• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Star Wars 8
Immonen's art was good but felt a little rushed I think? Story hardly went anywhere sadly, almost a filler issue...with a filler artist?

Immonen's doing Star Wars for the foreseeable future. Well, I expect he'll have a break when they decide to do another Obi-Wan story.

Fucking really? You don't have the room with your superhuman reflexes and senses, to move out of the way but you have time to use a tire to slingshot a fucking engine at a truck that's coming directly at you?

Out of all the shit I've read in comics this may be the most patently ridiculous!

That's even better than Reed beating the shit outta Franklin and Sue.

I've been reading The Boys by Ennis.
It's been boring since I got to Herogasm. Does it get any better?

Herogasm is the lowest point in that comic.
Well, there is a fraternity bit that's also godawful, but not AS bad as herogasm. Pretty dang close.

But yes, it does get better.

Gods, ennis needed an editor kicking him in the dick during that book so badly.

What if Freeza and Tyrant are really anime girls?

tumblr_inline_n3zxo0ADAr1rmp1d8.png

I feel like some of these are bit meh. As in the photographer could have done more to make them better. Like that Dr Strange one is pretty bare bones. That She Hulk one too. The cosplay itself is good though.

A lot of people like to shit on cosplay but I think it's pretty cool

The O5 Jean grey one is nice too

I pretty much agree with this 100%. The photography itself is meh for many of them but some of the actual costumes are pretty neat.

Yousefb

Wow at Black Science first issue. That was beautifully dark. Strikingly visual art and a really creative setting(s).

So far I've read the first issues of the three Remender books I recently purchased. As of now Deadly Class is my favorite, followed by Black Science and then Low.

I feel like some of these are bit meh. As in the photographer could have done more to make them better. Like that Dr Strange one is pretty bare bones. That She Hulk one too. The cosplay itself is good though.

A lot of people like to shit on cosplay but I think it's pretty cool

The O5 Jean grey one is nice too
The Nova one is pretty good I think.

Zombine

Banned
Wow at Black Science first issue. That was beautifully dark. Strikingly visual art and a really creative setting(s).

So far I've read the first issues of the three Remender books I recently purchased. As of now Deadly Class is my favorite, followed by Black Science and then Low.

I think Low is one of those books that just keeps getting better as it moves forward.

Tizoc

Immonen's doing Star Wars for the foreseeable future. Well, I expect he'll have a break when they decide to do another Obi-Wan story.

Then I sincerely hope the writing picks up the pace, it'd be a waste of Immonen's talent if he does 6 issues, for example, that could've been covered in 2 or 3...

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
any photoshop wizards here? getting ready to put T'Challa to bed and replace him with some Archie love.

my forum avatar request post

Read Strange Girl.

Do it.

woah, how have i missed this?? will cop this ASAP.

Oh yeah I'm sure it is. I love what they're setting up. Remender may be my favorite at the moment, i just like everything I've read from him so far.

i take it you've read Fear Agent? one of my favorite sci fi books - tied with Hickman's FF (i think i have a soft spot for bonkers sci fi that deals with fatherhood.)

ReAxion

How many people are in Grants team in Black Science?

As far as the actual team, I think it's 3?

Then there's the kids, the wife, Kadir, and the security guy.

Now that I think about it, it's kinda weird I can't just answer this straight out. How do I understand something where I don't know the characters. Heh.

Waiiiiiiiiiit..........how did people (not really on GAF) start calling out DC for yearly gimmick month now it's marvel monthly gimmick and its ok...

*hasn't looked at covers yet*

Messi

The Nova one is pretty good I think.

Low is brilliant. Hauntingly beautiful.

Waiiiiiiiiiit..........how did people (not really on GAF) start calling out DC for yearly gimmick month now it's marvel monthly gimmick and its ok...

*hasn't looked at covers yet*

Nobody could hate the DC Looney Tunes variants though. So good.

Don't really like the Marvel cosplay ones, not really into cosplay personally. I've never really liked photo variants anyway.

Don't really like the Marvel cosplay ones, not really into cosplay personally. I've never really liked photo variants anyway.

They do look kinda cheap...I mean I don't mean that as into "insulting the cosplayers" but...eh. I'm not mad about it personally.

I saw a lot of people hating on the DC Looney Tunes variants, tho.

(In all fairness, they would've been better if they did the covers in full Looney Tunes style, since a lot of them look kinda shopped.)

I saw a lot of people hating on the DC Looney Tunes variants, tho.

(In all fairness, they would've been better if they did the covers in full Looney Tunes style, since a lot of them look kinda shopped.)
You did? I think they're great

The Cosplay is a cool idea but those covers are hit or miss. I've seen stronger cosplay for a number of those characters

You did? I think they're great

The Cosplay is a cool idea but those covers are hit or miss. I've seen stronger cosplay for a number of those characters

Yeah, stuff like the Deathstroke cover drew a fair bit of criticism. Catwoman, Wonder Woman, that's all on point.

Cosplay... eh. It's an interesting idea, but it looks kinda tacky in execution.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Since we're talking about Remender, any opinions on Venom?

Mother. Fucking. Fear Agent.

i stopped reading Venom because i was tired of all the Spider Island stuff but it started quite good

Fear Agent is a GOAT comic though... god damn,

I can do it later today if someone else hasn't gotten to it by then.

<3 thanks b

Not yet! But I am planning on getting the Library Edition to read it.

yeahh buddy!

Was Jessica Nigri too expensive for the campaign?

that'd be one way to get me to pay attention. maybe hire a better photographer in the process.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
As far as the actual team, I think it's 3?

Then there's the kids, the wife, Kadir, and the security guy.

Now that I think about it, it's kinda weird I can't just answer this straight out. How do I understand something where I don't know the characters. Heh.

Thanks. From the little preview on CMX it looked like there might only be 2.

Top Bottom