• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Sadist

Btw, I just realised I've got a digital copy to give away of Uncanny Avengers volume 4: Avenge the Earth.

First person to quote me gets a pm with the code :)

Edit pm sent to Messi!

Messi

I was like... Wait... Selina Kyle isn't Hispanic.

Btw, I just realised I've got a digital copy to give away of Uncanny Avengers volume 4: Avenge the Earth.

First person to quote me gets a pm with the code :)

Please. Last one I'm missing

Hahaha amazing

Amazing!!!!

Holy shit

That's pretty outstanding.

haha nice one

Thanks for the compliments fellas. Here is another quick one.

KU66037.jpg

Can I have this?

Sure, but can anyone *truly* own a piece of high art like this

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Whoa! Tim's back!

Also, out of nowhere, I think my laptop bit the dust... Just won't turn on. I took out the HDD and tested it on my desktop and that still works fine, so it must be the mobo or something. It's lasted me like 5 years, so I guess it was time...

I don't think anyone at DC even recognizes Jaime Reyes exists.
Is Bunker that dude from Teen Titans?

Dude had his own series in the beginning of the New 52, and then Threshold! Not that i fault DC for forgetting those though

and yes, Bunker's the one Lobdell introduced. Lobdell may be bad but his Generation X and Teen Titans had pretty diverse casts IIRC

Foofaraw

Yeah, that's a fair point. This'll take careful consideration. There's not any chance that there's any indication of how many more issues are left in Black Science, right?

Have faith! I compendium wait on Walking Dead and Invincible. Patience builds character.

Whoa! Tim's back!

Also, out of nowhere, I think my laptop bit the dust... Just won't turn on. I took out the HDD and tested it on my desktop and that still works fine, so it must be the mobo or something. It's lasted me like 5 years, so I guess it was time...

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude get on that Annihilator

tim1138

Dude had his own series in the beginning of the New 52, and then Threshold! Not that i fault DC for forgetting those though

and yes, Bunker's the one Lobdell introduced. Lobdell may be bad but his Generation X and Teen Titans had pretty diverse casts IIRC

The purple dude who can manipulate purple blocks. Dat purp.

I read a few issues of Titans and really dug that guy. It'd be nice to see some of the Titans pop up in other books. Outside of their cameo in Forever Evil, they may as well exist in their own universe.

Tim rising from the ashes bringing that omega man hype! Yes!

Omega Men is secretly DC's best book.

There's no secret about it, Omega Men is pretty much flawless.

Hey folks, I'm starting a Super Secret Project and I was wondering...what are some of the most entertainingly bizarre comics you guys have ever read?

Could be in a "kind of bad, but in an entertaining way" like Batman Odyssey.

Could be in a more traditional "in comics anything goes, so let's go everywhere" kind of way. Like...oh, what's a really good example of that? Invisibles? Promethia? Black Science?

I'm not specifically looking at superhero comics for this either, so sky's the limit here.

What would y'all recommend I look into? I really want to expand my horizons if I can.

Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison

There's an arc where Flex Mentallo has to flex his muscles so hard that the Pentagon turns into a circle

(it's the best)

I don't think anyone at DC even recognizes Jaime Reyes exists.
Is Bunker that dude from Teen Titans?

No way, man, he showed up as recently as... uh... the beginning of Future's End.

;____:

Omega Men is secretly DC's best book.

"Secretly?"

Whoa! Tim's back!

You check the power cord/ battery? I noticed the other day that mine wasn't turning on, so I dug up a new one and it turns out the battery had slooooooowly been draining over the course of a few days, since it wasn't charging properly.

Kipp

You check the power cord/ battery? I noticed the other day that mine wasn't turning on, so I dug up a new one and it turns out the battery had slooooooowly been draining over the course of a few days, since it wasn't charging properly.

The power cord actually could be the problem. The little green light on it isn't lit up. My mom's laptop cord usually works with mine too though and that one didn't help anything either. I don't really want to order a new cord on the off chance that it'll fix my laptop and end up wasting money. Maybe I can find a 3rd party one for cheap though.

Do it Kipp.

Be bad.

Also, I just started Preacher. I have no idea what's going on, but I dig it so far. I ran out of natural light though, so I will continue tomorrow.

Nice! Glad to hear it.
And yeah, I'm all about reading by natural light too. Lamps just aren't the same.

So I guess you buying me a 128gb iPad is out of the question? :)

Weeelll... Okay fine.

Kipp

I own a lamp, but it's more like a sex lamp, cus the dang thing only takes small lightbulbs and doesn't illuminate much of anything.

Besides, books look better in natural light. That's a fact.

Kipp gets it.

I'm pretty sure we just accidentally summoned the digital-for-life squad.

Kipp

I'm sorry, but I can't keep buying bookshelves in this little apartment :(

I'm actually in the same situation. I've got no more room for bookshelves in my room at my parents home and my current bookshelf is pretty much filled up...
When I buy a house in a year or so though, I will line EVERY WALL with bookshelves.

Your tears and sad emoticons give us strength
For we know your time will come

I've tried digital and it just isn't the same. I can't enjoy comics as much digitally.

Hey guys, I just got Marvel Unlimited, what are some good series to read?

LOL jk I don't need no recommendations. Nextwave!!!!

I'm actually in the same situation. I've got no more room for bookshelves in my room at my parents home and my current bookshelf is pretty much filled up...
When I buy a house in a year or so though, I will line EVERY WALL with bookshelves.

I've tried digital and it just isn't the same. I can't enjoy comics as much digitally.

I don't see myself buying a house any time soon, simply because I'm not for sure going to be living where I am for the next 5 years. I think I lost before I even started with the physical books situation :(

Just prolonging the all digital future

Build a house out of bookshelves.

Yuuuuuhh that doesn't seem safe

Top Bottom