausted and being an idiot. Good night, comic gaf.

Which part of Hellboy or BPRD is that from? I'm not there yet :O

Hellboy's such a great character. The flashback with him in BPRD Plague of Frogs volume 3 was so good.

Helldude: Being Human one shot

It's all collected in DPRB Being Human TPB, fills backstory on liz, roger and johan

Helldude: Being Human one shot

It's all collected in DPRB Being Human TPB, fills backstory on liz, roger and johan

Alright cool. Still gotta get that trade along with BPRD Plague of Frogs volume 4.

Took a few days away from Hellboy since I've been kinda going at it nonstop since I started. Was in the middle of Darkness Calls.

Top Bottom