• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Chew #30

c4b8834dc60dd504f287b7a1232bc34e.jpg

Edit: I type this up, and then I immediately hit the first story in here with this guy named Jei who rectifies that lack of oomph. Welp, timing on these things can be interesting sometimes, I guess.

Yeah, Jei is really creepy. And I love how his stories continue in the background, building up to the confrontation with Usagi.

BearChair

Am I the only one reading Island Magazine from Brandon Graham and Emma Rios.

The second issue just came out last week, and it's fantastic, especially Simon Roy's sci-fi/vaguely-Aztek story Habitat. If you like his work on Prophet, this is a natural extension.

If you've missed it, the magazine collects work from multiple creators to do short pieces (usually 3 to 10 pages). The first issue was pretty good, but it's really finding footing with the second.

At $7.99, the cover price seems steep, but you're getting probably over 80 pages with no ads on high-quality paper from image. It's just a great book to check out for creators getting to be experimental on short subjects.

Hagi

Hmmm tempted by that Shadow sale, I really like the film and well Ennis is the writer for a run. The DC sale is bonkers might get the classic Young Justice stuff and maybe Impulse. Fuck sake I only got paid today. :p

GAMEPROFF

Banned
How can Dan Slott write shit-tier Spider-Man but write a that amazing Tie-In.

Secret Wars is really Marvels best Event since Civil War.

See Zombine, 10.1 million viewers for Fear TWD. It's gonna be around awhile

Hmmm tempted by that Shadow sale, I really like the film and well Ennis is the writer for a run. The DC sale is bonkers might get the classic Young Justice stuff and maybe Impulse. Fuck sake I only got paid today. :p

Like I said before, I think only half the YJ stuff is actually on sale. Also tempted by Ennis' The Shadow, but as I recall, that's on Scribd. Might be worth it to just sub to that and get some other stuff as well.

Hagi

Like I said before, I think only half the YJ stuff is actually on sale. Also tempted by Ennis' The Shadow, but as I recall, that's on Scribd. Might be worth it to just sub to that and get some other stuff as well.

I don't know about dat dere American Comixology website but here in the U of K the whole run is on sale.

Secret Wars is the best event since House of M and I won't here anything different. Civil War is terrible.

Tizoc

Yoooooooooooooooooooo
LaunchpadMcQ
D E S P A I R G I R L Z
AMIRITE!

My body is ready for the most despair inducing despair
YR1euLX.png

Cheska

How can Dan Slott write shit-tier Spider-Man but write a that amazing Tie-In.

Secret Wars is really Marvels best Event since Civil War.

Same can be said about other stuff he writes as well. Silver Surfer is fantastic and I'm making my way through She-Hulk which is proving to be a delightful read.

Ok fine I'll stay.

I don't know about dat dere American Comixology website but here in the U of K the whole run is on sale.

Secret Wars is the best event since House of M and I won't here anything different. Civil War is terrible.

At least here, the first 21 issues seem to be regularly priced at $.99

Also, yeah, House of M is what I was thinking of.

:( Launchpad, dont do this. We wont talk bad about Valiant anymore.

Deal.

Oh wow. That's nuts. Please give me more knowledge.

Most of the time, the artist that draw the covers are different than the ones that draw the inside of the comic. Shocking, I know.

Yoooooooooooooooooooo
LaunchpadMcQ
D E S P A I R G I R L Z
AMIRITE!

My body is ready for the most despair inducing despair
YR1euLX.png

You may be surprised to learn I have no interest in it lol I'll probably just read a synopsis.

Holding tight for the next main title.

Tizoc

Ok fine I'll stay.

Deal.

Most of the time, the artist that draw the covers are different than the ones that draw the inside of the comic. Shocking, I know.

You may be surprised to learn I have no interest in it lol I'll probably just read a synopsis.

Holding tight for the next main title.

The story's darker than the fist 2 games though, you don't want Monokuma to knock your door down and go all 'IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME' on you do you?
You go in for a penny, you go in for the 50 POUND NOTE!

The story's darker than the fist 2 games though, you don't want Monokuma to knock your door down and go all 'IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME' on you do you?
You go in for a penny, you go in for the 50 POUND NOTE!

Hmm maybe when it's on sale. I have a hard time overlooking that it's a shooter

Hagi

Oh right I see what you mean I seriously doubt they would go under that price and give you half the run for .49 The whole run is on sale in the UK for 69p which is close to your American tender of .99

I love House of M, alternate realities are where it's at.

Shit Quiet Theme from MGS5 is amazing.

Will hopefully have the game on Saturday! going with DD for my first run though.

Oh right I see what you mean I seriously doubt they would go under that price and give you half the run for .49 The whole run is on sale in the UK for 69p which is close to your American tender of .99

I love House of M, alternate realities are where it's at.

Will hopefully have the game on Saturday! going with DD for my first run though.

Not saying they would, but just that I have no immediacy to purchase it right now when I can grab a good chunk whenever I want for that price. Just my opinion.

Also, I am completely blind on MGS5. I've played Ground Zeroes, but I'm mostly unaware of all the crazy mechanics they added in. I'm likely getting it on Steam though, so I'll have to wait until Tuesday at the earliest.

How much is the theme

It's from the soundtrack

Same can be said about other stuff he writes as well. Silver Surfer is fantastic and I'm making my way through She-Hulk which is proving to be a delightful read.
True. Dan Slot has written some really great work. I'm with Stupid was awesome. His She Hulk and Silver Surfer are great. He's written some really awesome Spider-Man stories like Spider Island but just seems out of gas sometimes. It would be better if it weren't the only Peter Parker book we were getttibg. Slott loves Spider-Man too much to give it up any time soon I think

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I nearly watched it. Thanks for the heads up.

I really cant understand how Kojima could gave away such a large scale spoiler. Its definitly the big twist in the story.
Sorry, this is just stupid. Unless there is another twist, but I really dont think so.

Hagi

Not saying they would, but just that I have no immediacy to purchase it right now when I can grab a good chunk whenever I want for that price. Just my opinion.

Also, I am completely blind on MGS5. I've played Ground Zeroes, but I'm mostly unaware of all the crazy mechanics they added in. I'm likely getting it on Steam though, so I'll have to wait until Tuesday at the earliest.

I know what you mean I'm not too fussed about getting it for that fact either. I'm sure it'll go on sale again at some point.

I think I've only watched the original reveal trailer and the trailer that showed DD so yeah I'm fairly out of the loop as well to what to expect from the game which is great. Not going in a single MGS thread or watching a thing on youtube no matter how far removed it is from the game until I've finished it.

Haven't been this hyped for a game in ages.

Top Bottom