• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Noooooooooooooooooooooo

image__3_.jpg

people may hate on the Inhumans push, but i think Marvel's Medusa love is great if it means we get more panels like this.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
How far you planning to go on Hellblazer? 300 issues is a hefty sum, yet it looks like the writers in that series have always been high caliber.

I plan to read the whole thing. Not out of some loyalty or some need to finish it since I started it, but because I'm really enjoying it and enjoy the concept and really like all the writers on it.
Not all the TPBs are out yet though. They've been putting them out consistently (it seems like 3-4 a year), but they're not all the way to #300 yet. They've put out 11 TPBs so far, so I'm guessing they're at the early #100s by now.

Who wrote the volumes? You really just want to read the Garth Ennis stories, and I think Morrison, Mark Millar or Peter Milligan wrote Hellblazer too, so read their run as well.
Skip the rest :V

Jamie Delano has written everything so far that I've read. Up until this one arc, all of his stuff has been absolutely stellar and I've been completely loving it. I plan to read everything in the series. I've been really digging it so far.

See if they'll cut you a deal and just sell you the house. Then you can save on moving costs.

Or I could just wait until they die and inherit it for free. Morbid, yes. Realistic and pragmatic, also yes.
I may or may not be a terrible person.

Messi

Messi going all Sinister Silk on Funko lol

they were selling the last two boxes up until like last week so you should be able to get this one around October

Funko can go fuck themselves as far as I am concerned.

I also just did something really fucking stupid and expensive. But totally in Baller-GAF range. But it's gonna take a while to come. I am also strongly considering buying the premium format Harley.

Hagi

Jane Thor was what I wanted, Miles was just the icing on the cake. They didn't even say shit about him.

I wasn't expecting two POPs at all so this is pretty fucking cool and makes me even happier to keep the subscription going. It being bi-monthly makes me care less about it being a bit more expensive because I'm in the UK.

I plan to read the whole thing. Not out of some loyalty or some need to finish it since I started it, but because I'm really enjoying it and enjoy the concept and really like all the writers on it.
Not all the TPBs are out yet though. They've been putting them out consistently (it seems like 3-4 a year), but they're not all the way to #300 yet. They've put out 11 TPBs so far, so I'm guessing they're at the early #100s by now.

Well, the worst of Hellblazer is in the 80's/early 90's issues (with some exceptions, obv), so if you're liking those you'll most likely absolutely love what comes later.

Think i should have a go at it again, iirc i stopped after the cabin fever arc. Or the snuff videos arc. Somewhere.

Zombine

Banned
I'm kind of turned off by "BallerGAF" or whatever. It's sorta lame fishing for compliments for stupid things we do with our cash. I'm not super concerned about making a spectacle about what I buy at this point.

I see what JC was talking about tbh.

Messi

I'm kind of turned off by "BallerGAF" or whatever. It's sorta lame fishing for compliments for stupid things we do with our cash. I'm not super concerned about making a spectacle about what I buy at this point.

This is disgusting coming from the biggest bragger of them all

Zombine

Banned
This is disgusting coming from the biggest bragger of them all

I haven't really been doing it lately. I'm just kind of tired of BallerGAF. I buy stuff quietly now.

Thats why he left us? Where did he say this?

He mentioned it a while back when Sillymonkey showed his awesome collection. It's more impressive when we don't shove it in everyone's faces. GK's collection is ginormous, dude owns his house, and he's dead silent about his shit other than those pics. I've got a lot of respect for it and I'm trying to gain that same sense of humility.

I haven't really been doing it lately. I'm just kind of tired of BallerGAF. I buy stuff quietly now.
Uh you just mentioned your latest IST order yesterday

I have no issue with people placing info on the latest orders. I do it because a) I like getting feedback on items placed b) this is one of the few places that would understand these purchases. It's not like I think I'm some big shot or anything.

I also like providing feedback on other orders. It's another good way to drumb up discussions on comics and stuff outside the usual new comic impressions.

Edit: but I do try to balance it out. And keep it focused on the items at hand

Messi

He mentioned it a while back when Sillymonkey showed his awesome collection. It's more impressive when we don't shove it in everyone's faces.

Fair enough. Just remember it the next time you are bragging about owning your avatar ect

I have no issue with people placing info on the latest orders. I do it because a) I like getting feedback on items placed b) this is one of the few places that would understand these purchases. It's not like I think I'm some big shot or anything.

I also like providing feedback on other orders. It's another good way to drumb up discussions on comics and stuff outside the usual new comic impressions.

Lol

Zombine

Banned

Nah not that. I'm talking about bragging about the amount spent vs. the actual items. I feel like you misinterpreted what I said. I was commending you for being humble.

Fair enough. Just remember it the next time you are bragging about owning your avatar ect

I'm trying. It's a genuinely crappy trait and I'd like to kick it.

Messi

Zombine is taking a joke grouping very seriously.

Kind of like girly hijinks gaf. It's not really a thing. It's a joke.

Zombine

Banned
Ah yea. I get that part. I try to keep it more the love of the hobby, not anything else.

Yeah look at my edit. I think you misinterpreted that. I think it's cool that you have this "BallerGAF" collection yet you were dead silent about it. That's cooler to me than say me going "LOOK AT WHAT I GOT IT WAS A BILLION DOLLARS"

Zombine is taking a joke grouping very seriously.

Kind of like girly hijinks gaf. It's not really a thing. It's a joke.

I'm resigning myself as the head of BallerGAF and I turned in my Girly card a few months ago

:(

Honestly, I'd rather not think about how much I've spent on comics (or really anything that forms what could be considered a collection) beyond the needed "Is my spending reasonable given my current and potential near to medium term financial situation?"

Messi

Yeah look at my edit. I think you misinterpreted that. I think it's cool that you have this "BallerGAF" collection yet you were dead silent about it. That's cooler to me than say me going "LOOK AT WHAT I GOT IT WAS A BILLION DOLLARS"

I'm resigning myself as the head of BallerGAF and I turned in my Girly card a few months ago

:(

You aren't Cheska so you aren't the head.

Top Bottom