• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I've pretty much always gotten peanuts. In my experience, if you buy any oversized hardcovers (or maybe it's if you buy any Library Edition/Absolute-sized hardcovers), that automatically puts you into packing peanuts territory. I think they only do the fancy foam for all TPB orders.
I know I've never gotten foam when I've gotten a Library Edition/Absolute-sized hardcover in my order.

Messi

Yay

quite a few comics to get tomorrow
AU7Amsc.gif

Can't wait to see this page with his new art. Might be my favorite Sunstone page

Bedhogger

It is so perfect

Messi

I've never bragged about mine. I did buy them in an order that contained:

Hellboy Library Edition vol 1-6
Fear Agent Library Edition vol 1-2
And the two Blacksad books that were available at the time.

tho.

That was less than two days for you to revert back to normal BTW

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
We're back to BallerGAF?

I made $7.50 in tips today ON TOP OF MY HOURLY RATE.
What now bitchesssssssssss
But my investments in index funds dropped like $2-3k today because of stupid China... So I guess it kinda evens out.

Maybe that was it. I thought I'd ordered some large books from them before. omnis always came in the foam packs. This order had Y absolute vol 1 though so maybe that was why,

keiichi

LaunchpadMcQ said:
Originally Posted by keiichi
Sitting on my pile of books this week ... Will move it closer to the top

Ah yes, I remember you're the dude that had picked up some Black Mask comicsbooksund out they sell pdfs/cbrs on their site, so I'm getting into them more. I think you'll enjoy this one a lot.

Originally Posted by Freezasaurus
Didn't read it, but I did catch a preview of it. Seemed like an interesting book, but I'm not sure it's HijinksGAF-approved.

Definitely not. It's for the Ennis Boys lot.

Finally got around to reading Young Terrorists; Damn, That was pretty action packed and setup a lot of things for a first issue, although, I guess that's a given since it was 80 pages. Really enjoyed the art, I can't wait to see where this goes either.

I'm digging the characters they've introduced so far and hopefully any new ones will be just as good.

I need to read it again.

Finally got around to reading Young Terrorists; Damn, That was pretty action packed and setup a lot of things for a first issue, although, I guess that's a given since it was 80 pages. Really enjoyed the art, I can't wait to see where this goes either.

I'm digging the characters they've introduced so far and hopefully any new ones will be just as good.

I need to read it again.

Yeah, it got a hell of a lot done and it got it done well. That cold open was so damn good.

Maybe that was it. I thought I'd ordered some large books from them before. omnis always came in the foam packs. This order had Y absolute vol 1 though so maybe that was why,

Peanuts seem to be for any absolute/library editions or any orders over a certain size in my experience. Wish they didn't use them at all since they're a pain to get rid of, but it's what they use so *shrug*

Um holy shit. I'm reading Hickman's FF run and are
future Franklin and Val
really
describing the events of Secret Wars
in Fantastic Four #582, a comic that was published literally five years ago today?? I realize Hickman is famous for playing the long game, but that's insane. I mean half the editors weren't even the same then. Did he just stick to his vision and hope for the best?

Well, to be fair, I've read zero Secret Wars yet because thanks to MU I live six months in the past, in the days of yore when Spider Verse was just coming to an end and IN TWO MONTHS TIME RUNS OUT. I just found out who the Ebony Kings are.

But I know the basic premise, and maybe the specifics wound up different but it sure feels like Hickman is calling his shot here half a decade out.

Spoilers for a 5 year old comic?

Fuuuuuuuck that.

Oh, come on, it's a spoiler. If I weren't halfway through it, I'd be pretty pissed right now.

Like, "good" one of those books? Issue 4 comes out tomorrow, so stoked.

Fuck, just downed the 3 issues. This shit is incredible!!!

I love how all these Black Mask titles try to do some weird stuff with the colors, though this one definitely has that 80s feel.

Also, just, wow. The story, characters, and dialogue are just perfect. I wouldn't change a single thing about this comic.

Specifically, the thing I was talking about was
how Duncan says he can kill people with his mind. I think the story behind that is that he wished his mom dead and she happened to die; in any case, it's going to be tragic as fuck. Or shit, who knows, he may be telling the truth

Forgot Lieber and Spencer were doing an Image comic. I'm really excited for that whenever it does come out.

edit: Just asked him when it drops and he said Image doesn't have a date yet :(

Well, to be fair, I've read zero Secret Wars yet because thanks to MU I live six months in the past, in the days of yore when Spider Verse was just coming to an end and IN TWO MONTHS TIME RUNS OUT. I just found out who the Ebony Kings are.

But I know the basic premise, and maybe the specifics wound up different but it sure feels like Hickman is calling his shot here half a decade out.

I was talking about the F4/FF stuff. Some people here (myself) were still working on that series or haven't read it yet.

Neoxon

Rumor has it that Extraordinary X-Men had a different premise in its early planning phase. Keep in mind, this is Bleeding Cool we're talking about, so take it with a grain of salt.
Rich Johnston said:
This is based on old information. From when Mike Marts was to be editor and Rick Remender was to have written it.

Extraordinary X-Men is one of the All-New All-Different X-Men relaunches, by Jeff Lemire and Humberto Ramos.

Originally it was intended to be the X-Men book still set on Earth. After the mutants had left Earth for Europa, as a result of the newly released Terrigen Mists forming new Inhumans and killing mutants, these would have been the ones who could, for whatever reason, survive the mist.

Whether the team would be the same whether the justification is the same, whether the plot is the same I do not know. But the cover does show a bunch of folk who could, potentially, protect themselves from such mists in one way or another…

I was talking about the F4/FF stuff. Some people here (myself) were still working on that series or haven't read it yet.

Well, since I'm one of them, I guess that's a fair point. How are those spoiler tags I just added then, does that properly convey there's some foreshadowing without ruining the specific surprise?

Squire

Banned
I'm going to work on FF soon, dun curr about spoileys tbh. It's about the journey brehs. But if you spoil MGS for me I will murder you. Also that spoiler made me want to read FF sooner.

Owzers

Forget about Hickman's run and go watch the Fantastic Four movie instead. My approach to Jem works for everything. All those pesky Daredevil runs to read? Nah, rent that movie. Elektra Assassin omniwhatever? Jennifer Garner has you covered.

Bii

We're back to BallerGAF?

I made $7.50 in tips today ON TOP OF MY HOURLY RATE.
What now bitchesssssssssss
But my investments in index funds dropped like $2-3k today because of stupid China... So I guess it kinda evens out.

I just opted into my company's optional deferred comp plan and I didn't bother reading the funds I invested in. Guess I should really read into it.

Finished Wytches vol. 1. The first three issues was a bore fest. It wasn't a total loss since the last three picked up the pace and was entertaining.

Yousefb

Man I just got an email saying comixology has charged me for new subscriptions so I got excited cause that means comics are here! But when I checked the site none of them are available yet -_-

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Man I just got an email saying comixology has charged me for new subscriptions so I got excited cause that means comics are here! But when I checked the site none of them are available yet -_-

Yeah they did that with Harley and Power Girl last week. Charged me at like midnight and then it wasn't available until like 9 in the morning.

And the worst part is they don't even tell you what book they've charged you for.

Yousefb

Yeah they did that with Harley and Power Girl last week. Charged me at like midnight and then it wasn't available until like 9 in the morning.

And the worst part is they don't even tell you what book they've charged you for.
Exactly! I have no idea what these books even are lol

Edit: Well shit, the comic gods were listening. Just got another notification saying the books are ready for download!

Grayson(!!)
E is for Extinction
Old Man Logan
Marvel Zombies

Feels good man

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Btw, I have a free digital copy of Avengers Time Runs Out volume 3 (collecting Avengers 40-42 and New Avengers 29-30) to give away.

First person to correctly answer the following question gets the code;

Q: Star-Lord really liked something about Doctor Strange in Secret Wars. What exactly?
Was it already answered?
Its his Cape

Squire

Banned
Remender's Uncanny X-Force is one of my favorite comic stories. Ever.

Absolutely agreed.

In the first part of his CBR interview for Tokyo Ghost today he mentioned his wife had "gone back to England."

I'm assuming she's actually British? That would explain him writing the best Psylocke.

Yousefb

Old Man Logan #4

Overall I enjoyed this. Yeah on one hand it's kind of a letdown that the book became just a Wolverine in an another realm of the month sort of thing; but with that said it's still a ton fun. The art is awesome as always.

Loved
She-Hulk throwing him over the wall. Which was followed by her being taken (eaten?) by that demon pterodactyl thing. Really cool sequence.

Top Bottom