• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

I'm never a COD multi player but played the beta for a couple hours last night. My last match I finally had a K/D ratio over 1. It was 1.8. I ended up slowing down and picking my spots on the map. Also it helps the team more because my run and gun style kept racking up deaths :/

Yeah, I've played a whole lot of CSGO since the last time I played a COD, and I've learned that making sure not to take unnecessary risks will improve your gameplay, so yeah, not sprinting everywhere, positioning, taking things slow are very effective even in a game like BO3.

Just get started on a reoccurring plan dude. It's so worth it. I canceled my lootcrate and only sub to this.

I'm seriously considering it now, especially since it's only once every two months. That's doable IMO. The problem I had with Loot Crate (I got six months as a Secret Santa thing) was that there wasn't enough every month that I was interested in. It was too broad, IMO. The only things I really liked the whole time I had it was the D&D shirt, the Borderlands mousemat/MTG playmat and the copy of Ready Player One since the person who got me the sub borrowed my old copy and then emigrated with it!

Start Hearthstone and shift your anger to that. Just opened up a pack and got bare minimum stuff again...grrrrr

I haven't opened a pack in so long, I gots the shakes just thinking about it. 75 TGT packs on Monday though. Can't wait for that. I wish we were getting some free packs as well.

Zombine

Banned
I'm seriously considering it now, especially since it's only once every two months. That's doable IMO. The problem I had with Loot Crate (I got six months as a Secret Santa thing) was that there wasn't enough every month that I was interested in. It was too broad, IMO. The only things I really liked the whole time I had it was the D&D shirt, the Borderlands mousemat/MTG playmat and the copy of Ready Player One since the person who got me the sub borrowed my old copy and then emigrated with it!

It seems like you did the same 6 months I did. A lot of it was crap I just stuck in a box lol

It seems like you did the same 6 months I did. A lot of it was crap I just stuck in a box lol

I combined it with the big box of stuff they gave me when I finished my placement at the cinemas and gave most of the other stuff to my nephews and niece. They enjoyed them, anyway.

I kept the shirts (most of them were way too big even for my size except the Power Rangers one) and the Princess Bride deck of cards as well since I was running a Savage Worlds fantasy game for some friends and the game uses playing cards for initiative and it vaguely fit the theme.

Look, the only people that get great packs are pros who already have every card. This is a scientific fact.

I've seen Amaz buy 60 packs regularly since every time he does an Arena he goes "Oh this is a 12 win deck guys! 12 WINS OR 60 PACKS!" and he often gets nothing but crap.

VanWinkle

Oh my GOODNESS. I am about a quarter of the way into Marvels and it is astonishingly good. This is my first Marvel graphic novel and what a start it is.

Jon Bones, would this work for you?

j7Uzkjv.jpg

Yay, found a Simonson Thor omnibus at the library. Might bump that up my reading order.

ppXcxtP.jpg

This is how I see sillymonkey right now.

You're not wrong. At least with the crafting system it's a bit better than Magic.

All part of the fun of a CCG. Of course, if there was a decent LCG on PC with a theme I was interested in I'd probably try that.

I don't get the pops appeal. They look like trash and you can't even do something like, say, put them on a 36x24 map and have them fight against other figures.

I don't get the pops appeal. They look like trash and you can't even do something like, say, put them on a 36x24 map and have them fight against other figures.

For me, it's all the licenses they have, and they all look similar so they look good in a group. I don't take them out of the boxes though, which is weird as I usually free toys from their plastic and cardboard prisons.

Their similar appearance also means I don't have to buy every figure in the line to have a nice set-up. Like, I have tons of action figures, but they never look good all together because it's so many contrasting styles, and even worse, scales.

For me, it's all the licenses they have, and they all look similar so they look good in a group. I don't take them out of the boxes though, which is weird as I usually free toys from their plastic and cardboard prisons.

Their similar appearance also means I don't have to buy every figure in the line to have a nice set-up. Like, I have tons of action figures, but they never look good all together because it's so many contrasting styles, and even worse, scales.

But what if you could put them onto a 36x24 map and have them fight against other figures? Wouldn't that be so much cooler?

But what if you could put them onto a 36x24 map and have them fight against other figures? Wouldn't that be so much cooler?

I only really like miniature gaming if it's an RPG. For that, I have all the cardboard Pathfinder Pawns and they do the job.

I'd totally use Funkos for a Lego Movie-esque one-off game if I had enough of them though.

Owzers

You're not wrong. At least with the crafting system it's a bit better than Magic.

All part of the fun of a CCG. Of course, if there was a decent LCG on PC with a theme I was interested in I'd probably try that.

I'd prefer card games where everyone has all the cards and the only thing that matters is strategy and fun. "Oh, you lost because this card would be better in your deck and you haven't paid enough to get it yet but the other people have" I have 600 dust, i could craft my way to the cheap face hunter deck but why would i want to give up on life already? I'm not ready for this CCG/comic page buying lifestyle.

I'd prefer card games where everyone has all the cards and the only thing that matters is strategy and fun. "Oh, you lost because this card would be better in your deck and you haven't paid enough to get it yet but the other people have" I have 600 dust, i could craft my way to the cheap face hunter deck but why would i want to give up on life already? I'm not ready for this CCG/comic page buying lifestyle.

It's a sad reality, but even Face Hunter will get expensive eventually. Zoo is my aggro deck of choice, and Eloise's version runs Sea Giant, Dr. Boom and Mal'Ganis and some variants run a Bane of Doom as well. It used to be, easily, the cheapest deck in the whole game!

Like I said, if a decent LCG appeared on Steam, I would be interested. It would have to be a theme I like though. I know Tabletop Simulator has a Legendary mod but it's fairly clunky.

Owzers

It's a sad reality, but even Face Hunter will get expensive eventually. Zoo is my aggro deck of choice, and Eloise's version runs Sea Giant, Dr. Boom and Mal'Ganis and some variants run a Bane of Doom as well. It used to be, easily, the cheapest deck in the whole game!

Like I said, if a decent LCG appeared on Steam, I would be interested. It would have to be a theme I like though. I know Tabletop Simulator has a Legendary mod but it's fairly clunky.

It's time to make a Comics-gaf card game that doesn't involve comics.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Yeah, I've played a whole lot of CSGO since the last time I played a COD, and I've learned that making sure not to take unnecessary risks will improve your gameplay, so yeah, not sprinting everywhere, positioning, taking things slow are very effective even in a game like BO3.

My best advice for people is don't be afraid to retreat and make them come to you. Find a new sight line that gives you a better advantage when they inevitably charge you. Never be where they expect you to be.

Top Bottom