• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Messi

Edit:

Wait lol

Totally wasn't what I thought it was lol

200w.gif

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Man, I watching Days of Future Past Rouge Cut right now and while its a pretty good X-Men Movie, its a really disappointing Days of Future Past Adaption... And the Sentinel design sucks donkey balls. What were they thinking, they already had the best Sentinel design in X3

Edit: poor Ororo, everyone is allowed to have a name, just she is always called Storm *g*

Hagi

I thought they just had a Sentinel head in X3 and never actually showed them fully? haven't actually watched the film.

I liked both Sentinel designs actually, especially the weird future nimrod-esque type.

Zombine

Banned
Man, I watching Days of Future Past Rouge Cut right now and while its a pretty good X-Men Movie, its a really disappointing Days of Future Past Adaption... And the Sentinel design sucks donkey balls. What were they thinking, they already had the best Sentinel design in X3

Edit: poor Ororo, everyone is allowed to have a name, just she is always called Storm *g*

I dunno I really enjoyed it a lot. The Rogue Cut is absolutely not worth the double dip though.

Hagi

I dunno I really enjoyed it a lot. The Rogue Cut is absolutely not worth the double dip though.

She's one of the worst characters in the films so her not actually being in DoFP proper was a bonus in my eyes.

I enjoy it, too, but I would have liked to see the focus more on Kitty, I am sick of Wolverine and the X-Men part 736

Have to wait till after WolverIIIne for that

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I have not, though I am anticipating it. I might wet my beak in it once I finish the first Preacher trade.

Preacher and Hellblazer back to back. That's some good reading.
But when you read Hellblazer, just remember to be patient with the writing. Delano has some really wordy prose. It's very good though, it just takes a little more patience than comics usually require. Changing my mindset to that helped me enjoy it way more. The first time I picked it up I was like "Uuugh. So boring." But then I went back to it with a more patient mindset and it was the greatest thing ever.

GoHastings.

in 2015

I stopped buying from them when they got rid of the $0.98 flat shipping. That was the best ever. I bought so many cheap awful books just because they were so cheap even with shipping.

Hagi

Cant wait. But Fox does a good Job how they planing the future of X-Men movies. Lots of interesting stuff on the way.

It's all they have now so they won't want to fuck it up. I'd still like to see a Generation X film at some point which they could easily do now they've reset the timeline to X-Men the Younger Years™. Getting a non terrible Emma onscreen would be fantastic.

Preacher and Hellblazer back to back. That's some good reading.
But when you read Hellblazer, just remember to be patient with the writing. Delano has some really wordy prose. It's very good though, it just takes a little more patience than comics usually require. Changing my mindset to that helped me enjoy it way more. The first time I picked it up I was like "Uuugh. So boring." But then I went back to it with a more patient mindset and it was the greatest thing ever.

I stopped buying from them when they got rid of the $0.98 flat shipping. That was the best ever. I bought so many cheap awful books just because they were so cheap even with shipping.

I must say, I did not care for
the kid that tried to blow his brains out like Kurt Cobain.
I thought that was in pretty bad taste.

Also, yeah, that .98 shipping was dope as hell. Now you really have to look for those deals where the shipping doesn't kill it. :/

Sadist

Btw, I had no idea that the "Time runs out" issues from Hickman's New Avengers/Avengers are combined into collected editions, derp. Makes collecting easier.

I'll throw out the the digital code for volume 3 I got today tomorrow here in comic GAF

Kipp

I must say, I did not care for
the kid that tried to blow his brains out like Kurt Cobain.
I thought that was in pretty bad taste.

Ah, that's fair enough. What about that did you think was in bad taste, out of curiosity?
Just wondering, since that never really crossed my mind as offensive and I also quite like that character.

Gee, it is almost as if a bunch of english speaking actors would constantly mangle the pronunciation, so they settled for her nom de guerre

Ah, that's fair enough. What about that did you think was in bad taste, out of curiosity?
Just wondering, since that never really crossed my mind as offensive and I also quite like that character.

A victim of bullying and parental abuse that tries to blow his brains out and is constantly mocked all the way to the very end of the book, and you genuinely ask what was in bad taste about it?

It's even worse than Starr's "he was raped, so now he enjoys taking it up the ass".

Kipp

A victim of bullying and parental abuse that tries to blow his brains out and is constantly mocked all the way to the very end of the book, and you genuinely ask what was in bad taste about it?

He's certainly not mocked throughout the book...
Very minor spoilers, but tagging just in case:
Like a quarter of the way through the series, everyone loves the guy. He's treated in the book as a protagonist, without a doubt. He's an incredibly nice guy and he's super popular by the end. If anything, he's the best-treated character in the whole book. I saw it more as a redemption story of how even though things had hit rock bottom for him, he was still able to go and live a life he loved.
I mean, I'm not trying to say the character is 100% inoffensive, but the book is built upon the foundation of being offensive. In my opinion, this is nothing to get up in arms about. If you're offended by it, you're offended by it though, and I respect that. People get offended by different things. I personally don't find it offensive, but you and Launchpad are fully within your rights to be offended by it.

Zombine

Banned
When Kipp comes out and shits on you you know you're soft as hell. This is the same book where his dad
fucks himself in the ass with his own penis and then commits suicide.
Ya'll should know what you're getting into with Ennis.

I absolutely understand sympathizing with characters, but to get offended when reading shit like this is like listening to Eminem and being shocked at the homophobic lyrics in like half of his discography.

Messi

When Kipp comes out and shits on you you know you're soft as hell. This is the same book where his dad

Wat

Kipp

I just wanted to have a nice discussion, and then Coriolanus comes in and attacks me for not getting offended at something. I gotta defend my honor.

This is the same book where his dad

Hahaha. Yes. That was a great scene.
And thank you.

Zombine

Banned
I just wanted to have a nice discussion, and then Coriolanus comes in and attacks me for not getting offended at something. I gotta defend my honor.

Hahaha. Yes. That was a great scene.
And thank you.

It gave me goosebumps when I first read that and I have no idea how they'll interpret this on AMC.

Something being in bad taste does not mean that one must be offended about it, ffs you buncha thin skinned persons of delicate sensibilities.

87934-30370-arseface.jpg

i'd show you all whats what if i werent baking brownies right now.

Kipp

lol

In all seriousness, I usually avoid topics like these cuz nothing good comes with fighting and dismissing opinions left and right.

I didn't want to fight nor did I dismiss opinions. I tried to do the opposite in fact.
I did start all this though, intentionally or not, so I apologize for that.

Kipp

Something being in bad taste does not mean that one must be offended about it, ffs you buncha thin skinned persons of delicate sensibilities.

i'd show you all whats what if i werent baking brownies right now.

Doesn't bad taste imply taking offense though? Or else it wouldn't be in bad taste, would it?

Also, you insulting everyone all the time in every post is getting pretty tiresome.

Top Bottom