• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
MARVEL KNIGHTS PUNISHER ON MU MOTHERFUCKERS FINALLY

teamup.jpg

not MAX Punisher of course

MARVEL KNIGHTS PUNISHER ON MU MOTHERFUCKERS FINALLY

not MAX Punisher of course

Is that Ennis'? With Ma Gnucci?

Do yourself a favor and read the last three pages of the series about 70 times.

Literally comics have never goten better than the payoff to that last page.

Gets me choked up thinking about our achievements as a species to create something so perfect.

(This one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785138226/?tag=neogaf0e-20)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is that Ennis'? With Ma Gnucci?

Do yourself a favor and read the last three pages of the series about 70 times.

Literally comics have never goten better than the payoff to that last page.

Gets me choked up thinking about our achievements as a species to create something so perfect.

(This one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0785138226/?tag=neogaf0e-20)

actually technically that was already up on MU, it had issues 1-12 and then a few random later issues. they uploaded the rest of the run it seems

Messi

Babs Tarrs art in Batgirl is making it very hard to drop. I think I will keep buying for the moment, I just love her art. Her Babs in particular is really nice. Loved the design they chose for livewire too.

I mean, it's not unreasonable, but unless I blurred some stuff out in reading this while sleepy, the conversation literally went that he totally wanted to be with her, and then she told him about the baby and that it wasn't his, and he literally just walked away then with like a single line. Which worked enough I guess, but it just felt abrupt and awkward. I don't know, felt like something that warranted a little more dialogue, especially in a book that loves to spam dialogue like crazy.

Well, yeah. She essentially said "so, i've been fucking other people while sorta-seeing you and now i'm preggers from some other dude." What else should Scott do? Shout at her? Ask her to explain? Go all cuckold? Nah, man, fuck that. Just get up and leave.

I don't really care for Superman much, but I enjoyed Unchained. I bought the book purely for the creative team behind it, so it had to be good to win me over. I don't remember Supes doing anything overly heroic in the book, though. It was an entertaining read and I certainly don't regret picking it up.

Get the Superman and the Legion of Superheroes trade by Geoff Johns (Action Comics #858-863). It's an excellent showpiece of why Superman is awesome and why his legacy will last for a thousand plus years.

61DJpTYXltL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Gonna look into these then. Should be a delight.
He he god like. Puns ahoy

I know Messi likes it. I've really enjoyed the new Thor. Dautermans artwork certainly doesn't hurt. Aarons entire Thor run has been amazing except for that Malekith arc
I just really liked the book. It had mad hype.

Got a friend into Bloodshot o/

He's gonna try Harbinger next

Her art is worth a trade. It's become closer to her artstyle since she started doing all of the layouts in Vol 2. The story is meh though.

I will say Vol 2 has been better storywise imo

Just to make sure, I was suggesting for you.

I'll get on Batgirl when I'm in the mood for something lighter. I've been chewing on it for a bit now already.

I love Fables so much. Like, if someone had told me that a detective book with fairy tale characters eventually becomes a war/espionage book, I...I'll be honest, I still would have read it. But the level of disbelief with which I was reading it would have been significantly higher.

Boogiepop

Well, yeah. She essentially said "so, i've been fucking other people while sorta-seeing you and now i'm preggers from some other dude." What else should Scott do? Shout at her? Ask her to explain? Go all cuckold? Nah, man, fuck that. Just get up and leave.
I mean, the thing with Luke that led to the pregnancy happened before they met (I beleive the conversation went "I'm like three months pregnant" and he was like "so it's not mine"). And actually I'm pretty sure the only sleeping around is that one thing with Matt that happened in Daredevil? Which isn't really properly covered in the book, now that I think of it. So I guess ultimately my problem is that he was all "I know about your flaws and insecurities and I want to be there for you" and all that, and then upon hearing that, which honestly isn't something she really did "wrong", for him to immediately go @$&! it feels a little out of character and kind of cold, even if it is understandable. Though maybe I'm forgetting something, I don't know.

besada

Banned
Viewtiful suggested Alec too. Two recommendations, so I picked up the omnibus on today's Library trip.

Yes! My secret plan to keep Eddie Campbell afloat through random internet recommendations has worked!

I think you'll like Alec. The first time I read any Alec, I was 22 years old, and had just come back to a buddy's house after a night of much drinking. He crashed, and I stayed up to read his comics. He had a collection of the Alec volumes, and I stayed up all night reading them. There's a lot of real thought put into what it's like to be a young man in those books. And, like life, shits from humor to drama in a heartbeat.

It's really good stuff.

OMGOMGOMG

7PM EST. REPUBLICAN DEBATE. C-SPAN.

I am so watching this.

Today is going to be an amazing day. Going into work to get some stuff done, getting home at 11am, reading a ton of comics, watching a Republican debate, then going bouldering. Pure bliss.

Man... the shit that gets Kipp excited.

Arkham Knight challenge map pack #1 coming in September. Yusssssss

I can't believe there aren't actually any in the game. There's those AR challenges but I was really surprised when I saw there weren't any challenges in the base game.

The Batmobile's growing on me now but they definitely focused too much of the game around it. I'm not far in the story but the Riddler stuff's been pretty fun. The re-appearance of
Evil Mark Hamill
was surprising as well.

I can't believe there aren't actually any in the game. There's those AR challenges but I was really surprised when I saw there weren't any challenges in the base game.

The Batmobile's growing on me now but they definitely focused too much of the game around it. I'm not far in the story but the Riddler stuff's been pretty fun. The re-appearance of
Evil Mark Hamill
was surprising as well.

I bought the game thinking they were in and was surprised that they weren't. I had also bought the season pass to get that extra 10% off, so I was mostly disappointed we had to wait so damn long.

Thankfully, it looks like they'll actually give us what we want, as late as it is.

Also, yeah, the game is too focused on the Batmobile. I didn't mind it until one of the last missions, but I could definitely see they wanted the focus to be on this shiny new mechanic and it drew away from the other great features.

fauxtrot

Banned
Did you catch the "Herc is straight" and "Black History Month is a marvel event now" fiascos?

Then I guess there's just the "Waid on Black Widow" rumor.

Did those first two go anywhere farther than just that Axel interview w/ CBR? I cut out for the weekend right after that interview came out...

Top Bottom