• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

I gotta see if that's even playing around here. If it is I totally will. But will buy tickets online to avoid box office embarrassment.

I went to see all three Madoka movies at some art theater down here, I don't think I can feel any embarrassment for going to see DBZ

Anyways, was looking at some comic releases and saw Hellboy and The BPRD volume 1 comes out soon :O I gotta cop that. Especially with Maleev on art duties. I'm in way too deep on this shit...

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Man, I pretty much just stayed at my FroYo job all day today doing random stuff and it barely even felt like work. I love that job so much.

Pics_nao

So, uh, I bought Edge of Spider-Verse and was wondering where do I go from here? Spider Gwen was fucking dope. More of that please.

Also, holy fuck are comics usually this expensive now? It's been years since I bought one but I get manga per chapter for far cheaper.

Bii

Here's some pictures I took at Boston comic con! http://imgur.com/a/wPpF0

It was fun for my first con ever. I bought a bunch of old and new single issue comics. My plan is to put them together as a collage on my wall so I'll post a pic of that once that's done. I also attended the DC panel and got to see Scott Snyder and Brian Azarello talk it up that was definitely a highlight. But the best moment had to be when my friends and I were taking money out of an atm and suddenly behind is Stan freaking Lee casually strolling by haha it was awesome,took a sec for my brain to register who it was.

I'm glad you decided to go. Cons are fun and I can spend all day at one, even if it's extremely small. I plan on going to one this weekend, yay!

You're a stronger person than I, and somehow I'm a stronger person than most. I haven't met a single person who made it through the Fullbring arc - I actually did before giving up.

A part of me kind of wants to see how much worse it's gotten.

I still read the manga... <_<

Really bummed that I didn't know about it, but at least I learned for next year. Didn't want to make that 2 hour drive two weekends in a row.

I'm always bummed out whenever I learn of an event that I missed out on and have to plan for the following year.

Tyrant, pls. Madoka is some fucking dark shit.
The crowd was the embarrassing part. Not a big fan of the series to begin with though, my friend dragged me along.
So, uh, I bought Edge of Spider-Verse and was wondering where do I go from here? Spider Gwen was fucking dope. More of that please.

Also, holy fuck are comics usually this expensive now? It's been years since I bought one but I get manga per chapter for far cheaper.
If you want more Spider-Gwen then the first trade of her solo book shouldn't be too far off I imagine. You may want to check out Spider-Verse too.

And yeah, comics can be pricey. Best advice is to buy the books online and save some cash. There's also digital subscription services like Marvel Unlimited and Scribd which are great ways to try out various comics for cheap.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
What the flying fuck... yo G-Ket (or any MU user), they just dumped 8 issues of Avengers / New Avengers on there with no warning, last issue uploaded was still a "in 4 months time runs out" and now they are all up to "in 1 month..."

4 Avengers and 4 New Avengers just shadow uploaded lol. I only noticed because there is a spotlight on the pre-SW arc. Soooooooo... does this mean they are going to start SW soon? :eek:

The crowd was the embarrassing part. Not a big fan of the series to begin with though, my friend dragged me along.

I've never really been one for magical girl anime. But I like Madoka just fine.

And Yuki Yuna is a Hero.

8MdIKLs.gif

What the flying fuck... yo G-Ket (or any MU user), they just dumped 8 issues of Avengers / New Avengers on there with no warning, last issue uploaded was still a "in 4 months time runs out" and now they are all up to "in 1 month..."

4 Avengers and 4 New Avengers just shadow uploaded lol. I only noticed because there is a spotlight on the pre-SW arc. Soooooooo... does this mean they are going to start SW soon? :eek:
Haha what? MU is going. Nuts with their release schedules. I thought I understood it. Now it's some drunk guy at the keyboard

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Haha what? MU is going. Nuts with their release schedules. I thought I understood it. Now it's some drunk go at the keyboard

I know. It's pretty much uploaded up to SW now...like there's no way they are starting SW anytime soon right?

Squire

Banned

They put up Hawkeye #22 the week is was out and pulled in a few hours of something. It's pretty obvious the uploads aren't automated, so somebody must've screwed up. Those'll be down by tomorrow, probably.

Rhaknar

They put up Hawkeye #22 the week is was out and pulled in a few hours of something. It's pretty obvious the uploads aren't automated, so somebody must've screwed up. Those'll be down by tomorrow, probably.

Oh shit I missed Hawkguy 22? :(

Rhaknar

And the issues are already down lol. Teasing fuckers :(

Oh well back to waiting

Rhaknar

I did read the latest "proper" New Avengers issue, which was just a bunch of exposition. Would be fine in trade but as a monthly issue nothing happened so meh

Messi

Really enjoying the Guardians Team up series. The issue with Gamora and She Hulk teaming up a few months ago was great. As was the one where Gamora and Nightcrawler team up. Tonight I read the issue with Drax and Ant Man in Miami , it was written by Paul Scheer and it was really funny. Art was really good too. You guys should check this out. I am sure the first trade will be a fun read whenever it comes out.

Yousefb

All I wanted to get from the con was freaking issues of Remender's Xforce and it was pretty much impossible to find. A lot of the older and the newer versions, but that one? I managed to find a coule issues only.

I already have the collected trade by the way, I just wanted hang up particular issues lol

Tizoc

Watched the first episode of Avengers Assemble with the SO as a lark. Yikes.

The old 90s cartoon or the new Avengers cartoon from a few years ago?
Cuz you want to watch Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes instead which is a much better cartoon about the Avengers.

Here's some pictures I took at Boston comic con! http://imgur.com/a/wPpF0

It was fun for my first con ever. I bought a bunch of old and new single issue comics. My plan is to put them together as a collage on my wall so I'll post a pic of that once that's done. I also attended the DC panel and got to see Scott Snyder and Brian Azarello talk it up that was definitely a highlight. But the best moment had to be when my friends and I were taking money out of an atm and suddenly behind is Stan freaking Lee casually strolling by haha it was awesome,took a sec for my brain to register who it was.
nice, looks like A Good Time

I guess i could complete the rest of Cable & X-Force since i got the first two arcs in another sale but that was before i had MU, and I think it's all there. And Cable & X-Force is such a MU-tier book

The old 90s cartoon or the new Avengers cartoon from a few years ago?
Cuz you want to watch Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes instead which is a much better cartoon about the Avengers.
The one still airing. I watched a few episodes of Earth's Mightiest Heroes a while back but didn't care too much for it. Suppose I'll give it a second shot one day.

Messi

Hail Hydra #1: barely held my interest for the length of the book. Why did nomad look identical to Tom hardy on most panels? Won't be getting the next one.

Just finished plague v 1 on my reread.

It's unbelievable. These comics just get better and better the more you reread them.

It's my first read and it's just incredible. Just got to the part in Plague of Frogs volume 2 where
Black Flame is just sitting over Abe and says "I think I've made a mistake" while Katha-Hem is behind them.

Hail Hydra #1: barely held my interest for the length of the book. Why did nomad look identical to Tom hardy on most panels? Won't be getting the next one.

I was going to buy it but I flipped through it in the shop and it looked pretty meh-tacular.

It's my first read and it's just incredible. Just got to the part in Plague of Frogs volume 2 where
Black Flame is just sitting over Abe and says "I think I've made a mistake" while Katha-Hem is behind them.

YUP.

I love how among the giant monster craziness, it's rooted in such human frailty and character in every issue. Best book ever.

And god damn, can Guy Davis draw EVERYTHING. I look at how he draws every book and every mug on every desk, and then think about other artists just not even drawing backgrounds it's like, shit. The dude can draw so much STUFF. And it works so well on this book, with so many libraries and storage facilities and just so so so much detail.

I want Guy Davis pages.

So, out of all my pulls last week, Justice League Gods and Monsters: Superman has to be my favorite. Least favorite being Black Canary, though I still enjoyed it.

I really don't know how I feel about Constantine Hellblazer. Seems very lighthearted, so it's hard to accept it as Constantine. Though, it is still a very enjoyable book.
If I commit to Astonishing X-Men, I'll check out New X-Men first.
I should have done that, but damn is Astonishing so good.
Sure Im right there with you in disapproval of the product and the pandering and whatnot but you dont think gendered insults at characters is weird at best? Like when is calling a character a slut or whore actually alright?

I dont think by calling these characters loliwhores or w/e actually makes the point you want. It makes you look like people who call the new Thor 'Whor.'

Someone here did around the time the book started

But that book is godlike, though.

YUP.

I love how among the giant monster craziness, it's rooted in such human frailty and character in every issue. Best book ever.

And god damn, can Guy Davis draw EVERYTHING. I look at how he draws every book and every mug on every desk, and then think about other artists just not even drawing backgrounds it's like, shit. The dude can draw so much STUFF. And it works so well on this book, with so many libraries and storage facilities and just so so so much detail.

I want Guy Davis pages.

Yess. Arcudi and Mignola make even characters like Abe and Roger feel completely human. Especially Roger with how naive he is.

And totally agree on Davis. The amount of detail he puts in is just insane. Like those messages the frogs are all carving on the walls and stuff or all of the mushrooms in that one issue. Dude's great.

edit: Just finished Plague of Frogs volume 2! I'll do volume 3 then start Hellboy LE 4 since it comes next I think.

It is but some people had problems with Thor being a lady. Stupid people.

I always like to defend the greater comic fanbase by saying we're not close-minded nerds by saying we just like good stories, and that sex and race don't matter.

Then stuff like that happens, and I get sad.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I pretty much just stayed at my FroYo job all day today doing random stuff and it barely even felt like work. I love that job so much.

Zuiaiwr.png
Zuiaiwr.png
Zuiaiwr.png
Zuiaiwr.png
Zuiaiwr.png
Zuiaiwr.png
Way to go Kipp!
Zuiaiwr.png
Zuiaiwr.png
Zuiaiwr.png
Zuiaiwr.png
Zuiaiwr.png

Glad it's going well. My new job is better than I was hoping it would be, too. I was unemployed for a while there, and it just feels great to have a place to go during the day again.

Top Bottom