• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Welp, completly forgot that tomorrow like 500 books drop (Wonder Woman Omnibus <3 FINALLY <3), so one week to wait until I can afford Hellboy and Turtles :/

Problem with getting into Magic is I'd have to travel to Dublin to get a game of any reasonable standard. I bought DOTP every year, but I don't really like Duels Origins, it messes with the paper rules too much (the new rarity system for deck building, is frankly baffling), and it should really have all the cards from the current block instead of just 80% of Origins.

I still buy cards, though if we ever bust it out for game night it ends up being EDH.

Rarity system for deck building? As far as I recall, you're allowed 4 of any card (save for basic land, which you can have as many as you like), no matter the rarity EXCEPT for mythic rares. You're only allowed one of those, I believe. Unless they changed it recently, because I haven't kept up with MTG in years. My roomie is getting back into it, though.

Rarity system for deck building? As far as I recall, you're allowed 4 of any card (save for basic land, which you can have as many as you like), no matter the rarity EXCEPT for mythic rares. You're only allowed one of those, I believe. Unless they changed it recently, because I haven't kept up with MTG in years. My roomie is getting back into it, though.

That's how it is in the physical game, in Duels Origins it's:

4 copies of commons
3 copies of uncommons
2 copies of rares
1 copy of mythic rares

It's so dumb. WOTC really are the McMahons of gaming. They could make billions if they would just get out of their own way.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Going through The Invisibles slowly but surely and I'm still really digging it.
It's probably the most complex and dense comic I've ever read, but it's got that brilliant dialogue typical of most of Morrison's stuff to lighten it up and keep it from being a chore to read. It also switches between more highbrow storylines and action-packed/gripping storylines to keep you flipping the pages while still making it a really smart, complex comic.
It's utterly bizarre, but it's not gibberish. It's obvious that even when you don't have a clue what's happening, it's all intentional and not just weird for the sake of weird.

It's going to take me a while to finish since it's definitely not the type of book you can binge read (I can usually only do one issue of it a day), but I'm really glad I'm reading it.

>_<

Add me if you're US Battle.net! I posted my ID upthread

Ah, I really haven't played in ages (pre-GvG). I mostly just still follow the game due to watching people stream it, in part due to the fact that I find it tends to make a great background stream while reading since you can often follow most of what's happening through audio. Better than most speedruns, at least.

70% through Plague of Frogs 2

... i don't even know why they keep Liz around. Her main role is being knocked out.

Pls stop invading my personal space and respect my heritage

Plz stop besmirching the good name of the irish folk
(hah!)
with your lies and deceit.

That's how it is in the physical game, in Duels Origins it's:

4 copies of commons
3 copies of uncommons
2 copies of rares
1 copy of mythic rares

It's so dumb. WOTC really are the McMahons of gaming. They could make billions if they would just get out of their own way.

Yeah except they're not as fun to watch. There's a reason why Nintendo doesn't go through them anymore. Because WotC can go fuck themselves. I remember when I was a wee baby, and Pokeymanz cards were first becoming big, my mom and I went to the mall and they were opening up a new store there. Strictly a WotC store, which I thought was cool. Well, we went over there, walked up to the store, and were told by the bouncer (no shit, there were at least two of them) that we had to wait in line, and that it'd be about 15 minutes before the place opened. The line was fucking huge, and on top of that they wanted a fucking COVER CHARGE. I shit you not. It was $10, I think. We bailed the fuck out of there.

So yeah, fuck that company.

Okay, it's new MU day. Maybe y'all came to this conclusion six months ago, but after reading Silk #1 and Spider Gwen #1... Silk is better, huh. I mean, the art in SG is unbelievable, but Silk seems to be better written, and the art there is also good.

Nothing else too important in my time displaced world this week. Black Vortex is now underway, and it seems okay.

Okay, it's new MU day. Maybe y'all came to this conclusion six months ago, but after reading Silk #1 and Spider Gwen #1... Silk is better, huh. I mean, the art in SG is unbelievable, but Silk seems to be better written, and the art there is also good.

Spider-Gwen starts off kind meh, but great art and the fact that #5 was a big tonal shift gives me high hopes for it going forward

Messi

Welcome to the silk team. It is a wonderful book that is about to be destroyed by a wreckless creative team. Who are being mean

Spider-Gwen starts off kind meh, but great art and the fact that #5 was a big tonal shift gives me high hopes for it going forward

Awesome, I like the sound of that!

Welcome to the silk team. It is a wonderful book that is about to be destroyed by a wreckless creative team. Who are being mean

Uh oh... I don't like the sound of that.

Nonsense, the art and the writing in Squirrel-Girl tower above anything Silk's ever been a part of.

Oh god, now that I think about it, SG has even more joke options than SW

Messi still thinking that Sinister Silk thing is legit. If I truly believed she was going to be a supervillain, I would be way more excited for ANAD than I am.

Christian

I am glad you are enjoying Valiant. It's nice knowing someone does.

:)

Wow, people talking about Valiant. That brings back memories. I have every issue of pre-Unity Valiant from back in the 90s, plus a lot of the stuff post-Unity. I haven't looked at any of the newer stuff. Is it actually decent?

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
You need to correct that asap kipp. I think they're all on youtube. Animal Man and SBFF were just the best

Cool! I'll watch them tomorrow! Heading off to work right now and then by the time I get home I gotta get to sleep, but tomorrow I have plenty of time to watch these. Thanks for the links!

Messi

When I first arrived I was a positive force. I just wanted to read fun books about heroes. But I feel myself turning dark and cold. This place has changed me.

One day you'll see the light Freeza. One day.

Wow, people talking about Valiant. That brings back memories. I have every issue of pre-Unity Valiant from back in the 90s, plus a lot of the stuff post-Unity. I haven't looked at any of the newer stuff. Is it actually decent?

The new stuff is amazing man, like seriously. They've revamped everything with some underrated talent and they've been putting out nothing but money for 3 years now.

When I first arrived I was a positive force. I just wanted to read fun books about heroes. But I feel myself turning dark and cold. This place has changed me.

Messi right now:
south-park-youre-getting-old.png

We had our chance and we missed it. We could have stopped them. We missed our opportunity to stomp it out like we missed it for Anime and Olivia Wilde. We are doomed.

The seed has already been planted inside all of you. It's only a matter of activating it.

Curiously similar to the Vine from X-O Manowar

Top Bottom