• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Tizoc

...God damnit! Freaking Archie! The next round of their Sonic/Mega Man trades seem to be getting delayed AGAIN! With the note that they were at first scheduled at worst at around like May, they're now pushed back to freaking November/December! They've seriously slowed down to a point where they're like just barely doing better than one a year on these things, which is absolutely insane!

I swear if they delay Megaman Vol. 9 again...

Helldude: Being Human one shot

It's all collected in DPRB Being Human TPB, fills backstory on liz, roger and johan

Odd that I don't remember that particular scene o_O

Unless it's from a few years ago.

Mindwipe

Reading through Blackest Night and Brightest Day this week.

Man, they still can't make me give the slightest shit about Hawkman/Hawkgirl. Brightest Day noticeably sags whenever they're on the page.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Messi is really Ronaldo.

FoolhardySmartDobermanpinscher.gif

Poodlestrike is in that Slovakia thread. Hope he doesn't get his DC butt banned.

Posted that right before I conked out for the night, but it's nice to know y'all care :D

There's a trick to not getting banned in OT threads, and it's this: keep it civil. You can lob as much fire and shade as you want, but so long as you make an effort to show respect (or at least consideration) for the other side, you're generally fine.

Unless you're on the right side of the argument (as determined by mods and prevailing culture), in which case go nuts.

Tizoc

U38yU8J.jpg

Star Wars 8
Immonen's art was good but felt a little rushed I think? Story hardly went anywhere sadly, almost a filler issue...with a filler artist?

Archie #2
Not bad, but first issue was better.
i do like how Jughead is being written to be the wisest person in Riverdale lol.

Zombine

Banned
Posted that right before I conked out for the night, but it's nice to know y'all care :D

There's a trick to not getting banned in OT threads, and it's this: keep it civil. You can lob as much fire and shade as you want, but so long as you make an effort to show respect (or at least consideration) for the other side, you're generally fine.

Unless you're on the right side of the argument (as determined by mods and prevailing culture), in which case go nuts.

Poodlestrike
Banned

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
U38yU8J.jpg

Star Wars 8
Immonen's art was good but felt a little rushed I think? Story hardly went anywhere sadly, almost a filler issue...with a filler artist?

Archie #2
Not bad, but first issue was better.
i do like how Jughead is being written to be the wisest person in Riverdale lol.

spidey G 😍

Justice League Dark #7 - #11: The vampire stuff was complete shite. Is this the event where
Batgirl becomes a vampire
? The Books of Magic arc is a marked improvement and very good fun. Though Shade randomly walking away was a bit abrupt and funny. Also, does Zatanna's magic only work for trivial situations like grabbing a soda off the table or something? Because in any important fight, she seems to go "my magic isn't working!".

Yea. This might be the first week I didn't buy any comics in s CMX sale.

I was tempted by the Red Sonja, but apparently they did a piss poor remastering job. If you look at the preview for the first issue, it's beautiful; then they changed colorists and it went to shit immediately afterwards lol

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
And IST order placed for Hellblazer 6-7 (Kipp talking about not liking Fear Machine weirdly got me hyped up for more of this. Also planning on grabbing 8-9 next week to fill up the order), the back half of Fraction Iron Man, Ms Marvel 3, Manhattan Projects HC, TMNT Mutanimals, Transformers Combiner Wars, and Kabuki Library Edition 1 (putting it in my Wishlist did indeed help it not to get forgotten this time around).

Excellent order!
And lol at Hellblazer. The Fear Machine arc hasn't killed any of my enthusiasm for the series either. In fact, the main reason it's frustrating me is because it's keeping me from reading the stuff after it.
Plus I still need to order volume 4 off of Amazon because for some reason IST doesn't have it...

You would love Dashboard Confessional.

...Dashboard Confessional is one of my guilty pleasures. The Shade of Poison Trees is one of the all-time greatest pop-rock albums. All of the other stuff before that album is great too.

And IST order placed for Hellblazer 6-7 (Kipp talking about not liking Fear Machine weirdly got me hyped up for more of this. Also planning on grabbing 8-9 next week to fill up the order), the back half of Fraction Iron Man, Ms Marvel 3, Manhattan Projects HC, TMNT Mutanimals, Transformers Combiner Wars, and Kabuki Library Edition 1 (putting it in my Wishlist did indeed help it not to get forgotten this time around).
*Salutes*

I'm looking at maybe a WW Omnibus, Empowered, and Batman Death by Design IST order

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Another Intercompany Crossover - Spider-Man/Red Sonja. It was quite fun how they incorporated Hyboria and changed the usual Spider-Man cast, still I thought it was a little bit strange to see MJ as Red Sonja. But it was ok nonethless.

Really hyped for Turtles/Batman now.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

Fucking really? You don't have the room with your superhuman reflexes and senses, to move out of the way but you have time to use a tire to slingshot a fucking engine at a truck that's coming directly at you?

Out of all the shit I've read in comics this may be the most patently ridiculous!

Zombine

Banned
I think you underestimate the zombie thirst

There isn't necessarily a Zombie thirst. People stick to what they know. They like Rick and company and none of them are on the show. It's success is very much dependent on who tunes in on week 1-2.

My girlfriend is a very real example of this. She doesn't read the book, loves watching the show with me, and when I asked her if she was excited for Fear The Walking Dead she said "No not really..."

There isn't necessarily a Zombie thirst. People stick to what they know. They like Rick and company and none of them are on the show. It's success is very much dependent on who tunes in on week 1-2.

My girlfriend is a very real example of this. She doesn't read the book, loves watching the show with me, and when I asked her if she was excited for Fear The Walking Dead she said "No not really..."

Well, no, that was just a joke.

The fanbase and viewership of the main series is enough so that even if 10-20% of those people tune in, it would be a success by basic cable standards. I estimate the viewership will be much higher than that, though.

The main series gets upwards of 10 million viewers on a regular basis, which is an insane number by basic cable standards. Even a fraction of that is an acceptable number to keep it on the air, assuming the ratings follow that trend as well.

You have to prove the old adage that nobody can read everything wrong. We're counting on you.

I accept this challenge for all of humanity. I'm not sure I can stomach another 500+ issues of never ending love triangles, but I will find out - for all.

Fucking really? You don't have the room with your superhuman reflexes and senses, to move out of the way but you have time to use a tire to slingshot a fucking engine at a truck that's coming directly at you?

Out of all the shit I've read in comics this may be the most patently ridiculous!

Daredevil is absolute bottom of the list out of all the things I've read so far. The only saving grace was perhaps the crossover with Spiderman with Foggy being mistaken for Daredevil. The amount of fat shaming is incredible.

Vyer

Reading through Blackest Night and Brightest Day this week.

Man, they still can't make me give the slightest shit about Hawkman/Hawkgirl. Brightest Day noticeably sags whenever they're on the page.

Only time I cared about Hawkman/Girl was Johns/Robinson/Morales run.

Top Bottom