• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Zombine

Banned
Damn looking at that CBR article. Love Jim Lees Xmen art. He was crushing it back then.

Lee is one of those guys I enjoy, but his art on X-Men and just about everything in the 80s-90s was just what would happen of Rob Liefeld was really good. Lee just sets up his characters in weird poses, and his females are always standing around like supermodels.

Lee is one of those guys I enjoy, but his art on X-Men and just about everything in the 80s-90s was just what would happen of Rob Liefeld was really good. Lee just sets up his characters in weird poses, and his females are always standing around like supermodels.
Well he does suffer some from image disease. But then he's got these other panels that really pop. More so than his contemporaries like Liefeld, McFarlene, Larson, etc

I like to live vicariously through BallerGAF's purchasing habits, so the cutbacks are a little disappointing to me. The only cool thing like that I have is my Michonne sketch, but even that's more for the story of meeting Charlie Adlard and the look on his face when my show-only friend asked for Daryl.

Totally see why people are changing and why peeps like JC are turned off by it though.

Messi

I like to live vicariously through BallerGAF's purchasing habits, so the cutbacks are a little disappointing to me. The only cool thing like that I have is my Michonne sketch, but even that's more for the story of meeting Charlie Adlard and the look on his face when my show-only friend asked for Daryl.

Totally see why people are changing and why peeps like JC are turned off by it though.

Don't worry Zombine won't actually change. Wait until NYCC lol

Zombine

Banned
Why won't anyone let me pretend that I'm going to change?

Speaking of BallerGAF, I'm ready to basically run down all of you to get in my Wada Gwen commission.

Zombine

Banned
You have my sword, until you buy it off me.

To this day Messi makes me promise that I won't buy whatever he shows me. He didn't show me that Al Pachino Starfire because I'm a known swiper. I probably just lashed out before because my feelings were hurt. He traded me in for that Snake Oil Salesman GH.

I think a Paint reconstruction is required to fully demonstrate the disbelief on his face.

Owzers

To this day Messi makes me promise that I won't buy whatever he shows me. He didn't show me that Al Pachino Starfire because I'm a known swiper. I probably just lashed out before because my feelings were hurt. He traded me in for that Snake Oil Salesman GH.

Pachino as Starfire....maybe he needs the work.

Edit, argh I'm wrong.

Sadist

So next to Walking Dead vol. 7, 8 and New Avengers vol. 3 this week, I bought Ultimate Comics Spider-Man vol. 1 and Avengers Time Runs Out vol. 3.

I need to stop guys

Messi

We should at least support him in his attempt to change, lol!

2862748-2837551-2258758044-ysknt.gif

Messi

All this talk of BallerGaf and I still don't know what Messi is spending an inordinate amount of money on

all I spend my money on is comics and gundam kits

Lupacchino Starfire page, Supergirl page and Harley head sketch.

Lupacchino loot crate innit

I suppose I can show you the Starfire so that if Zombeen steals from me again you will know what a prick he is.

Hagi

Lupacchino Starfire page, Supergirl page and Harley head sketch.

Lupacchino loot crate innit

I suppose I can show you the Starfire so that if Zombeen steals from me again you will know what a prick he is.

wow that looks pretty cool she's a really good artist, you must have quite a growing collection.

lol what did he snipe you on?

Messi

wow that looks pretty cool she's a really good artist, you must have quite a growing collection.

lol what did he snipe you on?

I showed him two new avengers black Swan pages by epting. He told me he would buy what I didn't and I said I wanted time to think it over few days. I come back to the eBay listing and one is gone. I asked Zombine and he fessed up.

Now he gets told about purchases after they are done.

El Topo

Decided to finally give in to my desire to read comics again. After going through some lists I bought the first two volumes of The Wicked + The Divine. Absolutely loved it, until the ending of the second volume.
Maybe they'll take it into an interesting direction. Hopefully. It would be a shame if this series lost its way.

Messi

Decided to finally give in to my desire to read comics again. After reading some lists I bought the first two volumes of The Wicked + The Divine. Absolutely loved it, until the ending of the second volume.
Maybe they'll take it into an interesting direction. Hopefully. It would be a shame if this series lost its way.

Hey look it's the exact same feelings I have.
Those two pages near the end are devastating and killed my love of the series. Then two issues later they stomped it out completely.

Hagi

Don't really think Dark Knight needed a sequel let alone an epic conclusion to the trilogy

I showed him two new avengers black Swan pages by epting. He told me he would buy what I didn't and I said I wanted time to think it over few days. I come back to the eBay listing and one is gone. I asked Zombine and he fessed up.

Now he gets told about purchases after they are done.

tumblr_m7zsj1rdBL1rsy50k.gif

Quite right Messi, quite right.

Are you ready?

"THE EPIC CONCLUSION TO THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS TRILOGY....

....until we decide to make another one."

I'm going to wait for the trade and this community's impressions I think. The single issues are a crazy price, the deluxe editions even worse. I don't feel comfortable supporting a series with $13 editions and a bloody slipcase!

El Topo

Hey look it's the exact same feelings I have.
Those two pages near the end are devastating and killed my love of the series. Then two issues later they stomped it out completely.

Only bought the next issue, realized it's a different artist and decided to wait until I can buy the actual volume digitally.

Does the end of BallerGAF mean I can't post pictures of my library pickups any more. :(

Can Kipp post an image of his Porsche when he gets it?

Also ed, those images are hilarious!

Justice League Dark #14 - #21: Yeah, this is starting to get a bit one note. I will take a break before getting to the 4th and 5th trades. Constantine continues to wallow in his narcissism. ("everything happened because of meeee"). Zatanna gives up her jobbing for a bit, then completely disappears between arcs (unlike Amy Amethyst who disappeared in the middle of an arc seemingly without anyone else noticing). Xanadu continues to make cryptic facebook posts. ("something evil is coming, but I don't want to talk about it..."). And
poor Boston lives for about 5 seconds before he dies again

The Mighty Thor #337 - #340: Holy shit, this is epic in the original sense of the world. The art is beautiful and so is the tone of the writing. Loving the fonts used for the sound effects. Also, Beta Ray Bill is so hype. I can see why all the Thor fans like him so much. I really hope this quality is maintained through to the end.

Lemire and Milligan (at least in their Justice League Dark writings) should have take some notes on how to do good transitions between many different locations and scenes without leaving the reader reeling.

Justice League Dark #14 - #21: Yeah, this is starting to get a bit one note. I will take a break before getting to the 4th and 5th trades. Constantine continues to wallow in his narcissism. ("everything happened because of meeee"). Zatanna gives up her jobbing for a bit, then completely disappears between arcs (unlike Amy Amethyst who disappeared in the middle of an arc seemingly without anyone else noticing). Xanadu continues to make cryptic facebook posts. ("something evil is coming, but I don't want to talk about it..."). And
poor Boston lives for about 5 seconds before he dies again

Token reminded that the content of the fourth trade is read better in the Justice League: Trinity War and Forever Evil: Blight event trades. If you just read JLD vol. 4, it won't make any sense.

Top Bottom