• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

ReAxion

Oh, hello.

The i Word: Joshua Williamson: Nailbiter & Basketball

Today, I'd like to introduce to you The i Word, the official podcast of Image Comics. With creator-owned comics, the creator is the real star, and my goal with the podcast is to not just talk comics with one creator at a time, but to show you a peek inside what influences them, too. Here are the rules: for the first half of the show, we'll talk about their comics work. We'll discuss their process, collaborators, upcoming work, and other things related to their books. After that's done, we'll switch gears and talk about something they're passionate about, be it sports, video games, movies, or obscure b-sides from an ultra-specific microgenre of music. My guest this week is Joshua Williamson, writer of NAILBITER, GHOSTED, BIRTHRIGHT, MASKS & MOBSTERS, and more.

https://imagecomics.com/features/the-i-word-joshua-williamson-on-nailbiter-basketball

New podcast from Image, hosted by David Brothers.

?

I've lived here for 2 years and haven't seen one, though I shouldn't jinx it...
I've known a few people who have lived in/been to Utah and they've all spoken about the frequency of black widows.
I like the art a lot. Unique look to it.

metal-gear-solid-comic-omnibus-1.jpg

metal-gear-solid-comic-omnibus-2.jpg
Looks dope as fuck

Tizoc

I've known a few people who have lived in/been to Utah and they've all spoken about the frequency of black widows.

Looks dope as fuck

The comics incidentally featured 2 members of Dead Cell that didn't make it to MGS2: Chinaman and Old Boy.

Both characters' concept would be utilized in MGS3 though.

Holy shit lol

http://all-comic.com/2015/dead-drop-4/

Dear Valiant Entertainment creative team; please do not allow writer Ales Kot to work on anything under the Valiant banner again — EVER! Kot might very-well be a polarizing figure in comics, but he is not needed by Valiant, and possibly has created some of the most frustrating to read and/or enjoy Valiant books released since the 2012 re-launch.

Looks dope as fuck

I had heard they were common out west, but like I said, I haven't run into any.

Boogiepop

So guys, is there any particular need to pay for the higher tiers on that Dungeons and Dragons Humble Bundle? Or is just the base cheap level fine?

E the Shaggy

You know, after finally finishing Morrison's Action Comics run, I'll just go ahead and attribute the creation of the New 52 to evil Mr. Myxyzptlk rather than Barry Allen.

I know it's outhousers and all but I bumped into this earlier

http://www.theouthousers.com/index....al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

It has to do with the hip hop covers, sales and what retailers might have to do to get them

On mobile so sorry for the overly long link

Almost everything in this article is more or less a known quantity about Marvel at this point. Buy and throw away a bunch of non-selling titles to fluff the Diamond numbers if you want variant covers. If you listen to the Comic Conspiracy podcast, for example, the shop owner who runs it regularly rakes Marvel over the coals for these insane requirements, added to the fact that Marvel doesn't do returnability on its books.

Messi

Almost everything in this article is more or less a known quantity about Marvel at this point. Buy and throw away a bunch of non-selling titles to fluff the Diamond numbers if you want variant covers. If you listen to the Comic Conspiracy podcast, for example, the shop owner who runs it regularly rakes Marvel over the coals for these insane requirements, added to the fact that Marvel doesn't do returnability on its books.

Stores on Ireland are gonna sell these for insane prices. They already charge €30 per variant regardless of what it is in big bang.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Wooooo
Got my IST order and my Lil Gotham Harley action figure in the mail yesterday! So excited.
I thought I had today mostly off to enjoy that stuff, but as it turns out I'm covering someone's shift because they're sick. But they're going to take my shift tomorrow in return, so I'll still have a free day (well, relatively; I worked at Banana Republic today and work again there tomorrow).

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Until Episode 5 comes out, life has no meaning.

That ending to Episode 4. Playing 1-4 over about three days was a mistake. I should have spaced them out more.

It's probably the first episodic game I played that really benefits from the structure. Each episode feels self contained and wallops you with emotional hooks that you really need to put the controller down and think on it for a while.

Spoiler out your current game:

-saved Kate
-helped alt-Chloe kill herself
-didn't shoot Frank
-warned Victoria, who believed me

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Hmmph. My Harley figure which I got through Amazon Warehouse with the description of a damaged box was actually fully opened up and used. It has a couple small scuff marks and one spot that looks slightly gummed up (don't get lewd on me).
Talked to Amazon and got a $5 credit, so it only cost me $4 in the end. Not too shabby. I'm pleased for $4. I would've been pretty upset without the refund though since I paid $9 and could've gotten it totally new for $12ish.

Also, I've got enough in rewards from my credit card to get Hellblazer volume 4 for free from Amazon, so I'm gonna get that when the rewards are credited to my account. Wooo

Gain of salt and all because it's Bleeding Cool, but Bleeding Cool has a gossip article up saying that on the back of revenues being down for 2015 DC editors are being told to "stop Batgirling" and get back to basics.

Top Bottom