• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Not quite sure what to think of Bacchus. Halfway through volume 1, the art, while rough, has its charm. Yet to see anything that elevates it to greatness, tho.

I want to read it after Fear Agent. What's so off-putting about Bendis?

The dude has written so many popular books, that you have a hard time not seeing his trappings. He still writes good stuff, but when you read certain pieces of his work, you really start to see the seams. Namely, his team books are where all the characters start feeling samey or he writes favors one character heavily over others.

KSkySLu.png

Man, I love this book.

Yup the interactions between the team members are the best part. I had just finished the run and by the end they kind of grow into a dysfunctional family. I hope the movie can nail Boomerang and Waller well.

I love the pie throwing gag.

My God, the first TPB reprint is due out in September. fuck yeah.

I have a hard time with old art also. You are not alone my friend.

Having a hard time isn't the same as just outright saying it's bad tho. It's ok Messi, you still have the potential to reach your higher self.

There is no way I am going to read Animal Man before I sleep. Will start on Unknown Soldier. (Hope it isn't as disturbing as Animal Man).

This feels like back in school when I used to wait for the Saturday afternoon rerun of X-Files so I wouldn't have to watch the creepy episodes at night.

There is no way I am going to read Animal Man before I sleep. Will start on Unknown Soldier.(Hope it isn't as disturbing as Animal Man).

This feels like back in school when I used to wait for the Saturday afternoon rerun of X-Files so I wouldn't have to watch the creepy episodes at night.

Depends on where your threshold is.

Tizoc

I was struggling with the words, so I decided to just not say anything.

I think you've captured my feelings exactly.

If those GIFs are like needles to your eyes, have some One Punch Man goodness
tumblr_nsdxxhwrIF1r60zuio7_r1_250.gif

Can't wait for the anime adaptation by the end of the year XoX
(Read right to left of course)
vKyVAbU.jpg

You don't think 'moeslut' and 'loliwhore' are in pretty bad taste? Unless you're using them ironically here, in which case I can't tell.

I primarily use it to describe the trite and pandering trash that Japanese anime and video games have been crapping out for the better part of a decade.
I can only stomach that crap for only so long before I weep over the 200 minutes of my life I won't get back from watching that drivel.

Mind you I still intend to watch Princess Tutu
1196486200150.jpg

Savitar

415a714ad6ae7fe949695e015ea9d73b1362610704_full.gif

One Punch Man is great indeed.

But yeah, a lot of anime is crap today that is getting more and more uncomfortable.

Tizoc

415a714ad6ae7fe949695e015ea9d73b1362610704_full.gif

One Punch Man is great indeed.

But yeah, a lot of anime is crap today that is getting more and more uncomfortable.

There are good animes still, like this season there's Ushio and Tora, this is it's intro-
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi0GZpibVWQ

5 eps. so far but it's that 90s anime shonen goodness that's been making a comeback recently.

This'd be going off topic but-
There's a new anime airing titled Bikini Warriors
It is an anime that makes fun of various jRPG tropes. One scene involves the party going into a family's house and ransacking it finding items and gold and equipment. The family is just sitting there eating their food while house gets rummaged through by total strangers.
This'd be a fun and hilarious scene except that said party is a group of women and young girls in bikini armor...
I'd like to try and overlook that but let's face it they could've still done such an anime without going out of the way and putting blatant fanservice theme into it

Owzers

Trump trump trump. Ottoman is dented in because it was cheap and i think it happened during shipping, one of the sides must have that thin cardboard between the fake leather like the back of a cubicle shelf and it cave in.

I also read an issue of Saga and Invincible.......i read comics. Invnicible reminds me of an other Image book Halcyon with people not being happy about
the world kinda being "fixed" for the time being. Everything is peaceful and it's terrible!

Top Bottom