• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

frye

Plan to re-start Hellboy right from the top this weekend.

Also, someone please reassure me about Shade The Changing Man. I collected most of the single issues but haven't started it yet. I just read Milligan's Justice League Dark and that is making me apprehensive.

lol I think i'm the only guy who has answered your questions about Shade (and might have been the one to push you to get those singles) but yeah: it's a good ass comic.

full disclosure: gigantic Milligan fanboi here but fwiw I feel fairly similarly to you re: JLD

Hagi

733.gif

He's on the Avengers cover not All-New FalconCap, the cover for that isn't ready apparently. It shouldn't need to be said but yes they have a black cosplayer for Falcon.

Gotta say that person dressed as Gamora does Gamora better than Zoe Saldana.

Messi

He's on the Avengers cover not All-New FalconCap, the cover for that isn't ready apparently. It shouldn't need to be said but yes they have a black cosplayer for Falcon.

Gotta say that person dressed as Gamora does Gamora better than Zoe Saldana.

Wouldn't be hard.

lol I think i'm the only guy who has answered your questions about Shade (and might have been the one to push you to get those singles) but yeah: it's a good ass comic.

full disclosure: gigantic Milligan fanboi here but fwiw I feel fairly similarly to you re: JLD

:D

Yeah, your recommendation + having read Human Target + Greg Burgas' article at CBR pushed me to get the single issues. (I hate single issues). I remember you mentioning it was great till Bachalo left and I recently got issue 50. So will start reading this weekend.

frye

:D

Yeah, your recommendation + having read Human Target + Greg Burgas' article at CBR pushed me to get the single issues. (I hate single issues). I remember you mentioning it was great till Bachalo left and I recently got issue 50. So will start reading this weekend.

Milligan at the height of his powers in unimpeachable -- like "this is my favourite dude" levels -- but at the same time he has churned out some of the dullest comics imaginable (mainly superheroes, but other stuff too). The trick is always his collaborators, and Bachalo is one of the dudes he really clicked with

Milligan at the height of his powers in unimpeachable -- like "this is my favourite dude" levels -- but at the same time he has churned out some of the dullest comics imaginable (mainly superheroes, but other stuff too). The trick is always his collaborators, and Bachalo is one of the dudes he really clicked with

Good. Good. My hype level is rising again. Thank you.

Are we bad people and Androids (Freeza)?

Do you see this thing in your dreams?

SWoDHQ1.png

Don't you still read WickDiv?

WicDiv was good once.

Wait who owns Black Hole...

It was on someone's shelf.

Charles Burns is awesome as fuck.

*continues to wait for Amazon to offer the jock batman statue and lois bombshell at a discount*

Keep on waiting. I still haven't unboxed Bombshell Lois. I opened up Bleez just to check her out and make sure she was intact. So awesome. But I re-did my figure shelves and don't really have room at the moment to keep the DC statues out without moving some stuff around.

Owzers

touching up my Catwoman statue goggle ran into a problem, i opened up most of the red paints and none of them matched that well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
btw I guess Galactus ISNT a part of the Ultimates, hes just the villain? how boring :(

Owzers

We all knew this would happen. Matching model paints isn't something I'd recommend trying. Shit can dry a different color than it looks as liquid.

yeah, the only luck i've ever had was black paint, matte or satin finish. That's why when i sanded down the paint bubble that was the wrong color on the wonder woman sword and tried to repaint it....i ended up painting the entire sword instead of just the spot.

O______________O

Top Bottom