• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I'm at a point where I'm afraid to read Hellboy (even though I own it) because I know I need like a billion other books for that Hickman-like experience.

I know how you feel... I have no trouble starting to read all the Library Editions, but I dont know if I really want to read BRPD and Abe Sapiens, even when they are good. In the end, they will be lying in the self while I continue to read my Cape books, because I consider those more important and easier to follow.

I know how you feel... I have no trouble starting to read all the Library Editions, but I dont know if I really want to read BRPD and Abe Sapiens, even when they are good. In the end, they will be lying in the self while I continue to read my Cape books, because I consider those more important and easier to follow.

They have everything cape books have, and are supes easy to follow.

They're not like Image books that are more meandering and plot-light, these things are a fucking rocket and you hold on for dear goddamned life.

I'm actually kinda surprised by how little Satanboy and Co. stuff there is out there, given how long the character's been around. Justified, since most of it is very good to great. Tends to avoid sturgeon's law like a boss.

Roundup never gets mentioned around here, so I figured I was the only one in the know of what's good and what isn't

I just type stuff on google and see what kinda grades pop, tbqh

Thought process on the "both" was "did mignola write it? aye. did it score well? aye. Mandatory it is, then."

Thought process on the "both" was "did mignola write it? aye. did it score well? aye. Mandatory it is, then."

To be fair, all of Mignola's co-writers are just as good (if not better, tbh). Arcudi is the mastermind behind the BPRD golden age.

I was half-joking, but I do use it often to find some niche stuff that's getting buzz

And yeah, I don't know why you wouldn't want to read a Mignola book if you haven't heard it's absolutely terrible or something.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I'm at a point where I'm afraid to read Hellboy (even though I own it) because I know I need like a billion other books for that Hickman-like experience.

The first two Hellboy Library Editions can be read standalone, so you can at least dip your toes in without feeling like you must read the whole thing in one go and get that transcendental experience.
So yeah, do that.

Plague of Frogs 2

Seeing that double page on roger and brojamin lighting up their cigars and chilling has me grinning like a mad bastard.

ComicGAF Hearthstone tourney? Messi buys the winner a Guy Davis page?

I'd kill to play with US folk, but no cross-region multi. =(

The EU Hearthstone tourney in that thread was great fun. Hopefully there's another one when the TGT meta settles a bit.

Note to self: Don't bring Tempo Mage again this time.

I'd kill to play with US folk, but no cross-region multi. =(

The EU Hearthstone tourney in that thread was great fun. Hopefully there's another one when the TGT meta settles a bit.

Note to self: Don't bring Tempo Mage again this time.

Gah! I keep forgetting that there are seperate regions.

So wack!!!

Owzers

Wait everyone post your battle.net ids. I don't know who's who.

I'm KidInsomnia#1967

I thought I was KidInsomnia.....none of this makes sense.

Oh right, I'm Owzers#1841

I don't think tgt will help me outside of dust, I need a lot of classic cards and dr boom. There's a couple commons I would use on my mediocre priest though from tgt.

I don't play video games.

n5UL7.gif

EDIT: Bwahaha, GIF backfire.

Tizoc

No you don't.
Just read the main Hellboy series or Library editions.
BPRD is it's own thing, Hellboy is it's own thing.
They do have a few links but the major plots of their stories are stand alone.

Stop giving excuses and go read good comics.

I thought I was KidInsomnia.....none of this makes sense.

Oh right, I'm Owzers#1841

I don't think tgt will help me outside of dust, I need a lot of classic cards and dr boom. There's a couple commons I would use on my mediocre priest though from tgt.

Figured that was you :)

Yeah, I need
Doc Boom
Ysera
Archmage
Harrison

I think I have every legendary in the game except the five or six that actually matter.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
man, i don't get Hearthstone

played for a while but after years of MTG it just isn't diverse or flexible enough for me

i'm still on that Valiant lore train... gonna wrap that up before Hellboy

I am glad you are enjoying Valiant. It's nice knowing someone does.

:)

Valiant >>> Harley

The first two Hellboy Library Editions can be read standalone, so you can at least dip your toes in without feeling like you must read the whole thing in one go and get that transcendental experience.
So yeah, do that.

The entirety of Hellboy can be read by itself. I haven't touched any of the BPRD stuff, and I have a perfectly fine understanding of what's going on.

I think. I'll be honest, the dialogue can get super cryptic at some points. Super annoying.

The entirety of Hellboy can be read by itself. I haven't touched any of the BPRD stuff, and I have a perfectly fine understanding of what's going on.

I think. I'll be honest, the dialogue can get super cryptic at some points. Super annoying.

You haven't just Immersion Learned all the Sadu Hem language???

;D

You haven't just Immersion Learned all the Sadu Hem language???

;D

No

Or have I?

It's been awhile since I read the fifth Library Edition, and I have the sixth waiting for me and I'm debating starting it today. Last I recall, Hellboy was
fighting Baba Yaga in a snowy forest alongside some fucking wolves.

No

Or have I?

It's been awhile since I read the fifth Library Edition, and I have the sixth waiting for me and I'm debating starting it today. Last I recall, Hellboy was
fighting Baba Yaga in a snowy forest alongside some fucking wolves.

aaaaa

Mignola is of course amazing but COT DAMN FEGREDO DON'T HURT EM

man, i don't get Hearthstone

played for a while but after years of MTG it just isn't diverse or flexible enough for me

Problem with getting into Magic is I'd have to travel to Dublin to get a game of any reasonable standard. I bought DOTP every year, but I don't really like Duels Origins, it messes with the paper rules too much (the new rarity system for deck building, is frankly baffling), and it should really have all the cards from the current block instead of just 80% of Origins.

I still buy cards, though if we ever bust it out for game night it ends up being EDH.

Top Bottom