• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Hagi

Messi do you still read Guardians? is it good? I dropped out after the first couple of issues but I want to read something on MU and I'm leaning to that.

I read Trial of Jean Grey and they were in that and I didn't hate it.

Demon Knights #13 - #23: Hey look. A fun swords and sorcery series. With great world building and interesting and fairly consistent characters and dynamic. Good story telling with cohesive transitions between arcs and good art. Set in 1043 AD with not interference from those stupid events! Let's cancel it!

Thanks DiDio.

I really enjoyed this series. Thankfully the creative team had enough of a heads-up to wrap everything up nicely, even though we didn't see a new Camelot.

Demon Knights #13 - #23: Hey look. A fun swords and sorcery series. With great world building and interesting and fairly consistent characters and dynamic. Good story telling with cohesive transitions between arcs and good art. Set in 1043 AD with not interference from those stupid events! Let's cancel it!

Thanks DiDio.

I really enjoyed this series. Thankfully the creative team had enough of a heads-up to wrap everything up nicely, even though we didn't see a new Camelot.

Demon Knights was the definition of too good to last.

Justice League Dark is fairly inconsistent and mediocre overall and that seems to have run for 40+ issues. Maybe they should have called it Justice League 1013 or something.

Isn't it fairly consistent in its mediocrity?

I gave up on it after... 3-4 issues. If dudes were misusing Constantine THAT badly, there was no saving the book.

Token reminded that the content of the fourth trade is read better in the Justice League: Trinity War and Forever Evil: Blight event trades. If you just read JLD vol. 4, it won't make any sense.

Yeah JLD and the magic side in general was a big fumble in the new 52. I was really looking forward to seeing what was happening to Dark Universe (apparently cancelled) and Mystik U (last said to be delayed until October, but wasn't in solicits). I still have to check out Demon Knights and Amethyst, I hear nothing but good about them.

Isn't it fairly consistent in its mediocrity?

I gave up on it after... 3-4 issues. If dudes were misusing Constantine THAT badly, there was no saving the book.

Nah, there are a couple of arcs and moments where it does escape mediocrity but the bad parts are really bad. If my library wasn't finding and bringing me the trades, I would have mostly dropped it after the first trade too.

Messi

Messi do you still read Guardians? is it good? I dropped out after the first couple of issues but I want to read something on MU and I'm leaning to that.

I read Trial of Jean Grey and they were in that and I didn't hate it.

I only read the first twelve and loved it. But I am waiting for the OHCs

Art for the new Rat Queens is phenomenal and I usually hate artist changes of any kind.

It's good, Tess's style is right out of 2nd edition AD&D books, but I don't know if it's a great fit. It's missing a bit of energy, I think. Like, it would be fine for a licensed D&D or Pathfinder series, but Rat Queens has a bit more edge to it than something like that.

I wish Sejic could have stayed on.

It's good, Tess's style is right out of 2nd edition AD&D books, but I don't know if it's a great fit. It's missing a bit of energy, I think.

I wish Sejic could have stayed on.

That's a good comparison. Her art feels like it would be more suited to a serious fantasy comic.

Sejic took the better deal for himself when you take his health into consideration.

Loki Agent of Asgard 17 is pretty much a Sandman introspection ish.

Metacommentary, closing a character arc, moving on.

Perfect way to end his run, really.

Hagi

Quills pre movie costume is horrible damn what were Bendis and co thinking. Gamora actually suits the Mass Effect body armor though so gg for that

I read the first few issues of Edmondson's Black Widow a while ago on MU but it didn't really click with me. Noto's art is godlike though.

I really like it but there's no mistaking it's a very dour comic

Zombine

Banned
I'm 100% you bandwagoner dickhead

Hey man I'm not the one who repped The Heat till they choked and ran off to Houston. Fuck the Knicks 4 lyfe m8.

I can't help that the Irish on my dad's side decided to mingle with Native Americans. I bet you would too if you had the chance.

Is that why you hate Quitely's tuberous faces?

Hey now.

ig3kjzwtm7sJ3.gif
[

Top Bottom