• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

0jNxJR1.png
cover of the year

OMG. Playing some Rocket league with randoms 3 vs 3. The game was tied 2 - 2 with 10 seconds left and I scored the winning goal! My first win on PS4 version. And second goal on PS4 version. Woot.

Zombine

Banned
OMG. Playing some Rocket league with randoms 3 vs 3. The game was tied 2 - 2 with 10 seconds left and I scored the winning goal! My first win on PS4 version. And second goal on PS4 version. Woot.

I believe

I believe that

I believe that we will win I believe that we will win I believe that we will win

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

now there's a game i can get behind

RL is a blast

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Finally finished Hellblazer Volume 3
What a total bore that was. The whole volume was one arc. Talk about a letdown. I'm very excited to start Volume 4 whenever I order that though. I should get it soon. I'm in super-save mode ever since I bought that laptop though. I don't want to spend ANY money.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
So I'm still reeling from The Man Without Fear. It really showed me what the medium is capable of!

I'm hammering my way through the original Daredevil series for historical value, just waiting for Miller's run. First eleven original issues anyways.

It blew my mind but my girlfriend and I just spent two hours in bed watching Daredevil. I didn't think she'd be willing but she totally enjoyed it, as did I. Really captures the spirit of the character as I'm coming to see him. I hope it gets closer to Miller's work as the season wears on. Only up to episode two so far, but fingers are squarely crossed!

Tizoc

Finally finished Hellblazer Volume 3
What a total bore that was. The whole volume was one arc. Talk about a letdown. I'm very excited to start Volume 4 whenever I order that though. I should get it soon. I'm in super-save mode ever since I bought that laptop though. I don't want to spend ANY money.

Who wrote the volumes? You really just want to read the Garth Ennis stories, and I think Morrison, Mark Millar or Peter Milligan wrote Hellblazer too, so read their run as well.
Skip the rest :V

frye

Who wrote the volumes? You really just want to read the Garth Ennis stories, and I think Morrison, Mark Millar or Peter Milligan wrote Hellblazer too, so read their run as well.
Skip the rest :V

Hellblazer is pretty consistently readable for a 300 issue comic actually.

Morrison wrote like 1 issue. Millar never wrote Hellblazer but was in contention with Ennis, John Smith, and Warren Ellis (the latter of which did get a run) after Delano back when they were all in their late teens/early 20s. Pete Milligan's run goes from 250-300 + an annual but that's a long ways away in the big paperbacks that Kipp is reading.

Up to issue #14 of Irredeemable and still not feeling it. Also not happy with how ladies are integrated into the story.

It's not a very good comic. Incorruptible is the better of the two but in the grand scheme of things there's better things to waste your time with

Nudull

Banned
Never cared for Irredeemable. Then again, I don't care for most dark "look how edgy and deconstructive we are!" superhero stories.

frye

Never cared for Irredeemable. Then again, I don't care for most dark "look how edgy and deconstructive we are!" superhero stories.

Well, I think Miracleman is fucking great so it isn't that for me but Irredeemable is no Miracleman, y'know?

Tizoc

Well, I think Miracleman is fucking great so it isn't that for me but Irredeemable is no Miracleman, y'know?

It wasn't even trying to be Miracleman or like that :p

Up to issue #14 of Irredeemable and still not feeling it. Also not happy with how ladies are integrated into the story.

As I said before, you may want to read a lot more cape comics before reading Irredeemable. You may not like it now, but after more reading you may like it better.

FYI one of the characters is based on the 10th Doctor :p

Hellblazer is pretty consistently readable for a 300 issue comic actually.

Morrison wrote like 1 issue. Millar never wrote Hellblazer but was in contention with Ennis, John Smith, and Warren Ellis (the latter of which did get a run) after Delano back when they were all in their late teens/early 20s. Pete Milligan's run goes from 250-300 + an annual but that's a long ways away in the big paperbacks that Kipp is reading.

I tend to forget the writers on that book heh.
It's not a very good comic. Incorruptible is the better of the two but in the grand scheme of things there's better things to waste your time with

Hmm I read i a few months ago and I enjoyed both, they were fine imo.

Zombine

Banned
Next box will be All New All Different. It just makes sense. I'm not sure I can pin point who they would associate with that for the theme, but I'd bet money that's what we'll get.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Had one of those 1-0 games hit the ball in the final 3 seconds it's going in and touches the ground as the ball is halfway in. Game over. Heartbreak.

Haven't been back.

Provided you don't have teammates who decide to t-bone you when you have the perfect shot lined up.

Get over it girl. You have been talking about this for too long now!

yikes ok both yall add me on psn and we'll get it done: cool_calm_jon

Tizoc

Except this book isn't edgy nor is deconstrcutive. It's basically: Superman is destroying the world, and the other heroes are trying to stop him.
Dark, yes, edgy, not from what I read.
Unless decontructing in this case is the other heroes and the world's reaction to Superman wanting to destroy the planet.

Hagi

Messi going all Sinister Silk on Funko lol

they were selling the last two boxes up until like last week so you should be able to get this one around October

Top Bottom