• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Megatron

Received two trades in the mail today. Deadpool the Way collection vol 3 and Hawkeye volume 4. Neither are in what I would call new condition. Back to Amazon they go. They must love me.

Zombine

Banned
I'm really growing to love BO3, I did not expect this...

The only change I have found is that typically in Treyarch games the go-to mode is domination, but I have found myself gravitating more to Team Deathmatch. There are too many movement options for domination not to be frustrating.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I've pretty much always been TDM or SnD. I'd play Capture the Flag more if others did. Sadly that mode is usually a ghost town.

Messi

Lois statue? Pictures please.

Lois is a really incredible looking bombshell.
6r3V9eE.jpeg

Batgirl is nice

This Wonder Woman is stunning. Picture not doing it justice. Pretty sure I am the only one who bought it too. My number is 1000/5200 nice

And one past one of my girls

Owzers

Lois does look great, thanks for the pic, definitely getting this as soon as Amazon discounts it below $100, doesn't come out until the end of september there though.

The only change I have found is that typically in Treyarch games the go-to mode is domination, but I have found myself gravitating more to Team Deathmatch. There are too many movement options for domination not to be frustrating.

I found domination was my go-to in most CODs, even the IW ones. Admittedly, in MW2 it was mostly to get nukes lol That and SnD. But yeah, in this one I've only been playing TDM and I like it a lot. I can see how the movement would be a pain in Dom.

Also, the first sniper isn't complete garbage, which I appreciate greatly.

Messi

I am so very angry that two of the secret wars pops that I was hoping to buy are exclusive to that fucking collectors corps thing.
Jane Thor and Miles
. At least it looks like Falcon Cap won't be exclusive.

Such bullshit.

Zombine

Banned
I am so very angry that two of the secret wars pops that I was hoping to buy are exclusive to that fucking collectors corps thing.
Jane Thor and Miles

Such bullshit.

I got mine on the way.

tumblr_mpxzy0KiZx1rgewb2o3_250.gif

Jane Thor and Miles

Such bullshit.

Yeah, I really wanted to get a
Jane Thor
pop as well. Sadly, just can't justify a monthly box thing these days.

I knew these things would be the death of me. Haven't been getting them for three months (well, I've had Dany for a year but she was a present) and already I'm drowning in exclusives and con-related stuff.

Jane Thor and Miles

Such bullshit.

Messi got those gorgeous statues and he all mad about a couple of POPs that probably cost $2 to manufacture.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
MCC are a massive fuck on tbh

Their support is atrocious, if their pops weren't actually exclusive I'd have stopped buying them

arkon

Got round to reading and finishing Island #1 only for #2 to get delivered in the mail. Figures.

I like that we're getting a full issue's worth (or more) in terms of pages for the stories, rather than what I've seen in things like Dark Horse Presents. As for the stories themselves, it's a mixed bag. I'll take it though because for every couple of misses there'll be a hit from someone whose work I'll be newly reading that I will want to follow in the future. At least that's my hope and has generally been my experience with anthologies.

I.D. - Interesting subject matter marred by poor execution. Dialogue is clunky and unnatural, took me right out of the story. Almost feels like it's been poorly translated from another language. I feel like the choice of red colour scheme ruins the clarity of the artwork in some panels making them indecipherable. It's a shame as that's otherwise the strongest aspect of this story. I'd be interested to know the rationale behind that choice.

Multiple Warheads - more Multiple Warheads which in my case is a good thing. This is a nice venue for him to throw more chunks of this out there whenever they're ready.

Daggerproof Mummy - Pretty much what it says in the title with added skating. Weird mish-mash that's drawn out a bit too much for my liking. Weakest artwork of the 3 stories for me.

Polaris - this was weirdly my favourite bit of this first issue. Goes into why I like to pore over the background detail in Graham's work and others. Gets my imagination flowing. I'd like to see more short snippets like this interspersed throughout future issues, maybe some 4-koma/gag strips in addition to the full chunks of stories as above. Asking too much?

Not the best start because on the basis of the first parts I'd have dropped I.D. and Daggerproof Mummy if they were their own single issue ongoing comics. Most likely in favour of trade-waiting or digital sales.

Justice League Dark #12-#13, #0, Annual 1: Still continues to be fun, though Constantine seems to be in his cigarette lighting stance 90% of the time. And Zatanna continues to lose to everyone. So many questions raised though.

1)
Is this Nick Necro someone new? Or have Zatanna and Constantine always shared an "origin" story?

2)
Who is this Timothy Hunter? I've never read The Books of Magic, any good?

3) Are there any good runs with all the older magicians mentioned? I mean Zatara, Sargon, etc.

4) A bit surprised the story continued in the Annual after #13. Is that something that happens often?

5) I have a craving for Chick-fil-a, but the closest store is an hour away. Should I go now or for breakfast tomorrow?

Top Bottom