• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Sou Da

Everyone in the behind the scenes of Batman Bad Blood looks dead inside. Why do they continue this line?

Why is it so hard for any adaptation to have a good Nightwing design

Vyer

Back home from a trip to see family, time to finally get around to reading this week's comics.

also, Happy Birthday Freeza

Tizoc

Read something good.

Read Vinland Saga.

This
There's also Berserk
Vagabond
and Blaster Knuckle
tumblr_nfb5dhg9Pf1rs6hqwo1_1280.png

I've done some Eyeshield 21. Never finished though.

I preferred Prince of Tennis

Artist of Eyeshiled 21 is the same artist on the published One Punch Man manga.
E21's issue is that it suffered from a couple of anime tropes but it's cast more than makes up for that.

Speaking of american football

Trump trump trump. Ottoman is dented in because it was cheap and i think it happened during shipping, one of the sides must have that thin cardboard between the fake leather like the back of a cubicle shelf and it cave in.

I also read an issue of Saga and Invincible.......i read comics. Invnicible reminds me of an other Image book Halcyon with people not being happy about
the world kinda being "fixed" for the time being. Everything is peaceful and it's terrible!

I've heard of Halcyon, but now I'll aim to give it a read based on what you posted.

But yeah, a lot of anime is crap today that is getting more and more uncomfortable.

Oh absolutely. Though I still find one or two shows worth following each season.

Happy Birthday Freeza

Thanks. :D

What I can't fathom is how Bleach is still in serialization. Katekyo Hitman Reborn gets cancelled, and Bleach is still running. What the shit.

I kept up with Bleach until a few months ago. Then I stopped caring.

Blaster Knuckle is terrible. After the novelty factor wears off, all youre left with is a crappy berserk ripoff.

Both the art style and the writing in early Suicide Squad have not aged particularly well. The overall tale and character interaction are solid, but the other two? Time hasnt been kind. #dealwithit

Tizoc

Blaster Knuckle is terrible. After the novelty factor wears off, all youre left with is a crappy berserk ripoff.

Ther series ended by Vol. 3 without much to expand on, but I can always go back to it and enjoy KKK transforming into vampires and demons and getting uppercutted to their death.

Couple of Sejic's Sunstone prints from SDCC are up on Top Cow's store if anyone is interested. Hoping they release the covers print online too.

Also, new Sunstone tomorrow, woop woop!

Woah what's with the quick releases, I always known it as a webcomic kinda thing @_@

Messi

Ther series ended by Vol. 3 without much to expand on, but I can always go back to it and enjoy KKK transforming into vampires and demons and getting uppercutted to their death.

Woah what's with the quick releases, I always known it as a webcomic kinda thing @_@

New strip.

As for the quick trades. He is just reworking the online strips into trades until he catches up. He just finished up Vol 4 online not too long ago. When he releases the Vol 4 trade it will slow down.

This
There's also Berserk
Vagabond
and Blaster Knuckle
tumblr_nfb5dhg9Pf1rs6hqwo1_1280.png

Artist of Eyeshiled 21 is the same artist on the published One Punch Man manga.
E21's issue is that it suffered from a couple of anime tropes but it's cast more than makes up for that.

Wait whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Holy shit, I need to get on that.

Yousefb

Here's some pictures I took at Boston comic con! http://imgur.com/a/wPpF0

It was fun for my first con ever. I bought a bunch of old and new single issue comics. My plan is to put them together as a collage on my wall so I'll post a pic of that once that's done. I also attended the DC panel and got to see Scott Snyder and Brian Azarello talk it up that was definitely a highlight. But the best moment had to be when my friends and I were taking money out of an atm and suddenly behind is Stan freaking Lee casually strolling by haha it was awesome,took a sec for my brain to register who it was.

I kept up with Bleach until a few months ago. Then I stopped caring.

You're a stronger person than I, and somehow I'm a stronger person than most. I haven't met a single person who made it through the Fullbring arc - I actually did before giving up.

A part of me kind of wants to see how much worse it's gotten.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I remember some people talking about some of the Image books that had seemingly abandoned oversized hardcover sets with Fatale being a prime example.

Well I just noticed Amazon now has a listing for a second volume that would finish the series due for December.

I primarily use it to describe the trite and pandering trash that Japanese anime and video games have been crapping out for the better part of a decade.
I can only stomach that crap for only so long before I weep over the 200 minutes of my life I won't get back from watching that drivel.
Sure Im right there with you in disapproval of the product and the pandering and whatnot but you dont think gendered insults at characters is weird at best? Like when is calling a character a slut or whore actually alright?

I dont think by calling these characters loliwhores or w/e actually makes the point you want. It makes you look like people who call the new Thor 'Whor.'

I remember some people talking about some of the Image books that had seemingly abandoned oversized hardcover sets with Fatale being a prime example.

Well I just noticed Amazon now has a listing for a second volume that would finish the series due for December.

Yeah, the Fatale one was one of the long-lost OHCs. I think whatsinaname spotted it earlier this week/last week.

I just ordered the first two volumes of Deadly Class from Amazon. Did I do good?

You've done very well.

Oh i thought rocket league looked like this Supersonic car ball game i use to play all the time. I didnt know this was a sequel or I'd have tried it

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

It was fun for my first con ever. I bought a bunch of old and new single issue comics. My plan is to put them together as a collage on my wall so I'll post a pic of that once that's done. I also attended the DC panel and got to see Scott Snyder and Brian Azarello talk it up that was definitely a highlight. But the best moment had to be when my friends and I were taking money out of an atm and suddenly behind is Stan freaking Lee casually strolling by haha it was awesome,took a sec for my brain to register who it was.

Cool pics. I'm always impressed by cosplayers. How big is Boston Comic Con?

Cheska

There are some awesome cosplays in there! You should totally post a picture of your haul :) That's always the best part of a con!

Yousefb

Cool pics. I'm always impressed by cosplayers. How big is Boston Comic Con?
Yeah these guys have done amazing work! There's plenty more but I did not get pictures of everything, but the dedications these guys and girls put into their costumes is impressive. This is my first con so I don't really have a frame of reference but with that said it was a decent size. Plenty of stuff to see and do.

There are some awesome cosplays in there! You should totally post a picture of your haul :) That's always the best part of a con!
Will do once I get home!

Zombine

Banned
Really bummed that I didn't know about it, but at least I learned for next year. Didn't want to make that 2 hour drive two weekends in a row.

Speaking of Image books, Red One released 2 issues, has a hardcover and has 2 issues scheduled for next spring. That is quite the long game. Hell, the first two issues aren't even a whole arc..

I dropped the book. It wasn't great anyway. She has no personality that I can figure out. And to go after 2 issues "we're done with the arc and taking a break" I went. Nope!
I can't see myself getting the next 2 issues if that's it until 2017.

So does that mean we'd get an OHC with 4 issues? lol
You're being too optimistic.

Speaking of delayed books, has Sabrina been worth picking up? I enjoyed the first issue, then it hit limbo.

Do they really? How old are they like 16?

I think Sou Da knows more. He reported seeing it on the CBR boards iirc First time I was aware of it. Twitter search confirms it.

edit: Also, I think I forgot to say it earlier!

Happy Birthday Freeza!

May your links and images always work!

GH had me preorder my tickets. I'll definitely be seeing this alone...

ocimage.php

Get them ready bros.

At space city comic con, there was an artist wearing one of these. Not in one of those ironic hipster ways which I dont think any hipster does but thats beside the point. This guy had that kind of shirt, khaki shorts and long socks to go with his shoes. He was also playing his handheld most of the time.

Top Bottom