• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| August 2015. Overwhelming.

Absolutely agreed.

In the first part of his CBR interview for Tokyo Ghost today he mentioned his wife had "gone back to England."

I'm assuming she's actually British? That would explain him writing the best Psylocke.
I've never been a fan of Psylocke, but I did enjoy her character arc. In fact, all the characters were good.

Now if only someone could do something for Gambit... (he says as he waits for his Bendis/Maleev Gambit solo series)

Messi

Who is stronger Jean or Emma. Taking out the Phoenix.

It seems like they are positioning young Jean to be more powerful than Emma

Squire

Banned

Jean is a prodigy, but minus the Pheinix, Emma would probably wipe the floor with her. The cuckoos can already put her in her place.

Mindwipe

This is a pretty barren week for me, so I started reading Knightfall. Holy shit, these are bigger than I thought - in the CMX sale I got like 1900 pages of comics for £9.

First volume has aged pretty well so far. It's a bit melodramatic obviously, but mostly in the exposition captions. Also the first trade is a bit odd in that it really feels like there's a few tie in issues that should have been included - multiple references are made to
Killer Croc getting his ass kicked by Bane
, but that issue isn't included.

Messi

But wasnt this Young Jean? Older Jean would likely far more powerful.

Young Jean is nowhere near full power yet. Emma is teaching her. Near the end of all new Emma shuts down jeans mind abilities for training and then tells her she will teach her how to block it.

Hagi

Looking forward to seeing how Lemire handles her, she's by far the most annoying of the O5 when Bendis writes her.

Messi

Looking forward to seeing how Lemire handles her, she's by far the most annoying of the O5 when Bendis writes her.

I love how totally inconsiderate she is.

Why does everyone find Bobby annoying. Bobby is really funny to me. I love that page with Eva giving him his room at the base.

tumblr_mwgsaq9qhi1sioerco4_540.jpg

Hagi

Why does everyone find Bobby annoying. Bobby is really funny to me. I love that page with Eva giving him his room at the base.

She's exactly what I'd expect a teen telepath to be like, absolutely zero boundaries. Bobby is awesome, he's my favourite of the 5. So much fun when he's around especially when they join up with Scott.

Squire

Banned

Lemire said he loves her, if you can believe that. I thought she was sympathetic, but almost equally detestable. Still not caught up on ANX though.

tumblr_mwgsaq9qhi1sioerco4_540.jpg

Bob's always great. Dunno how you could like him. Better jokester than Parker, too.

Messi

Lemire said he loves her, if you can believe that. I thought she was sympathetic, but almost equally detestable. Still not caught up on ANX though.

Bob's always great. Dunno how you could like him. Better jokester than Parker, too.

I love Jean also. But recognize she is very bad and immature in some ways.

Bobby is hated by both sides when they go to the ultimate universe and it bummed me out :(

Squire

Banned
I love Jean also. But recognize she is very bad and immature in some ways.

Bobby is hated by both sides when they go to the ultimate universe and it bummed me out :(

He's honestly the best of the Marvel jokers, I think. Human Torch is a jockstrap, period. Peter quips as a coping mechanism; Bobby has personal turmoil, but he jokes to joke, not to survive and ordeal.

Messi

I'd read a Bobby and Deadpool team up book. Hawkeye vs Deadpool was good so something like that.

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Someone at the bus stop is reading Civil War

z80EKHl.jpeg

Imma pull out Sunstone and get this party going.

Squire

Banned
Actually, top jokester is Madrox. Don't know how I forgot him. Incredibly well-realized character on the whole. Just stunning work by PAD.

Messi

It's hentai right? not got round to reading it yet

When you read it you will see the focus is not on the nudity but the relationships. Most people buy it for the nudity and stay for the characters. He writes such wonderful characters and then he breaks their hearts.

Hagi

When you read it you will see the focus is not on the nudity but the relationships

Most people buy it for the nudity and stay for the characters. He writes such wonderful characters and then he breaks their hearts.

I'm joshing I've read a little the titillation seemed secondary to the characters which is cool.

Hagi

Rumor has it that Extraordinary X-Men had a different premise in its early planning phase. Keep in mind, this is Bleeding Cool we're talking about, so take it with a grain of salt.

It bothers me that Ramos is the artist for this. Do all the X books have to look like shit? Can a brother not get a Noto, Coipel, Bachalo or Opeña? Gotta get stuck with Land and Ramos. Say what you want about All New X-men and Uncanny but the art was on point.

Very much so. You should give it a read. It's hard to put down when you start.

It's on my wishlist now so I'll buy when I have less of a backlog, so sometime around November.

Messi

It bothers me that Ramos is the artist for this. Do all the X books have to look like shit? Can a brother not get a Noto, Coipel, Bachalo or Opeña? Gotta get stuck with Land and Ramos. Say what you want about All New X-men and Uncanny but the art was on point.

It's on my wishlist now so I'll buy when I have less of a backlog, so sometime around November.

The art was stellar for all of Uncanny and All New X-men.

Sadist

A new Bachalo X-Men would defintely make me hype.

Him and Aaron were a good team during their Wolverine & the X-Men run.

And GAMEPROFF, sent you a pm with the code :)

Hagi

The art was stellar for all of Uncanny and All New X-men.

Uncanny even had Frazier Irving doing art for the book. I'll be surprised if the two new books are as good as All New and Uncanny have been. #600 is out the week of my birthday so hyped for that.

A new Bachalo X-Men would defintely make me hype.

Him and Aaron were a good team during their Wolverine & the X-Men run.

And GAMEPROFF, sent you a pm with the code :)

Dr Strange will be awesome can't for that.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Is there any way to gift anything less than a year of Marvel Unlimited? That's the only option I can find. Ideally I'd like to gift three months or so.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
I was supposed to get a lot of comics reading done yesterday... but then I got called into work and that got screwed up. Maybe I'll read comics today.

I just opted into my company's optional deferred comp plan and I didn't bother reading the funds I invested in. Guess I should really read into it.

Well regardless of what the investments were, just know they dropped in value significantly on Monday. :D
Investments are all about the long game though, so they'll be back to where they were soon enough and you'll be just fine.

And it's very likely that the deferred comp plan puts your money in pretty safe index funds, so it shouldn't be anything you need to worry about at all.

Well regardless of what the investments were, just know they dropped in value significantly on Monday. :D
Investments are all about the long game though, so they'll be back to where they were soon enough and you'll be just fine.

And it's very likely that the deferred comp plan puts your money in pretty safe index funds, so it shouldn't be anything you need to worry about at all.

My secondary account looks like Lemire's depiction of the Red Kingdom. The numbers are giving me similar nightmares too. -_-

And I haven't even looked in my 401k account...

Zombine

Banned
Wake up at 5 am, go to work, go to class, go to lab, sit in traffic, get home at 7 pm, work out, eat, THEN I can read my comics :c

Wake up at 5am, read a book
Go to work, read a book (in the bathroom)
Go to class, read a book,
Go to lab, read a book
Sit in traffic, read a book,
Get home at 7pm, read a book
Work out while reading a book,
Eat a book,
Go to bed.

Hagi

First issue of Silk is on MU and I loved it. Bummed that the trade isn't out till December but least it will be all 7 issues. Definitely going to be reading the new run.

Wake up at 5am, read a book
Go to work, read a book (in the bathroom)
Go to class, read a book,
Go to lab, read a book
Sit in traffic, read a book,
Get home at 7pm, read a book
Work out while reading a book,
Eat a book,
Go to bed.

Ohoho! Zombine, you're such a character!

I get to pick up Grayson tpb 1 today and also Batman and Robin tpb 2 and tpb 3!

And another book I've been looking for for a long time for - Life in Kowloon Walled City.

Top Bottom